Sports Music (Help)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Sports Music (Help)

Postby RocketsDWM » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:12 pm

Madison wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote:Introductions
-Preferably with no singing

I like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OtcOMK1BMs (don't have to watch, it's just awesome intro music and perfect to announce names over/during)

There's a WCW music CD out there where the track can be found. ;-D

8-o Awesome. I wonder if it is copyrighted? :-?
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 55)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RocketsDWM » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:28 pm

Someone in the Youtube commentary said the song was called "Invasion". Cant find the artist though.

Great intro music. ;-D
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:46 pm

phillyphan12 wrote:Enter Sandman Metallica...classic sports song as the intro fits perfectly when it comes to pumping up a crowd, I mean, it worked for mariano rivera right?

Unless it's ECW's Sandman making the entrance, Enter Sandman played for anyone or anything else is nothing short of a travesty. Sorry.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:51 pm

RocketsDWM wrote:Someone in the Youtube commentary said the song was called "Invasion". Cant find the artist though.

Great intro music. ;-D

I think it's off of the WCW Mayhem CD, I believe. If I recall correctly, it's the same CD that had Megadeth's Crush 'Em and Slayer's Here Comes The Pain. I'm pretty sure it's copyrighted. I don't have any of WCW CD's, so I wouldn't know. :-B

The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:49 am

RocketsDWM wrote:
Madison wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote:Introductions
-Preferably with no singing

I like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OtcOMK1BMs (don't have to watch, it's just awesome intro music and perfect to announce names over/during)

There's a WCW music CD out there where the track can be found. ;-D

8-o Awesome. I wonder if it is copyrighted? :-?

Very awesome. Perfect intro music for sports teams in my opinion. B-)

I dug up the CD (yes, I'm a loser that owns all of the wrestling CD's).

CD: WCW Mayhem the Music
Title: Invasion
Track 5

From inside the booklet:

Goldberg Theme "Invasion" Performed by Christian Poulet & Jean-Yves Rigo Written by Christian Poulet & Jean-Yves Rigo Published by Kosinus/Kapagama/Hereinafter Music (ASCAP) Courtesy of Opus 1

Sorry about no punctuation above, they didn't use any and I wanted to give exactly what was printed. If you guys own one of the CD's, I don't believe there's any copyright problem by using it during games, but I'm no lawyer. Should be fairly easy and cheap to find. There's a "buy it now" on Ebay for a total of $5.48 that includes the shipping. Only about 10 hours left on that one, but they aren't too hard to find. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:42 am

Rick Astely - Never Gonna Give You Up
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby rookies and cream » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:38 am

Chemical Brothers - Loops of Fury (no lyrics ;-D )
rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 45)

Postby phillyphan12 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:46 am

The Artful Dodger wrote:
phillyphan12 wrote:Enter Sandman Metallica...classic sports song as the intro fits perfectly when it comes to pumping up a crowd, I mean, it worked for mariano rivera right?

Unless it's ECW's Sandman making the entrance, Enter Sandman played for anyone or anything else is nothing short of a travesty. Sorry.

Im actually not gonna disagree wit ya here, Ive been a wrestling fan all my life and just the same as you when i hear that song instantly Sandman pops into my head...the real travesty was when the WWE version didnt allow him to come out with it.Maybe a legal problem or whatever but u knew the show would suck from the start when he didnt have that music. :-t
phillyphan12
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby The Artful Dodger » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:35 pm

phillyphan12 wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:

Im actually not gonna disagree wit ya here, Ive been a wrestling fan all my life and just the same as you when i hear that song instantly Sandman pops into my head...the real travesty was when the WWE version didnt allow him to come out with it.Maybe a legal problem or whatever but u knew the show would suck from the start when he didnt have that music. :-t

They had Enter Sandman on at the first One Night Stand though, which is probably the one event that truly mattered anyway. I also thought it was a bummer that the following One Night Stand in '06 that RVD didn't come out to Pantera's Walk (not even the Kilgore version).

The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

Postby RocketsDWM » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:44 pm

Thanks for the info Madison and to everyone else for helping out. Unfortunately, Itunes does not have the invasion song (how dare they not have WCW music :-) ). I think I'll just pull something from their warmup music for the intro.

Here is what I am thinking for the music:

Before Intro's - In the air tonight by Phil Collins
Intro - TBD
Before opening - Hells Bells, Welcome to the Jungle
Goals - Hey Song, Oh-Oh, Some Nelly song that goes with the theme NBA on NBC
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk