Can Pedroia please get some respect? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Can Pedroia please get some respect?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Can Pedroia please get some respect?

Postby Yoda » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:58 pm

JTWood wrote:
Yoda wrote:coming from someone who just joined last month, your attack really means very little to me.

What's it matter how long he's been here? I think it's very rude that you felt the need to point that out.

And I've been at this site a long time. So does my "attack" mean anything to you?


It does matter since he is attacking my credibility. He has posted in the past, again, that I had no idea what I was talking about because I don't watch the Red Sox every day and more importantly because I am not brainwashed by its front office/media.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Re: Can Pedroia please get some respect?

Postby bigken117 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:58 pm

I enjoy this thread for the positive talk about Pedroia...that SI article gave me a great idea...at softball the other night I was welcoming people to the laser show. Popped out to SF my 1st 2 AB. Smashed a laser base hit my 3rd AB. Smoked a laser HR over the CF head my last AB. We still lost by like 6, but still...

But I don't enjoy reading this thread because there are reports of people fighting. Tame for now, no edits, but let's not get out of hand please. Thanks.
Image

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 12879
(Past Year: 250)
Joined: 15 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: posed in an awkward stance

Re: Can Pedroia please get some respect?

Postby bigwords » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:01 pm

I'd ignore him.
Last edited by bigwords on Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigwords
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1026
Joined: 7 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Can Pedroia please get some respect?

Postby bigken117 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:03 pm

Yoda wrote:It does matter since he is attacking my credibility. He has posted in the past, again, that I had no idea what I was talking about because I don't watch the Red Sox every day and more importantly because I am not brainwashed by its front office/media.


See...now you're implying every Red Sox fan who watches all their games is "brainwashed" by the front office and/or media.

Let's keep the topic on Pedroia and whatever the opinion is on the lack of respect, real or not, he gets. Let's not turn it into another attack on Red Sox fans.
Image

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 12879
(Past Year: 250)
Joined: 15 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: posed in an awkward stance

Re: Can Pedroia please get some respect?

Postby bigken117 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:08 pm

Also it doesn't matter when a member has joined. We were all new here at one time. Everyone is welcome at the cafe.

Unless they're a spammer or they've already been banned and they're sneaking on with a new IP :-X Then it's the big red button for you.
Image

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 12879
(Past Year: 250)
Joined: 15 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: posed in an awkward stance

Re: Can Pedroia please get some respect?

Postby Yoda » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:08 pm

bigken117 wrote:
Yoda wrote:It does matter since he is attacking my credibility. He has posted in the past, again, that I had no idea what I was talking about because I don't watch the Red Sox every day and more importantly because I am not brainwashed by its front office/media.


See...now you're implying every Red Sox fan who watches all their games is "brainwashed" by the front office and/or media.

Let's keep the topic on Pedroia and whatever the opinion is on the lack of respect, real or not, he gets. Let's not turn it into another attack on Red Sox fans.


Fair enough but when people attack your credibility because you are not a 'fan' of the team is pretty ridiculous.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Re: Can Pedroia please get some respect?

Postby The Handsome One » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:08 pm

Yoda wrote:
The Handsome One wrote:
Yoda wrote:There have been plenty of reports about Pedroia having an attitude problem.


Care to point us to at least one?

I have a friend that is a lifelong Yankees fan and married into a family of Red Sox fans. His young son was stricken with a form of stomach cancer, from which he is now in recovery. A few months ago my friend, his wife and their son attended a Jimmy Fund event attended my several Red Sox players (the Jimmy Fund is a Boston charity that raises money for research to fight childrens' cancer). He said that all players were nice, but Pedroia went out of his way to ask questions about his son's treatment, recovery and specific types of cancer. Pedroia stayed around talking to them and other families for some time after the other players had left, posed for pictures with the kids, and signed my friend's son's Red Sox hat, which the kid now refuses to take off.

As my buddy said, "I know I will turn him into a Yankees fan eventually, but I will always make sure he is a Dustin Pedroia fan."

So, you have no idea what you are talking about. As well as a definite complex about the Red Sox.


I don't really have a complex and coming from someone who just joined last month, your attack really means very little to me.

I respect Pedroia plenty. I always thought that he was underrated and have him on several teams including a $ league.

But unlike a lot of Red Sox faithfuls who have a problem of flip flopping on opinions about players I am pretty consistent. I'm willing to bet that once Pedroia's skills start deteriorating, he'll be run out of town for being a loudmouth or whatever excuse the Sox front office decide to come up with at that time.


I am not questioning your credibility because you are a fan of a team other than the Red Sox. I am questioning your credibility because I think that you are completely wrong when you claim that there are "reports" of Pedroia having an attitude problem.

If you produce these "reports" about his attitude problem, I will be more than happy to admit that I am wrong.
The Handsome One
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

User avatar

Posts: 57
Joined: 19 Jul 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Can Pedroia please get some respect?

Postby Yoda » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:39 pm

I'm not going to waste my time posting stuff that was already in this thread. Go read through the thread.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Re: Can Pedroia please get some respect?

Postby bigh0rt » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:42 pm

Yoda wrote:I'm not going to waste my time posting stuff that was already in this thread. Go read through the thread.

I'm usually all for it, but this sounds like back pedaling.
Image
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24816
(Past Year: 357)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

Re: Can Pedroia please get some respect?

Postby RedSoxNation04 » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:09 am

Unsubscribes from topic....
Image
RedSoxNation04
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Ranker
Posts: 3403
Joined: 8 Oct 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Newyorkachusetts

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: neuronss, The Artful Dodger and 10 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Sep. 2
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Cincinnati at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Detroit at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Boston at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
Philadelphia at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
NY Mets at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Toronto at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Milwaukee at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Chi White Sox at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Texas at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
LA Angels at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
San Francisco at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
Seattle at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
Washington at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
Arizona at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact