repubs rip Palin off the air - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

repubs rip Palin off the air

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: repubs rip Palin off the air

Postby Metroid » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:15 am

Never....EVER...vote for a party, vote for or against a candidate but not the party. Not voting for the best person for the job because of their party affiliation is silly, and saying "I only vote democrat" or "I only vote republican" is even sillier. You have to disregard the party for the most part and vote for the individual.

That said I always vote wig. :-B
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jfg » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:27 am

Metroid wrote:Never....EVER...vote for a party, vote for or against a candidate but not the party. Not voting for the best person for the job because of their party affiliation is silly, and saying "I only vote democrat" or "I only vote republican" is even sillier. You have to disregard the party for the most part and vote for the individual.

I used to totally agree with you but I can't vote for anybody affiliated with those parties anymore because no matter what they may say, they are still pawns to the party and it doesn't matter what office I'm voting for.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 85)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:28 am

Metroid wrote:Never....EVER...vote for a party, vote for or against a candidate but not the party. Not voting for the best person for the job because of their party affiliation is silly, and saying "I only vote democrat" or "I only vote republican" is even sillier. You have to disregard the party for the most part and vote for the individual.

it's whig :^
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Metroid » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:33 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:

it's whig :^

It's however I want to say it. :-D

Anyway yeah I agree jfg that for the most part they are pawns but you can't simply vote against a party, you still have to vote for the best qualified person for the job, regardless of their party affiliation.
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod

Postby knapplc » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:05 pm

Metroid wrote:Anyway yeah I agree jfg that for the most part they are pawns but you can't simply vote against a party, you still have to vote for the best qualified person for the job, regardless of their party affiliation.

Yes. Free your mind. Register Independent, too.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Metroid » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:36 pm

knapplc wrote:
Metroid wrote:Anyway yeah I agree jfg that for the most part they are pawns but you can't simply vote against a party, you still have to vote for the best qualified person for the job, regardless of their party affiliation.

I was registered independent but I couldn't vote in local primaries unless I was registered Dem/Rep(something like that), so I switched and registered Dem. It has zero impact on how I vote though. :-?
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod

Postby acsguitar » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:45 pm

Metroid wrote:
knapplc wrote:

I was registered independent but I couldn't vote in local primaries unless I was registered Dem/Rep(something like that), so I switched and registered Dem. It has zero impact on how I vote though. :-?

Democracy at it's finest.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Art Vandelay » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:52 pm

I'm registered independent and have to deal with the same thing that Met described, but I think that's the way it should be. The primaries are for the parties to select who they want to represent them in the election. Why should independents have a say in who the Democrats or Republicans run? Or, as would be the case in most open primary systems, why should Democrats have a say in who the Republican candidate would be?
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:57 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:I'm registered independent and have to deal with the same thing that Met described, but I think that's the way it should be. The primaries are for the parties to select who they want to represent them in the election. Why should independents have a say in who the Democrats or Republicans run? Or, as would be the case in most open primary systems, why should Democrats have a say in who the Republican candidate would be?

Agreed. But even as an Independent you have a vote in local elections, bond issues, etc., in the primaries. It's just for party affiliated candidacy votes you don't get to chime in on, and not being a part of this or that party, I don't care.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Metroid » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:06 pm

The reason I like to be able to vote in primaries is that sometimes there is a candidate in one of the major parties that I will end up voting for over a third party candidate, and I want to make sure they get through the primaries. I think it's lame that I have to be registered to any party really, as a voter I should be able to vote on anything...screw parties, just vote. ;-D
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk