Return to General Talk

Mafia III - Day 1

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Mafia III - Day 1

Postby dclark0699 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:32 pm

Let's spice it up some.

Unvote: Chris8
Vote: BronxBomber

Thrown a few accusations at different people and yet has not voted. That strikes me as suspicious.
dclark0699
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dclark0699 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:33 pm

Whoops forgot to Bold

Unvote: Chris8
Vote: Bronxbomber
dclark0699
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby BronXBombers51 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:13 pm

I haven't really outwardly accused anyone. I was asked to share my thoughts so I did. Mookie's kind of been on my back though, and I've had a hunch about him from the start. So here goes nothing.

Vote: Mookie
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby chris8 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:58 pm

dclark0699 wrote:I have to vote by what this guy says:

I have no idea who that guy is, but I'm guessing it's not a good thing to be at the top of his list?! :-b

Anyway, good to see some more activity, although some of the recent voting seems to have little reasoning behind it!
Aussie Dodger votes for Inukchuk because he's "blah blah blah"?!

I'm sticking with Mookie for the time being. As well as my previous reasons for voting for him, most of his posts seem to be geared towards bringing attention onto other people - and so away from himself. Like the criticism for Bronx for his post being "participation just to be seen", or saying that the post from wake was not logical. I'm not saying that I disagree with the points he makes - there could well be something in them (after all, I can't rule anyone out as possible mafia at this point) - but it does feel that there is a concerted effort to cast suspicions on a number of people.

I just think there's more reason to suspect Mookie than anyone else right now; although I would add that the point Teddy made regarding wake is a valid one. He certainly knows why J35J was throwing the votes out early, and to come back and vote for J seems to me not defensive as such, more a possible smokescreen to persuade newer players to the game that J's act was suspicious. So wake is high on my list of suspects, but I'm sticking with Mookie for now.
chris8
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 107)

Postby Inukchuk » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:08 pm

What a mess this day is...

At this point I have no reason to suspect bronx, but apparently others do.

I've been very leery of Poker for awhile, especially since he hasn't said a peep since I voted for him. Of course, no one else agrees, which means my vote is a wasted one.

Up to this point, I've tended to agree with a lot of the points that chris8 is bringing. Hopefully his logic holds up here...

unvote: pokerplaya
vote: mookie
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby J35J » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:19 pm

Now that Bronx has posted a few times, I don't really get the feeling he's a mafioso.....I could absolutely be wrong but what little has said doesn't lead me to believe he has any bad blood in him.

UnVote: Bronx

Teddy, is a little worriesome because he's a solid player but has yet to say anything to help the town out.

Wake, does make me suspicious with the couple of things he's done so far....extra defensive when I threw a vote out at him, etc.

And I was with Mookie from the start, but the more the day goes on the more I feel like others are on the right track with him as far as being a sneaky mafioso.

The more I look at it the more confused I am, as much as I want to move the first day on I can't seem to jump on the Mookie bandwagon just yet and my other suspects don't have alot of votes on them either....Teddy, Wake....

If there is more good evidence on Mookie I could be swayed his direction but as of right now I'm going to stay firmly on the fence and just review all the discussions again. :-°
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 390)

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:21 pm

chris8 wrote:I'm sticking with Mookie for the time being. As well as my previous reasons for voting for him, most of his posts seem to be geared towards bringing attention onto other people - and so away from himself.

As opposed to what everyone else is doing? Questioning others is what you do on Day 1.

chris8 wrote: Like the criticism for Bronx for his post being "participation just to be seen", or saying that the post from wake was not logical. I'm not saying that I disagree with the points he makes - there could well be something in them (after all, I can't rule anyone out as possible mafia at this point) - but it does feel that there is a concerted effort to cast suspicions on a number of people.

You are wrong. The only person that I have cast suspicion on is Bronx. What I said to Wake was that his post was illogical (and it was) but I do not suspect him. And then when Wake explained himself I said "sounds good".

Also if the Mookie bandwagon gets really rolling and find out tomorrow that I'm a townie I should point out that given how the last game went down and seeing as how not much is known of the other townies that I am probably perceived (correctly or incorrectly) as the biggest threat to the mafia right now. So either they jump on my bandwagon around the time that Inukchuk did or they whack me at night. Just sayin.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby teddy ballgame » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:24 pm

I'm sticking with wake. I just don't see it being Mookie or Bronx at this point. A few people have said they agreed with my reasoning on wake, so I'm asking you guys to vote on it if you agree. I get the feeling a lot of people vote for Mookie because he's Mookie, and not necessarily because of his actions in the game. Maybe that's wrong but it seems like every day of every game there's a few votes for him.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dclark0699 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:40 pm

Yeah I've seen nothing Mookie has done that's made me even look at him twice. I find the Mookie-hate to be suspicious as I feel with the way he played last game and the aura about him coming into this set of games, that the mafia will be quick to kill him off overnight if he isn't one of their own. The longer he lasts, maybe I'll begin to get suspicious of him, but certainly not yet.
dclark0699
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby dclark0699 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:43 pm

J also got off the Bronx train as it picked up a little steam, so either that clears him in my book - or casts guilt on both of them.
dclark0699
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk