Tiger Woods 09 for Wii - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Video Games

Tiger Woods 09 for Wii

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Tiger Woods 09 for Wii

Postby KCollins1304 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:38 pm

IGN gave this game a really good review and the Wii is perfect for golf. I had been thinking about getting NCAA 09 or Madden 09 for PS3, but this sounds better than either. Any have the game or played it?
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Tiger Woods 09 for Wii

Postby WaCougMBS » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:15 pm

KCollins1304 wrote:IGN gave this game a really good review and the Wii is perfect for golf. I had been thinking about getting NCAA 09 or Madden 09 for PS3, but this sounds better than either. Any have the game or played it?

I am in the same boat, in that Madden and NCAA didn't get very good reviews for the Wii - I am hoping to hear good things about TW so that the wife and I can have a sports game to play on the Wii. I already got Madden for the 360, but it looks like at least that was a good choice for sure ;-)

Hopefully someone goes out on a limb and plays it so we aren't the Guinea pigs :-D
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Yoda » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:33 pm

Why don't you rent it first then?
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby WaCougMBS » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:36 pm

Yoda wrote:Why don't you rent it first then?

I've never been a big game renter, but I suppose I will have to if nobody I know ponies up the cash and lets me freeload ;-)

It sounds like its pretty darned cool anyway, so its pretty much a done deal for me :-D
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby abrage22 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:50 pm

I really want this game also, more than madden even right now. i'll prabably just rent it first though, some of the wii sport type games gameplay sometimes is wierd to me.
abrage22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Phatferd » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:52 pm

I just bought it for PS3, but haven't had the time to play it yet. I played the demo and liked it.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby KCollins1304 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:13 pm

I got the game for Wii, I only played it for like 30 min though. I kept having trouble with my wiimote cutting off. Does anyone ever have that problem? I've got the Nyko rechargeable batteries in it and like mid backswing it will just cut off. It's not just this game though, it's a lot of them. I dunno if moving the wiimote quickly makes the batteries disengage or what.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Yoda » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:21 pm

KCollins1304 wrote:I got the game for Wii, I only played it for like 30 min though. I kept having trouble with my wiimote cutting off. Does anyone ever have that problem? I've got the Nyko rechargeable batteries in it and like mid backswing it will just cut off. It's not just this game though, it's a lot of them. I dunno if moving the wiimote quickly makes the batteries disengage or what.

Check the sensor bar. Sometimes if you are too far away or out of range then it spazzes out. Generally you have to be within like 6 feet or less and directly in front of it. They sell bigger bars with longer/wider range also.

Could be the batteries also.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby KCollins1304 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:00 pm

Yoda wrote:
KCollins1304 wrote:I got the game for Wii, I only played it for like 30 min though. I kept having trouble with my wiimote cutting off. Does anyone ever have that problem? I've got the Nyko rechargeable batteries in it and like mid backswing it will just cut off. It's not just this game though, it's a lot of them. I dunno if moving the wiimote quickly makes the batteries disengage or what.

Check the sensor bar. Sometimes if you are too far away or out of range then it spazzes out. Generally you have to be within like 6 feet or less and directly in front of it. They sell bigger bars with longer/wider range also.

Could be the batteries also.

Yea I was less than 6 ft from the Wii, I think it must be the batteries disconnecting.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Yoda » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:59 pm

Bah I went to Blockbuster to rent this tonight and they didn't have it. :-t

Also wanted to check out Mario Kart and they didn't have it. :-t

Also wanted to check out Metal Gear 4 and they didn't have it. :-t

:~(
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Video Games