Shame on Rays fans - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Shame on Rays fans

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Shame on Rays fans

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:35 am

I was watching the Jays @ Tropicana last night and they only had 12,000 fans out. I looked it up and they are 27 out of 30 in attendance with 1,389,000 this year. That's 50.4% capacity. More fans and a higher percentage capacity in Washington and Baltimore 8-o

This is the team with the best record in the East and the second best record in basebal. It's not like they have been doing this forever and this is boring to the fans - this is a team that has never had a winning season. Now it's an exciting, winning team and nobody is coming out. Disgusting.

The team should be moved to a city that would care about them. Move them to Montreal or Buffalo.
Image
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 19545
(Past Year: 280)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Hakuna, Montana

Re: Shame on Rays fans

Postby KCollins1304 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:48 am

There should be an influx of Rays bandwagoners on here before too long. :-D
Image
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5089
Joined: 29 Dec 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Shame on Rays fans

Postby Bloody Sox » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:55 am

Mookie4ever wrote:I was watching the Jays @ Tropicana last night and they only had 12,000 fans out. I looked it up and they are 27 out of 30 in attendance with 1,389,000 this year. That's 50.4% capacity. More fans and a higher percentage capacity in Washington and Baltimore 8-o

This is the team with the best record in the East and the second best record in basebal. It's not like they have been doing this forever and this is boring to the fans - this is a team that has never had a winning season. Now it's an exciting, winning team and nobody is coming out. Disgusting.

The team should be moved to a city that would care about them. Move them to Montreal or Buffalo.

WOW - that is unbelievable. When they only had 13K there last week against Anaheim, I assumed it was because of Tropical Storm Fay. How could they only have 12K fans there last night???? Maybe its the high ticket prices - I mean lower box seats for tonight's game are a whole $22 (less than half of what I paid for RF roof deck standing room tickets at Fenway for a game later on this month). ;-7
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2148
(Past Year: 18)
Joined: 27 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Fenway Park, RF Roof Deck

Re: Shame on Rays fans

Postby Yoda » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:08 am

They are all Yankees fans down there. I'd bet they sell out every time the Yanks come to town. :-D
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Re: Shame on Rays fans

Postby markj11 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:12 am

KCollins1304 wrote:There should be an influx of Rays bandwagoners on here before too long. :-D


Out of the 12,000, I wonder how many hang out here.
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2112
Joined: 3 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Wright here

Re: Shame on Rays fans

Postby KCollins1304 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:30 am

markj11 wrote:
KCollins1304 wrote:There should be an influx of Rays bandwagoners on here before too long. :-D


Out of the 12,000, I wonder how many hang out here.


There are at least 10 people sporting Rays avatars around here.
Image
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5089
Joined: 29 Dec 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Shame on Rays fans

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:45 am

KCollins1304 wrote:
markj11 wrote:
KCollins1304 wrote:There should be an influx of Rays bandwagoners on here before too long. :-D


Out of the 12,000, I wonder how many hang out here.


There are at least 10 people sporting Rays avatars around here.


The Rays fans at the Cafe are cool. But it's obvious that there aren't many of them. One of them actually lives in North Carolina. Maybe they should move the Rays to Charlotte!
Image
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 19545
(Past Year: 280)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Hakuna, Montana

Re: Shame on Rays fans

Postby zepfan » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:54 am

Mookie4ever wrote:I was watching the Jays @ Tropicana last night and they only had 12,000 fans out. I looked it up and they are 27 out of 30 in attendance with 1,389,000 this year. That's 50.4% capacity. More fans and a higher percentage capacity in Washington and Baltimore 8-o

This is the team with the best record in the East and the second best record in basebal. It's not like they have been doing this forever and this is boring to the fans - this is a team that has never had a winning season. Now it's an exciting, winning team and nobody is coming out. Disgusting.

The team should be moved to a city that would care about them. Move them to Montreal or Buffalo.


I watched the game yesterday and I couldn't believe it. If they can't even draw fans during a winning season they are doomed. Maybe the word hasn't gotten out yet that they finally have a good team. On the plus side it's good we can still hear the famous Tampa Bay heckler during broadcasts. Clear as day. :-b
Image

"My cat's breath smells like cat food." - R. Wiggum
zepfan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 1990
(Past Year: 5)
Joined: 29 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Shame on Rays fans

Postby JasonSeahorn » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:15 am

Just wait till the playoffs, I bet a lot of people will go to the games then. The Atlanta Hawks of the NBA didn't have great attendance during the year but they sold out the home playoff games.

Unless tickets really are that expensive down there.
JasonSeahorn Beginner
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 197
Joined: 20 Oct 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Shame on Rays fans

Postby WyldStallyn » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:36 am

JasonSeahorn wrote:Just wait till the playoffs, I bet a lot of people will go to the games then. The Atlanta Hawks of the NBA didn't have great attendance during the year but they sold out the home playoff games.

Unless tickets really are that expensive down there.


bleacher seats are really cheap.
http://tampabay.rays.mlb.com/tb/ballpar ... gchart.jsp

but they charge more for cubs, sox, and yanks. how cruel
WyldStallyn
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 1927
Joined: 26 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Sep. 23
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Kansas City at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Baltimore at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
NY Mets at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Seattle at Toronto
(7:07 pm)
Chi White Sox at Detroit
(7:08 pm)
Philadelphia at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Milwaukee at Cincinnati
(7:10 pm)
Tampa Bay at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
St. Louis at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Houston at Texas
(8:05 pm)
Arizona at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
LA Angels at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
San Francisco at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
Colorado at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact