lincecum = cy - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

lincecum = cy

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: lincecum = cy

Postby great gretzky » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:01 pm

if he wins 20 (a bit of a tall order, but possible) I don't see how he shouldn't. That would be carlton-esque right there. That team is terrible, and he is what? top 2 in all the other big stats? guy is a beast.
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:04 pm

great gretzky wrote:if he wins 20 (a bit of a tall order, but possible) I don't see how he shouldn't. That would be carlton-esque right there. That team is terrible, and he is what? top 2 in all the other big stats? guy is a beast.

Carlton was the pitcher that came to mind when I was looking at Lincecum's numbers and situation.

As rjforlife stated, Lincecum's had a fair share of fanfare in his first two seasons that he might just overcome the lack of W's.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby great gretzky » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:07 pm

the other thing is, granted, this is an ESPN creation, but his stats are better than CC's aggregate...
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby theplayer11 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:12 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:if webb finishes with 22 wins or more, he's going to get it.

which is just dumb as pitchers can't control how their teams hit....they can control their ERA, WHIP, and Ks though.
theplayer11
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Yoda » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:14 pm

More fun stats... Lincecum is leading the league in (among qualified starters):
QS
K9
HR9
SLGA
FIP (fielder independent pitching)
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:48 pm

I think if Webb finishes out the year close to winning out his starts from here on out, he'll probably get the votes for the Cy. That said, Lincecum should be just as deserving or more so of winning it than Webb. It's quite incredible to see his first full season stretch out to be more lights-out than one would boldly hope and it has shown record-wise (only 3 losses to 16 wins, which could've been 20 had there not been a few bullpen hiccups).
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 677)

Postby pokerplaya » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:17 pm

I dealt both Lince and Webb in my keeper for Santana pre-season. Going to go down as one of the worst deals ever made in fantasy baseball...

I expected Webb to be good but not great with 15+ wins, a 3.5era and 175k's.
I expected Lincecum to hit some sophomore year bumps with on a horrible SF team with about 10-12 wins, and era of 3.5 and 200ks.
I expected Santana to have video game #'s in the NL with 18+ wins, a 2.75era, and 250k's.

I cry myself to sleep every night with that deal. :,-(
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby great gretzky » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:29 pm

pokerplaya wrote:I dealt both Lince and Webb in my keeper for Santana pre-season. Going to go down as one of the worst deals ever made in fantasy baseball...

I expected Lincecum to hit some sophomore year bumps with on a horrible SF team with about 10-12 wins, and era of 3.5 and 200ks.
I expected Santana to have video game #'s in the NL with 18+ wins, a 2.75era, and 250k's.

well if it was a keeper with limited amounts of slots, its defensible. no one is a fortune teller either. otherwise, yea, tough luck man.
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby WyldStallyn » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:50 pm

pokerplaya wrote:I dealt both Lince and Webb in my keeper for Santana pre-season. Going to go down as one of the worst deals ever made in fantasy baseball...

thats rough. hope the other manager isnt rubbing it in too much
WyldStallyn
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby pokerplaya » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:09 pm

They were both eligble to be kept, but at the end of this year, another player of immense talent would be lost...at this point most likely Beltran or Billingsley. So by consolidating, I have room for both.

He's rubbing it in quite a bit - saying that he appreciates me dealing him the two CY Young contenders. But he isn't going overboard -- he's the defending champ, but I'm in 1st place over him in 2nd place in our H2H league by 10.5 games. So he is careful what he says because he knows I very well could steal his title this year.

Still a rough thing to take seeing as how I was drinking the Kool-Aid from the very beginning. Unfortunately, my immense Mets homerism made me do this deal against my better judgement. Ironically, I had Santana on my team in 2007 while he was still a Twin, but traded him for David Wright!! :-D

Looking back, it is conceivable that I could have had Santana, Peavy, Sabathia, Webb, and Lincecum as my top 5 starters this year.... :-b
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers