lincecum = cy - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

lincecum = cy

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: lincecum = cy

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:18 pm

Slow Pitch wrote:Are you really too lazy to simply go the Giants website & look it up yourself??

http://sanfrancisco.giants.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080918&content_id=3504567&vkey=news_sf&fext=.jsp&c_id=sf

lol. :-b

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GiantsFan14 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:37 pm

Slow Pitch wrote:Are you really too lazy to simply go the Giants website & look it up yourself??

http://sanfrancisco.giants.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080918&content_id=3504567&vkey=news_sf&fext=.jsp&c_id=sf

indeed i am.

well this isn't as bad as i had originally thought, i was under the impression that they would have to pitch him on 3 days rest to get this done, but with the off-day he'll be pitching on his normal 4-day rest and just wont get the extra day. not saying its the best idea, just that it could have been worse.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 430)

Postby KCollins1304 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:21 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:

indeed i am.

well this isn't as bad as i had originally thought, i was under the impression that they would have to pitch him on 3 days rest to get this done, but with the off-day he'll be pitching on his normal 4-day rest and just wont get the extra day. not saying its the best idea, just that it could have been worse.

Just keep remind yourself that it could be worse GF. :-b
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GiantsFan14 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:57 pm

KCollins1304 wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:

indeed i am.

i constantly have to remind myself that i could have been a mariners fan.... :-°
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 430)

Postby KCollins1304 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:18 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:
KCollins1304 wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:
indeed i am.

i constantly have to remind myself that i could have been a mariners fan.... :-°

That just sounds like a deaf man being glad he isn't blind at least. :-b
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mweir145 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:25 pm

Another interesting article on the AL Cy Young "race" that was discussed a few pages back:

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.ph ... -landscape

The Cy Young Award in the American League is more than likely going to go to Cliff Lee, and deservedly so. After all, he leads all starters in WPA/LI, has the highest K/BB in baseball, the lowest WHIP, the most innings, the most complete games, ranks third in strikeouts… oh wait, that’s Roy Halladay of the Blue Jays. Throughout this entire season we have watched in shock, disbelief, and awe as Cliff Lee put together one tremendous season. His season, however, is not that much better than Roy Halladay’s, and many fans could make very good cases that Halladay has had the better year.

If Halladay loses 2nd place votes to a reliever with a 1.34 WHIP... %-6
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:05 am

anyone know why last night's game was changed from 4ER to 6ER?
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Rollotommasi » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:42 am

Bent on helping Lincecum's cause, the Giants announced that they will appeal a fourth-inning scoring decision that tacked two earned runs onto Lincecum's line. With the Giants clinging to a 3-2 lead, Colorado scored two runs on Troy Tulowitzki's ground ball to the left of third baseman Rich Aurilia, who did not come up with the ball. Official scorer Michael Duca initially ruled the play an error, which made the runs unearned, but changed it to a hit after the game.

Aurilia preferred the initial call.

"One more error in my career isn't going to make a difference in my credentials," he said. "I gladly would take that to take Timmy off the hook."

Whether Lincecum's ERA is a few points higher or lower shouldn't make a difference, Bochy said.
Rollotommasi
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mweir145 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:14 am

Just watched the play, it really could have gone both ways. If he called it an error originally, though, I'm not sure what made the guy change his mind.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:03 am

Rollotommasi wrote:Bent on helping Lincecum's cause, the Giants announced that they will appeal a fourth-inning scoring decision that tacked two earned runs onto Lincecum's line. With the Giants clinging to a 3-2 lead, Colorado scored two runs on Troy Tulowitzki's ground ball to the left of third baseman Rich Aurilia, who did not come up with the ball. Official scorer Michael Duca initially ruled the play an error, which made the runs unearned, but changed it to a hit after the game.

Aurilia preferred the initial call.

"One more error in my career isn't going to make a difference in my credentials," he said. "I gladly would take that to take Timmy off the hook."

Whether Lincecum's ERA is a few points higher or lower shouldn't make a difference, Bochy said.

Do you have the link for this?
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers