Mafia game - Day 4 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Mafia game - Day 4

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Mafia game - Day 4

Postby Yoda » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:35 am

Looking back on Day 4, it looks like Teddy really changed his vote but JFG was too quick for him. I had much faith in Teddy but...
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby teddy ballgame » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:57 pm

Yoda wrote:Looking back on Day 4, it looks like Teddy really changed his vote but JFG was too quick for him. I had much faith in Teddy but...

That was the plan. I was going to try and unvote before he got his post in, which would expose him, but unfortunately he was a few seconds faster than me. It was incredibly risky and I probably shouldn't have tried it, but it almost worked. :-[
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jfg » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:02 pm

That's kind of a cheap way to play if that's what you were trying to do. I doubt it would work very often as well.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 86)

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:03 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
Yoda wrote:Looking back on Day 4, it looks like Teddy really changed his vote but JFG was too quick for him. I had much faith in Teddy but...

That was the plan. I was going to try and unvote before he got his post in, which would expose him, but unfortunately he was a few seconds faster than me. It was incredibly risky and I probably shouldn't have tried it, but it almost worked. :-[

You were trying to get him to vote so that when he pushed submit your unvote would be there before his and you would use his vote as evidence that he was mafia? Is that how it was supposed to work?

Not sure if that is cheating or just part of the game (J should clear that up). If it was part of the game looks like you peaked out from behind cover to see if you could spot the shooter and got hit between the eyes. That sucks.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby teddy ballgame » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:10 pm

:-b How is that cheating? What rule would it break? Oh, none. And jfg, what did you think I was doing last night when I unvoted if you only realized it now?

If it was part of the game looks like you peaked out from behind cover to see if you could spot the shooter and got hit between the eyes.

I'd say a better comparison is I threw a grenade in the room I was in and didn't get out quick enough.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby J35J » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:17 pm

That does seem a little cheap but I doubt it ever gets tried again and if it does I doubt it ever works....It doesn't matter to me if someone wants to take such a large risk like that....its your life your playing with!! :-)
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 398)

Postby Yoda » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:09 pm

It is a solid move IMO something that I would do even though it is cheap. Exploiting the rules of the game is part of the fun. Very clever except it didn't work!! :-D
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby jfg » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:40 pm

It's not so cheap now that I think about it, because it would never work... I would be informed that a new reply had been posted before it submitted.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 86)

Postby Yoda » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:57 pm

jfg wrote:It's not so cheap now that I think about it, because it would never work... I would be informed that a new reply had been posted before it submitted.

That is true unless you weren't paying attention like fool. He took you for a fool but got burned... :-B
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:59 pm

:-° its just a shame that both me and yoda knew it was you after we were both slaughtered :-° ;-D

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to General Talk