Will Quentin be placed on the DL? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Will Quentin be placed on the DL?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Will Quentin be placed on the DL?

Postby laubman » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:59 am

I need to know whether to wait and stash him if he is placed on the DL in the next day or two (it's a keeper league) or just to drop him outright as I can really use the bench spot.
laubman
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Will Quentin be placed on the DL?

Postby clevername » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:04 pm

I'm worried they won't since the rosters expanded.

It's going to kill me in my dynasty since I can't drop him. I had a bye this week but I need to get something done today to get set up for a matchup Monday.
When you are a man, sometimes you wear stretchy pants in your room...is for fun.
clevername
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby soty » Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:33 pm

clevername wrote:I'm worried they won't since the rosters expanded.

It's going to kill me in my dynasty since I can't drop him. I had a bye this week but I need to get something done today to get set up for a matchup Monday.
I hear ya same thing. Had to make a move. I have been waiting all year to use my #1 waiver on Price, but I since this injury happened I have to use it on Mark Reynolds to pick up some power. I know it sucks, but i have to do something. Good luck to all that lost Quentin.
soty
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics Expert

Postby ha_jai » Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:40 pm

I doubt he will be placed on the DL. With the September call ups, there is no need to make open a roster spot for a replacement. We are nearing the last month of the season and in the crunch time so there is no point in keeping a player unless you are in a dynasty league.
ha_jai
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jfg » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:02 am

You never know. If the Sox feel there's someone they can bring in or bring up they could. Anybody they replace Quentin with could be on the playoff roster since Quentin was on the active roster before September 1st. IMO, I don't think the Pale Hoes just let a roster spot go to waste in the middle of a playoff chase.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby jackie hayes » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:31 am

jfg wrote:You never know. If the Sox feel there's someone they can bring in or bring up they could. Anybody they replace Quentin with could be on the playoff roster since Quentin was on the active roster before September 1st. IMO, I don't think the Pale Hoes just let a roster spot go to waste in the middle of a playoff chase.

If they bring someone in, he can't be on the playoff roster. He had to be in the Sox system at the end of August. They might dl him right before the playoffs to get someone onto the playoff roster. But that's then -- there's basically no reason to dl him until the season's essentially over.

Also, they have free spots on the roster now (only 35 on the active roster). I don't think any team brings up all 40 players.

It sucks, but you're basically out of luck in a keeper.
jackie hayes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 65)

Postby rocky123 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:09 am

jackie hayes wrote:
jfg wrote:It sucks, but you're basically out of luck in a keeper.

That's me to the T. Picked him up for $5 in week one to replace Granderson so now I have him under contract for 2 more years at that price. Currently in 2nd place with the ability to catch up to 1st place in both runs and rbis to make up the deficit but can't pick up another player because we don't have bench spots and they refuse to DL him :~(
I can drop him and just go for it (Choo is available and so is Worth) and if i win it was worth it but if I finish 2nd anyway I will be suicidal on draft day next year.
Finally The Rock has come back....to New York City!!
rocky123
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Injuries & Player Updates