repubs rip Palin off the air - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

repubs rip Palin off the air

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

repubs rip Palin off the air

Postby Yoda » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:29 pm

Let's get this out of the way first. Palin is a MILF, soon to be GMILF. But with a 71 yo president, do you want to take the chance that he might actually die and she becomes president? Hear the off the air comments made by Mike Murphy and Peggy Noonan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dq4sOM4t ... arah-palin
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: repubs rip Palin off the air

Postby RugbyD » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:46 pm

Yoda wrote:Let's get this out of the way first. Palin is a MILF, soon to be GMILF. But with a 71 yo president, do you want to take the chance that he might actually die and she becomes president? Hear the off the air comments made by Mike Murphy and Peggy Noonan:

meh. experience is overrated. general personal competence is not and she seems to have enough of that. Just b/c she doesn't know everything now doesn't mean she isn't a quick study and natural decision-maker. If I was a Republican voter the odds are far too low for it to be an issue for me. I think the fact the party lifers like Murphy and Noonan are slamming her improves her stock, or at least it should. Not enough for me to cast a vote though.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:48 pm

lol - nice

Here's one of the Sith Lord himself Karl Rove ripping apart (at the time possible Obama running mate) Tim Kaine as unqualified for the VP position b/c his only experience is as mayor of a small town and has not even served a full term as a governor. :-b

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4qEynSx19E
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)

Postby Yoda » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:52 pm

RugbyD wrote:
Yoda wrote:Let's get this out of the way first. Palin is a MILF, soon to be GMILF. But with a 71 yo president, do you want to take the chance that he might actually die and she becomes president? Hear the off the air comments made by Mike Murphy and Peggy Noonan:

meh. experience is overrated. general personal competence is not and she seems to have enough of that. Just b/c she doesn't know everything now doesn't mean she isn't a quick study and natural decision-maker. If I was a Republican voter the odds are far too low for it to be an issue for me. I think the fact the party lifers like Murphy and Noonan are slamming her improves her stock, or at least it should. Not enough for me to cast a vote though.

I find it hilarious that the repubs have been ripping Obama for his lack of experience and then chose Palin as Mc's running-mate. I mean WTF? I was still on the fence with McCain until he chose Palin. At this point, it is a no-brainer for me.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby BronXBombers51 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:56 pm

Yoda wrote:
RugbyD wrote:

I find it hilarious that the repubs have been ripping Obama for his lack of experience and then chose Palin as Mc's running-mate. I mean WTF? I was still on the fence with McCain until he chose Palin. At this point, it is a no-brainer for me.

As someone who desperately does not want to see McCain in the White House, I'm glad that the pick of Palin basically destroys their ability to use Obama's experience against him. As far as Palin goes, whether you argue that she's qualified or not, this was clearly a political pick for McCain, and not "America First," as he likes to say.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 116)

Postby bigken117 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:01 pm

(I heard) Pailin has more private sector experience than Obama.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 254)

Postby Big Pimpin » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:02 pm

Yoda wrote:I find it hilarious that the repubs have been ripping Obama for his lack of experience and then chose Palin as Mc's running-mate. I mean WTF? I was still on the fence with McCain until he chose Palin. At this point, it is a no-brainer for me.

As far as executive level experience goes, she has more than the entire Dem ticket. And Obama may have 4 years in the Senate but half of that he's been campaigning for President. I think experience is overrated anyway. I really like Palin though. Heck if I could vote for her for President I probably would over either McCain or Obama.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby slomo007 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:02 pm

You guys are crazy. You are comparing Palin's experience to Obama's experience? You do realize that Obama is running for President while Palin is running for Vice President, right? Apples and oranges.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby BronXBombers51 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:07 pm

Expanding upon Mookie's link, here's a clip from the Daily Show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8uGenNjOAI

Good for a laugh.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 116)

Postby Yoda » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:08 pm

slomo007 wrote:You guys are crazy. You are comparing Palin's experience to Obama's experience? You do realize that Obama is running for President while Palin is running for Vice President, right? Apples and oranges.

Not that crazy when you have a 71 yo presidential candidate who also happens to be going senile. I actually like McCain and would have considered voting for him but I don't trust Palin. I mean she has a 17 yo daughter in high school who is pregnant. WTF? Obviously no one is perfect but still, that is a pretty big negative right there.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to General Talk