Mafia III - Day 4 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Mafia III - Day 4

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Mafia III - Day 4

Postby Yoda » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:10 pm

The celebration for finding and killing the second member of the mafia is short lived as the townies find another one of their member, Chris8, murdered during the 3rd night.

Still they have little time for mourning as there is one last remaining mafia member contaminating the small population of the Degobah Swamp.

3 votes needed for a lynching and we are down to:
Aussie
Wake
Mookie
DClark
Bigken
Pokerplaya
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Mafia III - Day 4

Postby bigken117 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:19 pm

One of two things:

Mookie is mafia.
Mookie is being framed.

We sort of tipped our hand when saying Mook would be gone by day 4 because he would be whacked by the mafia. They have no reason to go after him if he is going to be lynched by the town.

Why did the mafia attempt to whack Chris on Night 1? All he said in any of his posts was that he was suspicious of Mookello.

So either the mafia went after Chris to frame Mookie...or Mookie The Mafia went after Chris to get him off his scent, as most everyone else in the town thinks he's innocent.

I have more to say but more reading to do. I am not swayed by the voting on Day 1. Ink gave himself up to Jason, he could easily do it to Mookie. They were all on around the same time, when Ink had 3 votes. Mookie cast vote 4 and J vote 5 only 2 minutes after.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby dclark0699 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:29 pm

I really think Mookie is just being framed. I haven't seen anything in his posts to convince me otherwise. It was just we were so quick to ay the mafia would kill him early, that they are leaving him alive to gain suspicion.

That said, I have no clue who the last one is.

from his posts, I think Wake is innocent - and I've thought Bigken was innocent for much of the game.

Aussie has been so quiet that he is scaring me, but he played quiet previously and was townie. The fact that he alluded to Chris8 being the final mafia and now him being dead seems to clear him, unless that was just a plan.

Poker was completely absent from Day 2's disaster.
dclark0699
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby pokerplaya » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:41 pm

I've been a waste this game, I haven't been around at all.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby bigken117 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:09 pm

dclark0699 wrote:I really think Mookie is just being framed. I haven't seen anything in his posts to convince me otherwise. It was just we were so quick to ay the mafia would kill him early, that they are leaving him alive to gain suspicion.

Possible. Or possible he's still alive because he's Mafia. Like has been said, he is a cagey canuck.

On Day 1, he defended Jason . And Jason went on in Day 1 to cast doubt at Mook while Ink cast an official vote for him. They voted for their partner 2 minutes apart.

Day 2:
He used the ;-7 smiley when wondering who the town wanted to kill after night 1. A cunning double bluff?
He calls Jason potentially "insane".
Jason associates himself with Mookie in one of his posts
Now since I chose wrong Night 1 with Mookie we get an easy decision today....Bronx.

He delays making a vote. Though he was expressing doubts about Jason, he puts the final nail in Bx's coffin, (knowing he was about to send an innocent man to a shallow grave?). His vote came 2 minutes after Aussie's third vote. So before anyone else could unvote the man who admitted he was the investigator, Mookie has him killed.

We have 2 chances to get it right.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby pokerplaya » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:20 pm

I personally think Mookie is the final mafia member.

Vote: Mookie
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby AussieDodger » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:54 am

My latest tentative suspect list had chris8 + wake + Mookie on it.
I come home to find chris8 dead, so that leaves wake and Mookie.

If they can talk their way off my list (without "blah blah blah"ing) I'll vote for the other one. :-S
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 20)

Postby Mookie4ever » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:08 am

Just got up and I see that I have missed a lot.

Looking at the Day 1 voting I see that it was the mafia that tried to start the ball rolling against me.

Chris8 cast the initial vote for me and said this

Chris8 wrote:I just think there's more reason to suspect Mookie than anyone else right now; although I would add that the point Teddy made regarding wake is a valid one. He certainly knows why J35J was throwing the votes out early, and to come back and vote for J seems to me not defensive as such, more a possible smokescreen to persuade newer players to the game that J's act was suspicious. So wake is high on my list of suspects, but I'm sticking with Mookie for now.

10 minutes later Inukchuk changes his vote from poker to me

Inukchuk wrote:What a mess this day is...

At this point I have no reason to suspect bronx, but apparently others do.

I've been very leery of Poker for awhile, especially since he hasn't said a peep since I voted for him. Of course, no one else agrees, which means my vote is a wasted one.

Up to this point, I've tended to agree with a lot of the points that chris8 is bringing. Hopefully his logic holds up here...

unvote: pokerplaya
vote: mookie

and eleven minutes after that J35J makes a post condemning me without actually casting the third vote for me, trying to stay behind the scenes and not creating a voting record of pushing out townies

J35J wrote:Now that Bronx has posted a few times, I don't really get the feeling he's a mafioso.....I could absolutely be wrong but what little has said doesn't lead me to believe he has any bad blood in him.

UnVote: Bronx

Teddy, is a little worriesome because he's a solid player but has yet to say anything to help the town out.

Wake, does make me suspicious with the couple of things he's done so far....extra defensive when I threw a vote out at him, etc.

And I was with Mookie from the start, but the more the day goes on the more I feel like others are on the right track with him as far as being a sneaky mafioso.

The more I look at it the more confused I am, as much as I want to move the first day on I can't seem to jump on the Mookie bandwagon just yet and my other suspects don't have alot of votes on them either....Teddy, Wake....

If there is more good evidence on Mookie I could be swayed his direction but as of right now I'm going to stay firmly on the fence and just review all the discussions again. :-°

In this case at least I see the mafia working together.

Also at the begining of Day 2 I said that my suspects were Bronx and J35J:

Mookie4ever wrote:The ones that I think are townies in the order that I am most sure:

ken
Poker
Aussie
Wake
Teddy

The ones that I think may be mafia:

Bronx
J35J

I have no feeling at all about dclark and Chris8.
J35J is playing erratically and if we had ISK I would say that it is him.

That being said I see no reason why the mafia tried to get Chris8 night 1 or why the doctor protected him (lucky guess?). The only thing that Chris8 did on day one was question me and cast a vote for me and he did not change his vote at all despite the Inukchuk bandwagon. Did the doctor protect Teddy because he figured out who the mafia was and who they would try to kill? I don't think so. In addition to revealing himself too early the doctor also did not give us a reason why he picked the same person that the mafia picked on Day 1

teddy ballgame wrote:Actually nevermind, there's a 75% chance of it working which is much better than we would have otherwise.

I'm the doctor. I protected chris8. We have 3 known townies (me, Bronx, chris). I'm going to die tonight. I protect Bronx, allowing him to investigate another person. If it's mafia, you obviously kill them. If it's a townie, you're back to 3 known townies out of 8 people. But I'm also pretty certain dclark is a townie, because it wouldn't make sense for him to say he's sure chris8 is innocent (he wouldn't want us to think that about anyone). So we have 4 known townies out of 8 people.

That's enough for a kill, so you 4 need to find the 2 mafia out of the remaining 4. You'll have 2 chances to do this. Day 3 (8 people, 4 known townies) and Day 4 (6 people, 3 known townies). If you don't get either one by then though, the mafia will win.

And if dclark is really mafia the whole plan fails, but either way I need to get the information about chris out because I'm going to die whether the mafia knows I'm the doctor or not since Bronx confirmed I'm a townie.

The only person that I saw Teddy questioning was Wake.
I'm not sure yet who is the final mafia but I think that there's enough evidence out there that I'm a townie.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby pokerplaya » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:34 am

Unvote: Mookie
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

Postby dclark0699 » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:33 am

Either Mookie is very very good, or he is a townie.
dclark0699
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to General Talk