Mafia II - Night 2 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Mafia II - Night 2

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Mafia II - Night 2

Postby J35J » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:45 pm

The town is feeling good this wonderful morning.....Not only did the town manage to sniff out one of the mafioso they also saved one of their own as the town doctor happened to stumble upon an unconscious neighbor and save his life. Morning of Day 2 sees all townspeople alive and well...

...continue...

5 votes needed for a Day 2 lynching...
Last edited by J35J on Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 363)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Mafia II - Day 2

Postby teddy ballgame » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:49 pm

Wow, we couldn't have started this game any better. 8 townies left, 2 mafioso, with both the investigator and doctor. If we don't win this time I quit forever. :-b

(Not really. }:-) )

Anyways, I'm going to have to read over Day 1 again before throwing any ideas out there.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SJNez46 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:49 pm

just wanted to apologize for the lack of activity. I said I would check in this morning but i started school today and didnt get the time. I will be on tonight though and will try tokeep checking in as often as possible.
^ Thanks a ton to Big Pimpin for the sig.^
My Sigs http://www.freewebs.com/sjnez46/sjnez46ssiggallery.htm
SJNez46
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics ExpertWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:59 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:Wow, we couldn't have started this game any better. 8 townies left, 2 mafioso, with both the investigator and doctor. If we don't win this time I quit forever. :-b

(Not really. }:-) )

Anyways, I'm going to have to read over Day 1 again before throwing any ideas out there.

We killed a baddie day 1 and the doctor picked the right guy to save. Can it get any better? Yes it can. Lemme tell you that I am the town investigator and the second baddie is Teddy. I know that I'm signing my death warrant by revealing this and the third baddie will get me tonight but I'm sacrificing myself for the good of the town. :-]

Vote: Teddy.

Cheers townies

Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)

Postby pokerplaya » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:06 pm

I'm on board.

Vote: Teddy
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby teddy ballgame » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:09 pm

I'm not sure why you would set yourself up to be killed tomorrow Mookie, but when I'm lynched and J tells you guys I'm a townsperson, you're going to have a hell of a hole to talk yourself out of. :-?

So, here goes nothing.

Vote: teddy ballgame
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby rlode67628 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:19 pm

I'm a bit split about whether I should vote for teddy.

Option 1a:mookie is the town investigator who is telling the truth. If teddy is a mafia, the doctor could protect mookie.

Option 1b: mookie is the mafia who is trying to kill an innocent townie. If the doctor does not protect the right person, then we are looking at a 7 people tomorrow, and 6 the next day (assuming mookie is the mafia, and the other mafia kills somebody.). That still gives the mafia a chance to win seeing as jfg managed to do it last game.

Option 2a: teddy is a townie who is trying to prove his innocence by voting for himself.

Option 2b: teddy is the mafia who is pulling a bluff about being a townie.

Option c: teddy and mookie are both in the mafia, and they agreed to pull off this stunt so that the doctor's protection would go to mookie, leaving him free to kill anyone and sending us back to square one.

Thoughts on this situation? :-o
rlode67628
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby J35J » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:25 pm

Vote Talley
Teddy - 3 (Mookie, Poker, Teddy)

5 votes needed for a Day 2 lynching
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 363)

Postby teddy ballgame » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:28 pm

rlode67628 wrote:Option 1b: mookie is the mafia who is trying to kill an innocent townie. If the doctor does not protect the right person, then we are looking at a 7 people tomorrow, and 6 the next day (assuming mookie is the mafia, and the other mafia kills somebody.). That still gives the mafia a chance to win seeing as jfg managed to do it last game.

I just don't get why he would do that so early in the game. Maybe if it was down to like 5 people, he could eek out another day and maybe a win, but with 10 people left he's going to be killed tomorrow when I'm revealed as a townie, leaving 1 mafia and 6 townies. Like you said, they still have a chance then but not nearly as good as it could be.

So here's my offer. Kill Mookie today. If he's not mafia then I'm gone tomorrow anyways, but there's really no way he can't be mafia at this point.

Unvote: teddy ballgame
Vote: Mookie
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:38 pm

Listen, I'm telling you that I'm the investigator. And I'm telling you that Teddy is mafia. If you lynch him and he is not mafia then kill me tomorrow.

What possible benefit could there be to me saying that I'm the investigator if I was not?

If teddy is not the mafia then I am dead - I'm dead sooner or later anyways b/c the mafia will come after me even if the doctor protects me tonight.

The role of the investigator is a strange one - once J told me that I was right and that Teddy is mafia what am I to do with the info? Keep my identity secret and try to convince the town that teddy is the mafia? That's exactly what the mafia tries to do, convince people to vote for someone. An investigator who finds a mafia and does not reveal himself immediately is going to look exactly like a bad guy. So here I am revealing myself and trusting you guys to believe me.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)

Next

Return to General Talk