Shame on Rays fans - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Shame on Rays fans

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Shame on Rays fans

Postby Old_Style » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:42 am

JasonSeahorn wrote:Just wait till the playoffs, I bet a lot of people will go to the games then. The Atlanta Hawks of the NBA didn't have great attendance during the year but they sold out the home playoff games.

Unless tickets really are that expensive down there.

I don't know about that. In Arizona, during the Cubs/D'Backs series last post-season, they had a hard time selling tickets.
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:26 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:The Rays fans at the Cafe are cool. But it's obvious that there aren't many of them. One of them actually lives in North Carolina. Maybe they should move the Rays to Charlotte!

actually a really good idea. most people south of dc and east of the mississippi all root for the braves. another team down there would definitely be a good thing.

at least we know its not just the rays, no one cares about the marlins either.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Old_Style » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:32 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:The Rays fans at the Cafe are cool. But it's obvious that there aren't many of them. One of them actually lives in North Carolina. Maybe they should move the Rays to Charlotte!

actually a really good idea. most people south of dc and east of the mississippi all root for the braves. another team down there would definitely be a good thing.

Expansion is the last thing MLB should do.
The southeast seems to really like their college baseball anyways. Can't we just leave them with that?
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:45 pm

Old_Style wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:

Expansion is the last thing MLB should do.
The southeast seems to really like their college baseball anyways. Can't we just leave them with that?

im not talking expansion, im talking relocation. i know there are plans to build no stadiums down there, but if a town just shows no support for their team, why not move them elsewhere ?

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:02 pm

The fans of this city do not deserve this team. I am so freaking disgusted by what I see when I am at the game or at home because for some reason I couldn't make it. I am in Law School, work 25 hours a week at a law office, and I still go to almost every game at the trop. There is NO excuse for these "fans". I hear it takes to long to drive from Tampa, it takes no longer then an hour to get to the trop from the furthest point in Tampa. I bet there are tons of guys here that can vouch for the fact that it taks just as long, or more likely longer, to get to Fenway, or Yankee Stadium, etc etc. I used to go to every Cubs or Sox games during the summer when I was a kid and it took a while to get there from my family's house in a Chi suberb. I have heard almost every excuse out there. For those not in Tampa, this topic is brought up about eveyrday on local radio and in the newspaper. People in this city suck and ar efull of excuses. As sad as I would be to see my Rays leave, the players deserve better. These guys play hard and the right way every night and people won't even show up for them. I have endured 10 years of terriblness to see this day and it sucks that I can't enjoy myself at a game because I look around and see all the empty seats.

%-6 %-6 %-6 %-6
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Old_Style » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:05 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:im not talking expansion, im talking relocation. i know there are plans to build no stadiums down there, but if a town just shows no support for their team, why not move them elsewhere ?

The three teams that are down there already have trouble filling a stadium. No need to add a fourth.
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby mweir145 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:05 pm

Atleast in Toronto, we actually have bandwagoner jumpers who will go to the games once the team starts winning. That phenomenon doesn't seem to exist in Tampa...nobody cares.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:09 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:The fans of this city do not deserve this team. I am so freaking disgusted by what I see when I am at the game or at home because for some reason I couldn't make it. I am in Law School, work 25 hours a week at a law office, and I still go to almost every game at the trop. There is NO excuse for these "fans". I hear it takes to long to drive from Tampa, it takes no longer then an hour to get to the trop from the furthest point in Tampa. I bet there are tons of guys here that can vouch for the fact that it taks just as long, or more likely longer, to get to Fenway, or Yankee Stadium, etc etc. I used to go to every Cubs or Sox games during the summer when I was a kid and it took a while to get there from my family's house in a Chi suberb. I have heard almost every excuse out there. For those not in Tampa, this topic is brought up about eveyrday on local radio and in the newspaper. People in this city suck and ar efull of excuses. As sad as I would be to see my Rays leave, the players deserve better. These guys play hard and the right way every night and people won't even show up for them. I have endured 10 years of terriblness to see this day and it sucks that I can't enjoy myself at a game because I look around and see all the empty seats.

%-6 %-6 %-6 %-6

;-D ;-D ;-D

SIGS!

Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:10 pm

That's really laughable. How unfortunate that this team is playing so well, for the first time in a decade, and nobody will even show up to witness it live.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 322)

Postby Old_Style » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:19 pm

Maybe there just aren't a lot of Rays fans? ;-7
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers