Mafia III - Night 2 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Mafia III - Night 2

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Mafia III - Day 2

Postby dclark0699 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:07 am

J35J wrote:Vote: Bronx

Lets just say he can't be the investigator.... B-)


Well one of J35J or Bronx is Mafia. Possibly both, but unlikely now.
Image
dclark0699
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1775
Joined: 13 Jan 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Ohio State University

Re: Mafia III - Day 2

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:16 am

Just woke up.

J35J is mafia.

Yoda did reveal to me that teddy was the doctor, but I didn't think that it was necessary information at the time I posted. If the mafia knew who the doctor was, there would be no way for teddy to survive tonight. I didn't want to automatically put that target on his back. I thought that simply saying he was a townie would at least give him a better chance of surviving tonight, and we could possibly move forward with both of us for at least another day.

There is absolutely no doubt now that J is mafia though. So if you choose right, and choose J, that leaves just 1 mafia left with me, the real investigator around tomorrow to try to get you guys some more information.

If you kill J and he's a townie, then you'll kill me tomorrow anyway, but there is no doubt in my mind that J is mafia with that fake confession.


Vote: J35J
25
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 11949
(Past Year: 54)
Joined: 8 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Mafia III - Day 2

Postby J35J » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:33 am

There's no reason for me to come out right now unless something like this happened. Now since I chose wrong Night 1 with Mookie we get an easy decision today....Bronx. Really pretty simple, no further explanation needs to happen I wouldn't think. Bronx was almost toast and he acted it on claiming to be the investigator....now it just opens the door for me to call him out on it.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 10467
(Past Year: 390)
Joined: 26 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Mafia III - Day 2

Postby Mookie4ever » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:35 am

I just read all of this.

First of all why would the doctor reveal himself? And why did the investigator reveal himself? The investigator should only reveal himself if he has found a mafia. In the case of finding a mafia the investigator is sacrificed to kill off a mafia (the remaining mafia kills him that night or the next if the doctor kills him). Investigator for mafia is a fair trade because the townies outnumber the mafia by so much.

The doctor and the investigator revealing themselves to point out a simple townie does not make sense. The doctor and the investigator are very valuable and to sacrifice themselves (b/c they have now made themselves targets) to protect a regular townie who is not as valuable as them makes no sense. I have come to the conclusion that they are either mafia protecting each other or just made a bad play.

Bronx's assertion that the moderator revealed to him the identity of the doctor is ridiculous. He is lying which makes it sure that he and Teddy are the two remaining mafia trying to protect each other. If he is telling the truth then Yoda has screwed up the game. If Yoda did this he has to step in and confirm that Bronx is telling the truth and thereby confirming the identity of te doctor and the investigator and ruining the game. If Yoda does not speak up then Bronx is lying and he is mafia and Teddy is probably mafia as well.

I'm going to wait to hear from Yoda. If he confirms what Bronx has said then I will vote for J. If Yoda says nothing in the next few hours then I will say that the two remaining mafia are Bronx and Teddy.
Image
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 19545
(Past Year: 280)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Hakuna, Montana

Re: Mafia III - Day 2

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:40 am

J35J wrote:There's no reason for me to come out right now unless something like this happened. Now since I chose wrong Night 1 with Mookie we get an easy decision today....Bronx. Really pretty simple, no further explanation needs to happen I wouldn't think. Bronx was almost toast and he acted it on claiming to be the investigator....now it just opens the door for me to call him out on it.


There's a perfectly good reason for you to do this. By getting me killed today and then killing teddy tonight, you will have eliminated two of the key pieces of the townies.

I'm also now convinced that Mookie is townie. On page one, J35J said that he "didn't like all the love Mookie was getting," and that he thought we were giving him a "free pass." Couple that with chris8's analysis and the fact that J35J just used Mookie's name as a means to prove his innocence and it's clear that Mookie is not mafia.

teddy
chris8
Mookie
BB51

...and seemingly dclark are all townies.
25
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 11949
(Past Year: 54)
Joined: 8 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Mafia III - Day 2

Postby Mookie4ever » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:41 am

I just reread last night's posts and my post and I made one mistake. Only Bronx made the comment about Yoda revealing the identity of the doctor. Teddy is not necessarily mafia. I still do not see any reason for him revealing himself. Why did he feel the need to protect Chris8 who was in no danger?

I want to hear from Teddy as to why he revealed himself.
Image
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 19545
(Past Year: 280)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Hakuna, Montana

Re: Mafia III - Day 2

Postby AussieDodger » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:42 am

dclark0699 wrote:
J35J wrote:Vote: Bronx

Lets just say he can't be the investigator.... B-)


Well one of J35J or Bronx is Mafia. Possibly both, but unlikely now.


:-S

Have to check day one.

:-S
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Posts: 11362
(Past Year: 24)
Joined: 22 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: What do you mean, Flash Gordon approaching?

Re: Mafia III - Day 2

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:43 am

Mookie4ever wrote:I just read all of this.

First of all why would the doctor reveal himself? And why did the investigator reveal himself? The investigator should only reveal himself if he has found a mafia. In the case of finding a mafia the investigator is sacrificed to kill off a mafia (the remaining mafia kills him that night or the next if the doctor kills him). Investigator for mafia is a fair trade because the townies outnumber the mafia by so much.

The doctor and the investigator revealing themselves to point out a simple townie does not make sense. The doctor and the investigator are very valuable and to sacrifice themselves (b/c they have now made themselves targets) to protect a regular townie who is not as valuable as them makes no sense. I have come to the conclusion that they are either mafia protecting each other or just made a bad play.

Bronx's assertion that the moderator revealed to him the identity of the doctor is ridiculous. He is lying which makes it sure that he and Teddy are the two remaining mafia trying to protect each other. If he is telling the truth then Yoda has screwed up the game. If Yoda did this he has to step in and confirm that Bronx is telling the truth and thereby confirming the identity of te doctor and the investigator and ruining the game. If Yoda does not speak up then Bronx is lying and he is mafia and Teddy is probably mafia as well.

I'm going to wait to hear from Yoda. If he confirms what Bronx has said then I will vote for J. If Yoda says nothing in the next few hours then I will say that the two remaining mafia are Bronx and Teddy.


I only revealed myself as investigator because it appeared as if I was going to be lynched today. That would do even less good for the townies. At least now, I can stick around for another day and give more information tomorrow. If I was lynched today, that wouldn't be possible.

And essentially, the townie's have gotten their mafia in this scenario anyway, with J's emergence.

Yoda did reveal to me that teddy was the doctor. I don't know if that was against the rules or not, but is the truth.
25
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 11949
(Past Year: 54)
Joined: 8 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Mafia III - Day 2

Postby Mookie4ever » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:45 am

To simplify matters we have to vote for either J35J or Bronx tonight.

I'm leaning towards voting for Bronx b/c he said that Yoda revealed the indentity of the doctor to him. And b/c his assertion that he is the investigator was made in desperation when others were voting for him.

Still I would like to hear from Teddy (why did you reveal yourself) and Yoda (you wouldn't reveal the identity of the doctor would you - just like if the doctor mistakenly chose to protect a mafia you wouldn't reveal to the doctor that he had protected a mafia by mistake)?
Image
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 19545
(Past Year: 280)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Hakuna, Montana

Re: Mafia III - Day 2

Postby dclark0699 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:55 am

It isn't completely out of the question that Yoda did that, but I'm saying unlikely.

Worse Case:
It's 8-2 right now
Kill Bronx and he was actually a townie
7-2
Someone killed overnight
6-2
Kill J
6-1
Someone killed over night
5-1
We'd still have two shots to pick the right guy.

Vote: Bronxbombers
Image
dclark0699
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1775
Joined: 13 Jan 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Ohio State University

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Sep. 17
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

LA Dodgers at Colorado
(3:10 pm)
San Francisco at Arizona
(3:40 pm)
Toronto at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Boston at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
Washington at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
Miami at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
NY Yankees at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Cincinnati at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Cleveland at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Chi White Sox at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Detroit at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Milwaukee at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
Seattle at LA Angels
(10:05 pm)
Texas at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
Philadelphia at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact