Mafia II - Night 1 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Mafia II - Night 1

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Mafia II - Day 1

Postby rlode67628 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:16 pm

dclark0699 wrote:Well having my vote where it is right now is doing no good - as I just randomly picked SJNez and he has only posted in the thread once (maybe twice).

So...
Unvote: SJNez

Now, I feel like since he mafia has 3 of the 11 (over 25%) as opposed to 2 of the 9 (22%) that they would be wiling to kill off one of their own at the beginning if it became necessary and would help the other two conceal their identities. Leaving 2 of 10 (20%) and then will be down to 2 of 9 over the night.

Most of my suspicion falls on rlode at the moment, even though I haven't cleared all the people who have voted for him at the moment.
The two posts I quoted before were suspicious, and then the most recent one did nothing for me to change my mind.

Vote: rlode

My first vote was to try and get a better feel for who the mafia was, seeing as we weren't getting anywhere and I didn't want to spend another 3 days on day 1. Yoda drew the most suspicion on himself after a quick bandwagon jump. I haven't cleared teddy completely yet, but I think the odds are greater on Yoda, unless something happens to change my mind. As of now my vote stays Yoda.
rlode67628
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Inukchuk » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:33 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:That's the point, it doesn't make sense to post that. But I find it hard to believe a mafioso would come out with a post like that at the beginning of day 1, even as part of a double bluff.

I agree. My problem then is, what was the actual reasoning behind that post? You think it may have just been a "whoopsie daisy" that looked worse than intended? Any input there, bleachie? Haven't heard anything from you since...

I'm starting to feel like I'm barking up the wrong tree here, as everyone else seems hell bent on rlode this round.
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby Yoda » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:47 pm

dclark0699 wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:Note to self. Yoda jumps aboard Rlode bandwagon 3 mins after my vote. :-? :-?

I had made note of this as well.

Bah... it was just a coincidence that I voted so quickly after Snakes. But anyway...
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby bleach168 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:38 pm

rlode67628 wrote:
dclark0699 wrote:Well having my vote where it is right now is doing no good - as I just randomly picked SJNez and he has only posted in the thread once (maybe twice).

So...
Unvote: SJNez

Now, I feel like since he mafia has 3 of the 11 (over 25%) as opposed to 2 of the 9 (22%) that they would be wiling to kill off one of their own at the beginning if it became necessary and would help the other two conceal their identities. Leaving 2 of 10 (20%) and then will be down to 2 of 9 over the night.

Most of my suspicion falls on rlode at the moment, even though I haven't cleared all the people who have voted for him at the moment.
The two posts I quoted before were suspicious, and then the most recent one did nothing for me to change my mind.

Vote: rlode

My first vote was to try and get a better feel for who the mafia was, seeing as we weren't getting anywhere and I didn't want to spend another 3 days on day 1. Yoda drew the most suspicion on himself after a quick bandwagon jump. I haven't cleared teddy completely yet, but I think the odds are greater on Yoda, unless something happens to change my mind. As of now my vote stays Yoda.

lol My talking, for good or bad, has put the spotlight on me. That's fine. I'm willing to put my neck on the line to try to help the town win at the same time skip probably the lamest part of the game. If I was mafia, the smartest thing to do is just to keep quiet and not draw attention. How many times has that happened in previous games? All the time.

If 3 votes is too low, we can try 4 or 5. I just picked a number to speed the game along. If it's an overall bad idea just say so (seems like you guys already think thta way). And yeah, if the 3 mafia all use this rule to kill off a towny, that would make it so easy for us to take them out.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 17)

Postby bleach168 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:40 pm

Inukchuk wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:That's the point, it doesn't make sense to post that. But I find it hard to believe a mafioso would come out with a post like that at the beginning of day 1, even as part of a double bluff.

I agree. My problem then is, what was the actual reasoning behind that post? You think it may have just been a "whoopsie daisy" that looked worse than intended? Any input there, bleachie? Haven't heard anything from you since...

I'm starting to feel like I'm barking up the wrong tree here, as everyone else seems hell bent on rlode this round.

Sorry bro, I just woke up 30 min ago. Yes, 1pm my time. :-D
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby bleach168 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:05 pm

Ugh, take two:

I quickly scanned the thread to see who has been awfully quiet.

SJNez has 1 post.
NZF has 2 posts.

Neither has a vote or any suspicion whatsoever cast upon them.

I'm not calling them mafia, but I am going to keep an eye on them.
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby teddy ballgame » Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:08 pm

Here's an updated vote tally:
Rlode - 4 (poker, snakes, yoda, dclark)
bleach - 1 (Inukchuk)
Inukchuk - 1 (Mookie)
Yoda - 1 (rlode)
Mookie - 1 (NZF)

6 votes needed for Day 1 lynching
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:08 pm

i dont really think its that lame. in a typical 9 person game, it can be interesting and not too long. the most fun part about this game is to pick apart all the nonsense to get a feel for everything. if we just rushed into voting for someone or happened to nap a mafia by a complete guess, would it even be satisfying when all is said and done. we all play this game to kill a little time and i hope to have a little fun with it. no fun just rushing through to get it moving for no reason, ya know? :-D

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby teddy ballgame » Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:16 pm

bleach168 wrote:Ugh, take two:

I quickly scanned the thread to see who has been awfully quiet.

SJNez has 1 post.
NZF has 2 posts.

Neither has a vote or any suspicion whatsoever cast upon them.

I'm not calling them mafia, but I am going to keep an eye on them.

SJ said he would check in this morning, but has yet to post again. NZF has made the same post voting for Mookie twice. I would think SJ will at least play the game when he does check in, while NZF is not contributing at all. Maybe this will at least get him talking.

Vote: NZ EFF
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bleach168 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:48 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:i dont really think its that lame. in a typical 9 person game, it can be interesting and not too long. the most fun part about this game is to pick apart all the nonsense to get a feel for everything. if we just rushed into voting for someone or happened to nap a mafia by a complete guess, would it even be satisfying when all is said and done. we all play this game to kill a little time and i hope to have a little fun with it. no fun just rushing through to get it moving for no reason, ya know? :-D

Maybe you're right. I just immediately saw 6 votes required and thought to myself, "that isn't going to happen." I know on the light side, when they play mafia, they can't get a majority vote and need "an act of god" to speed the game along.

But if I were to jump on the rlode bandwagon, that would make 5 votes which is a pretty dangerous position to be in. That would certainly progress the game along nicely so I'm considering it.
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk