Mafia III - Night 2 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Mafia III - Night 2

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Mafia III - Night 2

Postby Yoda » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:09 pm

The townies survive Night 1 with some help from the good doctor!!! Day 2 starts with 5 votes needed for a lynching.

Still alive:
Bronx
Aussie
Wake
Chris8
J35J
Mookie
DClark
Bigken
Pokerplaya
Teddy
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Mafia III - Day 2

Postby dclark0699 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:23 pm

This game is going remarkably similar to last game ;-D
dclark0699
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby BronXBombers51 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:27 pm

Vote: Wake

Read through day one again and Wake's posts seem very defensive. I still have a strong feeling about Mookie, but as we established, it might be wiser to keep him around for now. If he's a townie, the mafia would likely kill him soon (they might have already with last night's attempted kill) and if he stays around we can take it from there.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby dclark0699 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:40 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:Vote: Wake

Read through day one again and Wake's posts seem very defensive. I still have a strong feeling about Mookie, but as we established, it might be wiser to keep him around for now. If he's a townie, the mafia would likely kill him soon (they might have already with last night's attempted kill) and if he stays around we can take it from there.

Vote: BronxBombers

Not much posting in day 1 and reluctant to vote. immediately posted a vote in day 2.

Voted for someone who was gaining suspicion from other players in day 1 although he never voted for him and has headed the "Mookie for Lynching" campaign.
dclark0699
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby BronXBombers51 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:43 pm

dclark0699 wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:Vote: Wake

Vote: BronxBombers

Not much posting in day 1 and reluctant to vote. immediately posted a vote in day 2.

Voted for someone who was gaining suspicion from other players in day 1 although he never voted for him and has headed the "Mookie for Lynching" campaign.

I put down that I felt either wake or teddy was mafia later in that thread but that I wasn't sure which. I also, along with several other people, thought that Mookie was slightly suspicious. I still don't know anything for sure, but I got blasted last time for not saying anything and not voting. I figured I'd throw a name out there and see what people thought. I'm not dead-locked into anyone right now. If people think otherwise on wake, I'll revise my decision.

At this point, his bickering with J has me thinking he's a little defensive about something.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:46 pm

dclark0699 wrote:This game is going remarkably similar to last game ;-D

Yeah, I wonder who the mafia tried to whack? ;-7 Good move doc.

If the investigator found a mafia he should reveal himself now. If he didn't pick right then he should stay secret.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 275)

Postby J35J » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:49 pm

Wow, awesome job Doc. Looks like the town definately has a leg up again!

I'm not sure I like all the love Mookie is getting...just seems to be a little over the top and it seems like we are giving him too much of a free pass. :-?

With that said I feel like dclark has risen towards the top of my suspect list.....and that might be just because he's been talking more and everyone else is a little out of site out of mind. But if it isn't dclark then I feel like its Bronx. I think one of you two are a mafioso....its just figuring out which one??
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 369)

Postby BronXBombers51 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:50 pm

J35J wrote:Wow, awesome job Doc. Looks like the town definately has a leg up again!

I'm not sure I like all the love Mookie is getting...just seems to be a little over the top and it seems like we are giving him too much of a free pass. :-?

With that said I feel like dclark has risen towards the top of my suspect list.....and that might be just because he's been talking more and everyone else is a little out of site out of mind. But if it isn't dclark then I feel like its Bronx. I think one of you two are a mafioso....its just figuring out which one??

It's not me.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby wake » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:53 pm

I never got a chance to respond to these quotes in day 1 so I'll reply here.

dclark0699 wrote:Yeah I've seen nothing Mookie has done that's made me even look at him twice. I find the Mookie-hate to be suspicious as I feel with the way he played last game and the aura about him coming into this set of games, that the mafia will be quick to kill him off overnight if he isn't one of their own. The longer he lasts, maybe I'll begin to get suspicious of him, but certainly not yet.

bigken117 wrote:Mookie will not last in this game more than a few days. He is a solid player. If he is a townie, the mafia knows Mook will sniff them out, so he will be the first one offed by them. And if our friendly doctor protects him tonight, they will get him tomorrow. So if he is alive on Day 3, there is a strong chance he is part of the mafia. Get him then.

Be careful about bringing up these points before we actually get to that point (Day 3). If Mookie is a townie, then the mafia will know not to kill him if everyone else is willing to kill him on day 3. At this point, we can't assume that Mookie is any more suspicious for surviving a couple nights since the mafia wouldn't kill him if he's likely to be voted off. Especially since Mookie also had the 2nd highest number of votes on day 1 and was a prime target heading into day 2.

On the other hand, the doctor and the mafia both picked the same person last night. While they could've chosen anyone, there's a good chance they both picked Mookie since there was so much discussion about him at the end of day 1. If that's the case, than Mookie has to be a townsperson. Right now I'm leaning towards that being the case. It's definately possible that both the mafia and the doctor could've picked the same person who wasn't Mookie, but the odds are more unlikely in that case.
wake
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby J35J » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:55 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:
J35J wrote:Wow, awesome job Doc. Looks like the town definately has a leg up again!

It's not me.

Heh, thats all there is to say? Not that you should neccessarily say more but you are confusing me....not sure how to take some of your comments.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 369)

Next

Return to General Talk