More More St. Louis Craziness - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

More More St. Louis Craziness

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: More More St. Louis Craziness

Postby RugbyD » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:30 pm

Madison wrote:
RugbyD wrote:
Madison wrote:For all we know, one of her kids is a drug dealer and the intel said he was stashing stuff at his mother's. Which means the warrant was justified and correct,...

You couldn't be more wrong.

Really? I didn't see proof anywhere that either one of her kids isn't a drug dealer. Link please? :-)

And I was simply giving an alternative, speculating a bit since the article doesn't give any info. I have no proof either of her kids are drug dealers, but you've got no proof they aren't, so it very well could be exactly what I said, just like it could be what you said. But I won't stoop to calling you "wrong" unless I can prove it of course (which I can't).

I said you were wrong b/c you indicated that if intel said XYZ, the warrant is justified. Validity of the warrant is entirely dependent on the validity of the intel. Your statement assumed valid intel, which is a wrong assumption to make, as would be assuming invalid intel.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:38 pm

RugbyD wrote:I said you were wrong b/c you indicated that if intel said XYZ, the warrant is justified. Validity of the warrant is entirely dependent on the validity of the intel. Your statement assumed valid intel, which is a wrong assumption to make, as would be assuming invalid intel.

Intel is a lot more than just what a CI says. At least it involves more than that in my book. :-?

And my statement was "for all we know", meaning we don't "know" squat as to why/how they got the warrant and went in. It can/could be justified, or it can/could be totally bogus. Neither of us know.

So I won't take the step of assuming I know anything. The situation as it stands right now looks bad on the police force, but we don't have enough information to know anything about it for sure.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby RugbyD » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:59 pm

Madison wrote:
RugbyD wrote:I said you were wrong b/c you indicated that if intel said XYZ, the warrant is justified. Validity of the warrant is entirely dependent on the validity of the intel. Your statement assumed valid intel, which is a wrong assumption to make, as would be assuming invalid intel.

Intel is a lot more than just what a CI says. At least it involves more than that in my book. :-?

you'd be surprised at how little it takes to get a warrant. The unfortunate truth is that police regularly cut corners and/or lie.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Madison » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:27 pm

RugbyD wrote:
Madison wrote:

you'd be surprised at how little it takes to get a warrant. The unfortunate truth is that police regularly cut corners and/or lie.

Then shouldn't you be throwing the judges who sign the warrants under the bus as well?

:-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby RugbyD » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:26 am

Madison wrote:
RugbyD wrote:
Madison wrote:

Then shouldn't you be throwing the judges who sign the warrants under the bus as well?

:-b

on occassion yes, but most have no choice but to take the police's word for it.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Previous

Return to General Talk