what do you do... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

what do you do...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

what do you do...

Postby Yoda » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:57 am

when someone that you think is a complete idiot and you have no respect for challenges you to join his league? The problem is, I am in two money leagues and another pretty competitive league (winner writes an article in next year's magazine) so I have very little time for it. Do I join and kick the punk's butt anyway?
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: what do you do...

Postby Field » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:13 am

Personally, I can't do more than 3 competitive leagues. I'm in four leagues this year, three of which are competitive and I'm starting to get burnt out for the first time ever. If you think you can handle the extra work load then I say have at it, but the marginal utility for me decreases after 3 leagues. Performance probably also decreases depending on how much free time you have.
Field
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:13 am

"Sorry, I've reached my max for leagues that I'll allow myself to join."

Thing is, that's generally true, for me.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 375)

Postby Bwanna » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:48 am

Yoda wrote:when someone that you think is a complete idiot and you have no respect for challenges you to join his league? The problem is, I am in two money leagues and another pretty competitive league (winner writes an article in next year's magazine) so I have very little time for it. Do I join and kick the punk's butt anyway?

Depends on how much fun it would be for you to kick his butt, and how much your pride is worth if he comes back and says you can't handle it or something like that.

If it won't take much of your time to win the league, I'd probably do it.
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 272)

Postby Yoda » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:00 am

I think three is a lot. I didn't even want to do one of the money leagues because I can't focus my attention on it but I won last year so I had to come back for 08.

I've played in the same 3 leagues for the last 3 years and it is clear which team takes priority each year. Personally, I don't have anything to prove so maybe I should invite the punk to join one of my three leagues next year?
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby BALCO All-Stars » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:09 am

I like your idea of adding him to one of your leagues...if you have no respect for his play, then odds are his leagues aren't the strongest, so have him join your league and then take him out to the shed for an a$$-whoopin'. ;-D
BALCO All-Stars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Postby JasonSeahorn » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:18 am

BALCO All-Stars wrote:I like your idea of adding him to one of your leagues...if you have no respect for his play, then odds are his leagues aren't the strongest, so have him join your league and then take him out to the shed for an a$$-whoopin'. ;-D

I agree with that. If you are the only good player in his league, you should be the favorite to win but you might get unlucky with injuries and do bad, so they might think you're not all that. But if he's in your league and assuming your league knows what it's doing, his team will end up like bad guy #4 after a fight with Bruce Lee.
JasonSeahorn Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Yoda » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:21 am

The only problem is, the money leagues are already full since they are with my friends and people I know personally. The other league is another fantasy baseball site league which he is not a member of. Oh well.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Snakes Gould » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:25 pm

im in 4 every year, and while i can say i focus 80 % of my attention on my money/friends league, you can still handle the other leagues. sure you might not spend the time talking trade and looking at box scores just for those guys, but you can easily make pickups and set your roster enough to win the league.

just ask smoove, aussie, grounded polo, rockets, kaveman, fezzik, fade, etc ;-)

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 6)

Postby hot4tx » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:48 pm

I say just sleep with his wife and let the chips fall where they may. :-D
hot4tx
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 146)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers