Mafia game - Night 2 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Mafia game - Night 2

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Mafia game - Day 2

Postby dclark0699 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:17 pm

Here's the theory I've been working on.

I see no reason Yoda gave in Day 1 to show he knew more than anyone else - though he did vote for Aussie, which is one of the key reasons why my vote is where it stands at the moment.

However, in my opinion, when not knowing who the investigator is - as I think we can safely assume the mafia did not know Yoda was the investigator after just the first day - the mafia would likely eliminate someone who everyone thinks is a townie and has drawn no suspicion. It makes it more likely the townies would kill a townie. Thus would be the smartest move. Which is why most of my suspicion has actually begun to fall on jfg.

Despite, launching the final blow on a mafia member - by doing that it screams "I'm a townie" and the mafia member would likely eliminate him overnight because he wouldn't garner any votes in the next few days and the mafia should want everyone left to have some suspicion.

But if he was in fact the mafia man - there wasn't someone else who had townie written all over them yet and could have fired a shot at anyone - just happening to hit the investigator worked out wonderfully.

I see nothing Yoda did that caused him to get whacked. He said very little on Day 1.

So I'm between Aussie and jfg.

Must. Avenge. Yoda.
dclark0699
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jfg » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:11 pm

Wow, one down already. Too bad our investigator is gone. That's blind luck both ways.

I'm leaning Aussie or DClark but I'm not sure yet. I'm not ready to put TheShow totally in the clear but he's a lot less suspect now.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby Inukchuk » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:40 pm

Teddy is a strange case. I believe he started the first mafia game in the cafe, so I would imagine he knows quite a bit about its intricacies, which would explain why no one has even brought him up yet. Whether intentional or not, he's doing a very nice job of staying under the radar.

The other thing that intrigues me is the fact that he voted for rlode second, which at the time would have been innocuous because the Show was only one vote away from being lynched. If he were mafia, he may have reasoned that his vote for rlode wouldn't hurt because Show was about to go anyway, all the while protecting his status when rlode did get voted off.

I'm also a little suspicious that he "won't be around" because he's leaving for college. Didn't most colleges start classes a week ago?

I'm gonna rattle his cage. Teddy, if you're watching, I hope you're getting nervous...

Vote: TeddyBallgame
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby J35J » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:46 pm

Vote Talley
Aussie - 1 (dclark)
dclark - 1 (Aussie)
Teddy - 1 (Inukchuk)

4 votes needed for Day 2 lynching...
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 358)

Postby teddy ballgame » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:07 pm

Alright well it looks like I haven't missed too much yet.

First of all, Inukchuk, if you think I'm mafia fine, but give me a break with me moving into college being suspicious. Yeah, some schools have started but I move in tomorrow and start classes September 2nd. I'm not just making that up for the sake of this game. :-t

As for my suspects, I'm still looking at dclark. His vote on The_Show still doesn't sit well with me, especially now that we know rlode was mafia, because he voted right after rlode with no explanation. I think it might have been a rookie mistake and he's since realized that and has been trying to make up for it with lengthy posts. Also despite him saying his vote for Aussie wasn't just because Aussie voted for him, he did seem awfully nervous after Aussie voted for him. He was also very quick to come up with a reason as to why Aussie would have killed Yoda, leading me to believe he killed Yoda knowing he could play that angle.

The_Show is in the clear as far as I'm concerned since he started the voting on rlode. I'm not sure about anyone else, but I feel strongly enough about dclark to vote for him at this point.

Vote: dclark
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dclark0699 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:24 pm

Here's my final defense of myself :-)

From reading previous games of this, it appears as though you get to choose how to kill people overnight as the mafia. I want to be a professional creative writer in the comedy field and could have come up with something much better than hanging him from the same flagpole.

But alas, if people are suspicious of me, by all means - vote away.
dclark0699
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby dclark0699 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:25 pm

I wanted to edit and add a smiley to the end of that so I don't sound mad haha - it comes off like I'll be mad at you if you kill me in this game. Not true. Much love.
dclark0699
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby J35J » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:34 pm

dclark0699 wrote:Here's my final defense of myself :-)

From reading previous games of this, it appears as though you get to choose how to kill people overnight as the mafia. I want to be a professional creative writer in the comedy field and could have come up with something much better than hanging him from the same flagpole.

But alas, if people are suspicious of me, by all means - vote away.

What are you saying....that what I came up with was crappy?

Looks like the act of god might come out on someone

;-7 j/k
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 358)

Postby jfg » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:37 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
The_Show is in the clear as far as I'm concerned since he started the voting on rlode. I'm not sure about anyone else, but I feel strongly enough about dclark to vote for him at this point.

Vote: dclark

I don't think that should put him in the clear just like some other people have said I'm not in the clear for voting for rlode. I'll defend myself: Like I said on day 1, I wanted to move along so we could see where we were on day 2 and make some judgments. To tell you the truth, I didn't even know that mafia could vote for mafia but I suppose that makes sense.... That said, I moved TheShow way down my list. But, I don't think we can call him in the clear.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk