fantasy football draft review - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

fantasy football draft review

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

fantasy football draft review

Postby Yoda » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:29 am

I don't really want to go hang out at the light side so I wanted to start a thread on draft reviews. 12 team, PPR league, back ups in ():
QB-Hasselbeck (Schaub)
RB-Westbrook (Forte)
RB-MJD (Rice)
RB/WR-Cotchery
WR-A.Johnson (Porter)
WR-Harrison (C.Henry)
TE-Heap (LJ Smith)
D/ST-Bears
K-Kaeding

Slight injury concerns but if my starters stay healthy then I think that I can compete. Thoughts?
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: fantasy football draft review

Postby BronXBombers51 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:11 pm

Nice team. Gotta love Westy in a PPR league. I just missed out on him in mine and got Addai instead. No glaring weaknesses on that team anywhere. If Marvin bounces back then you're going to be tough to beat I think.

Here's mine in case anyone is interested (10 teams, .5 PPR, starters marked with *):
QB- Hasselbeck*, Bulger
WR- S. Smith*, Holmes*, Cotchery*, A. Gonzalez
RB- Addai*, Johnson*, Jacobs*, Rice, J. Jones, Forte, Norwood, Booker
TE- Heap*
K- Rackers*
DEF- Seattle*
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby WaCougMBS » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:14 pm

Yoda wrote:I don't really want to go hang out at the light side so I wanted to start a thread on draft reviews. 12 team, PPR league, back ups in ():
QB-Hasselbeck (Schaub)
RB-Westbrook (Forte)
RB-MJD (Rice)
RB/WR-Cotchery
WR-A.Johnson (Porter)
WR-Harrison (C.Henry)
TE-Heap (LJ Smith)
D/ST-Bears
K-Kaeding

Slight injury concerns but if my starters stay healthy then I think that I can compete. Thoughts?

For sure! I like that you got a high-upside guy in Schaub to back up the consistent, but unexciting Hasselbeck. You are a bit thin at RB for sure, but if either Rice or Forte step up, then you are golden there as well. Cotchery and Harrison make for a solid corps behind AJ and your K is solid in Kaeding. Between Heap and Smith, you should be able to field a mostly healthy, productive TE all season. The only position I am not a huge fan of, is the Bears D - I think you can/will be able to do better on the wire there.

Overall, I think you did a very solid job in a 12 teamer with PPR - I'd give you a grade in the B+/A- range for sure ;-D
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Yoda » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:17 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:Nice team. Gotta love Westy in a PPR league. I just missed out on him in mine and got Addai instead. No glaring weaknesses on that team anywhere. If Marvin bounces back then you're going to be tough to beat I think.

Here's mine in case anyone is interested (10 teams, .5 PPR, starters marked with *):
QB- Hasselbeck*, Bulger
TE- Heap*
K- Rackers*
DEF- Seattle*

Nice team and thank you for the feedback. If Johnson bounces back, then you are in great shape. I also really like Cotchery, Rice, Forte, Heap this year. People groaned when I picked Cotchery and Rice.

I had the 2nd overall pick and went with Westbrook due to my league being PPR. I was really tempted to take ADP but decided to play it safe. If Westbrook finishes top 20 overall then I will be happy.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Big Pimpin » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:39 pm

Yoda wrote:I don't really want to go hang out at the light side so I wanted to start a thread on draft reviews. 12 team, PPR league, back ups in ():
QB-Hasselbeck (Schaub)
RB-Westbrook (Forte)
RB-MJD (Rice)
RB/WR-Cotchery
WR-A.Johnson (Porter)
WR-Harrison (C.Henry)
TE-Heap (LJ Smith)
D/ST-Bears
K-Kaeding

Overall I like this squad. I'm not crazy about Harrison but there's a lot of upside there. Neither your RBs or WRs are terribly deep, so that's a bit of concern, but if everyone stays healthy then you should be in very good shape (and like WACougs said, if Rice and/or Forte really step up you're in great shape). Not sure about Porter and Henry but with their upside they're as good as backups as any at this point.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Big Pimpin » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:39 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:Here's mine in case anyone is interested (10 teams, .5 PPR, starters marked with *):
QB- Hasselbeck*, Bulger
TE- Heap*
K- Rackers*
DEF- Seattle*

I like this team a lot too. Good QB, great RB depth, great WR crew (though not terribly deep). I'd be very happy going to battle with this team. ;-D
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Big Pimpin » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:58 pm

Here's my team... 12 teams, standard scoring, no PPR, start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR...

QB - Cutler, Warner
RB - LT2, Jacobs, Perry, Stewart
WR - Edwards, SSmith, Marshall, Ocho Cinco, Burleson, Morgan
TE - Crumpler
K - Rackers
DEF/ST - Seattle

I'm trying to move Jacobs and a WR for a better RB, but other than that I'm quite happy. A bit WR heavy but happy.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Snakes Gould » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:07 pm

in a league where you only start 2 wr, i would have definitely drafted one of the top qb's, mostly just to get the best starting roster. as you can see, it was fairly easy to get some awesome wide outs, but the only position you may be a little behind in is at qb (and maybe that 2nd rb spot, but its all right).

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby AussieDodger » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:10 pm

Yoda wrote:I don't really want to go hang out at the light side

Who would? :-S
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby Big Pimpin » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:31 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:in a league where you only start 2 wr, i would have definitely drafted one of the top qb's, mostly just to get the best starting roster. as you can see, it was fairly easy to get some awesome wide outs, but the only position you may be a little behind in is at qb (and maybe that 2nd rb spot, but its all right).

Eh, I may be bucking conventional wisdom but I actually think Cutler is one of the top QBs. I like him better than Anderson, McNabb, Ben, and Hass this year. He was right at #6 for me, and the fact that there were 7 QBs taken in the first 3 rounds made it all the easier for me to wait until round 5 on Cutler. I also think Warner is a top 5 QB many weeks and the tandem will be awesome. And it was only "easy" to get awesome wideouts because everyone passed on Smith and Marshall due to the suspensions and Chad because of the shoulder (I mean Roddy White was taken before Marshall and Chad... come on!). ;-) Definitely a bit of risk with all the WRs but I'll end up starting 3 most weeks anyway so it was worth it IMO. We'll see.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Next

Return to General Talk