Return to Baseball Leftovers

Sabathia: A No-No, or No?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

No-Hitter

Hit - No No-Hitter
27%
Error - Should be changed to No-Hitter
47%
Error but should not be changed to No-Hitter.
27%

Total votes : 30

Re: Sabathia: A No-No, or No?

Postby The Cow » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:10 am

It was an error all the way. This Sabathia guy is pretty darn good, but yet most of this Cafe thinks he is not a top 10 SP??? CC is a top 3 SP, could make a case for the best SP in baseball. Now that is subjective. That error was pretty obvious, but yeah that is subjective, whatever.

The Cow
Give Snakes his due!!!! Snakes deserves the fantasy expert icon!!! Go Snakes!!!!
The Cow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pokerplaya » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:24 am

The Cow wrote:It was an error all the way. This Sabathia guy is pretty darn good, but yet most of this Cafe thinks he is not a top 10 SP??? CC is a top 3 SP, could make a case for the best SP in baseball. Now that is subjective. That error was pretty obvious, but yeah that is subjective, whatever.

The Cow

Most of the Cafe thinks he is not a top 10 SP? Can you supply links or refer me to threads? I've never read that, but if there are threads out there I'd certainly like to see why...
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby The Cow » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:57 am

pokerplaya wrote:
The Cow wrote:It was an error all the way. This Sabathia guy is pretty darn good, but yet most of this Cafe thinks he is not a top 10 SP??? CC is a top 3 SP, could make a case for the best SP in baseball. Now that is subjective. That error was pretty obvious, but yeah that is subjective, whatever.

The Cow

Most of the Cafe thinks he is not a top 10 SP? Can you supply links or refer me to threads? I've never read that, but if there are threads out there I'd certainly like to see why...

There is a thread entitled "Is there any doubt who is the top SP in MLB". I would bump it, but I don't see the point. A lot of people ranking Harden ahead of CC, etc....
Give Snakes his due!!!! Snakes deserves the fantasy expert icon!!! Go Snakes!!!!
The Cow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby pokerplaya » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:09 am

Can someone send me the link to it? I am coming up empty in my searches.

Thanks
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dclark0699 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:13 am

dclark0699
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby pokerplaya » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:44 am

Thanks DClark. Looks like an interesting read that I must have missed. But I see that it's also before the string of 9 starts as Brewer so I guess it makes more sense to me now why he would be ranked lower.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

Postby KoopaTroopa211 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:03 pm

It seems clear from the replay that if Sabathia actually fields the ball then he's got an excellent shot at getting the runner out. Definitely a bum call on the scorer's part.
KoopaTroopa211
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Amazinz » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:56 pm

It is subjective. This exact play is often rule a H. It's not like the Official Scorer knew he was breaking up a no-hitter. Had I been watching the game, I would have been fine with the call at the time it was made.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:37 pm

Probably an error, but I'm not that sure of it that it's worth changing it retroactively. That would be a dumb way to get a no no.

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby GiantsFan14 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:41 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Probably an error, but I'm not that sure of it that it's worth changing it retroactively. That would be a dumb way to get a no no.

agreed 100%
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers