Mafia II - Night 2 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Mafia II - Night 2

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Mafia II - Day 2

Postby rlode67628 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:42 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
rlode67628 wrote:Option 1b: mookie is the mafia who is trying to kill an innocent townie. If the doctor does not protect the right person, then we are looking at a 7 people tomorrow, and 6 the next day (assuming mookie is the mafia, and the other mafia kills somebody.). That still gives the mafia a chance to win seeing as jfg managed to do it last game.

I just don't get why he would do that so early in the game. Maybe if it was down to like 5 people, he could eek out another day and maybe a win, but with 10 people left he's going to be killed tomorrow when I'm revealed as a townie, leaving 1 mafia and 6 townies. Like you said, they still have a chance then but not nearly as good as it could be.

So here's my offer. Kill Mookie today. If he's not mafia then I'm gone tomorrow anyways, but there's really no way he can't be mafia at this point.

Unvote: teddy ballgame
Vote: Mookie

Voting Mookie out today could do a few things. One is that my option c is wrong, and that mookie is indeed the town investigator. This would mean that even though we would vote you out the next day (chances are that you would be the mafia). We would lose our town investigator for 1 day. The other option is that you are both the mafia, so:

voting Mookie out would look good for you
voting you out would look good for Mookie

This would leave us with an undecisive group, which increases the possibility of voting out a townie.

I believe that my option c has the best chance of being right, which is why I say we vote teddy out today, mookie tomorrow. This could likely result in:

voting out the remaining mafia
voting out a mafia, but killing the investigator

either way we nab a mafia, which is why I vote for teddy.

Vote: teddy
rlode67628
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:46 pm

rlode67628 wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:
rlode67628 wrote:Option 1b: mookie is the mafia who is trying to kill an innocent townie. If the doctor does not protect the right person, then we are looking at a 7 people tomorrow, and 6 the next day (assuming mookie is the mafia, and the other mafia kills somebody.). That still gives the mafia a chance to win seeing as jfg managed to do it last game.

I just don't get why he would do that so early in the game. Maybe if it was down to like 5 people, he could eek out another day and maybe a win, but with 10 people left he's going to be killed tomorrow when I'm revealed as a townie, leaving 1 mafia and 6 townies. Like you said, they still have a chance then but not nearly as good as it could be.

So here's my offer. Kill Mookie today. If he's not mafia then I'm gone tomorrow anyways, but there's really no way he can't be mafia at this point.

Unvote: teddy ballgame
Vote: Mookie

Voting Mookie out today could do a few things. One is that my option c is wrong, and that mookie is indeed the town investigator. This would mean that even though we would vote you out the next day (chances are that you would be the mafia). We would lose our town investigator for 1 day. The other option is that you are both the mafia, so:

voting Mookie out would look good for you
voting you out would look good for Mookie

This would leave us with an undecisive group, which increases the possibility of voting out a townie.

I believe that my option c has the best chance of being right, which is why I say we vote teddy out today, mookie tomorrow. This could likely result in:

voting out the remaining mafia
voting out a mafia, but killing the investigator

either way we nab a mafia, which is why I vote for teddy.

Vote: teddy

Truly, you have a dizzying intellect.
(Princess Bride quote)
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rlode67628 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:47 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:What possible benefit could there be to me saying that I'm the investigator if I was not?

I stated this in my option C. You would look extremely good, and you would avoid nearly all suspicion of the last mafia. If I hadn't identified your plan, chances are you would be in the clear and the mafia would win the game. This is why I strongly believe that you and teddy are the remaining mafia.
rlode67628
College Coach
College Coach

Postby rlode67628 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:48 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:Truly, you have a dizzying intellect. (Princess Bride quote)

I tried to simplify it as much as possible, as I knew no one would understand it if it was just a wall of text. :-S
rlode67628
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:50 pm

rlode67628 wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:What possible benefit could there be to me saying that I'm the investigator if I was not?

I stated this in my option C. You would look extremely good, and you would avoid nearly all suspicion of the last mafia. If I hadn't identified your plan, chances are you would be in the clear and the mafia would win the game. This is why I strongly believe that you and teddy are the remaining mafia.

Fine then I suggest we vote Teddy tonight, me the next night (if I am mafia then it is game over) and if I am the investigator that I profess to be then the game continues and everybody votes for you the night after (as you are looking very suspicious to me right now).
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:51 pm

rlode67628 wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:Truly, you have a dizzying intellect. (Princess Bride quote)

I tried to simplify it as much as possible, as I knew no one would understand it if it was just a wall of text. :-S

Heaven forbid we have a hard time following you logic :-b
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Postby rlode67628 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:54 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:Heaven forbid we have a hard time following you logic :-b

It's a bit out there but I think it's true. I had to say it a few times to myself so I could understand it. :-B :-b
rlode67628
College Coach
College Coach

Postby dclark0699 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:56 pm

Best case: Mookie is telling the truth. Our doctor saves Mookie and we have an 8-1 advantage going into the next day.

Worst Case: Mookie is lying. Takes us down to 7-2. One killed over night, 6-2. Kill Mookie. 6-1. Still a big advantage.

Unless Mookie is not trying to win and he is a normal townie saying this, but that wouldn't make any sense at all.

I trust.

Vote: Teddy
dclark0699
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:57 pm

rlode67628 wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:Heaven forbid we have a hard time following you logic :-b

It's a bit out there but I think it's true. I had to say it a few times to myself so I could understand it. :-B :-b

Sounds ok. So townies vote for Teddy tonight, me tomorrow and you the next day.

I think that this way the townies win 3 nights from now. I knew that I was throwing myself on a grenade when I revealed myself anyways.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Postby pokerplaya » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:59 pm

Ok, Rlode, then if Mookie is not the investigator we need the real investigator to come forth now ----

CALL TO THE INVESTIGATOR, IDENTIFY YOURSELF!
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk