How ate up am I? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

How ate up am I?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: How ate up am I?

Postby MaudDib » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:42 pm

J35J wrote:...ok, don't answer that question! But no, really, I'm actually a little giddy that the season is almost over because I'm ready to get started on my spreadsheet for next year! Am I the only one that likes the preseason(rankings/projections/predictions/spreadsheets) better than the actual game of fantasy? !+)

Oh and no, I'm not out of the race on all my teams...I've already clinched a playoff birth in both of my H2H World Series leagues...I wish I could say the same for my ROTO leagues but nonetheless I still have plenty to play for. I just like putting my spreadsheet together! :*)

I caught myself thinking the same sort of thing a week or so ago. Heck, I was already taking a look at top 2009 draft prospects even though our minor league draft isn't until March.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:38 pm

Pretty ironic... Saturday I got out my Baseball Prospectus and started looking over rosters and players again for some reason... :-b
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bigken117 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:56 pm

MaudDib wrote:I caught myself thinking the same sort of thing a week or so ago. Heck, I was already taking a look at top 2009 draft prospects even though our minor league draft isn't until March.

I'm already scouring to put together a list of available minor leaguers in a league where I am going to have a high pick, but 250 some are off the board including 15 of this season's top draft picks. So far I have Inoa, Reddick, M. Stanton, and um... !+)

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby hybrid » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:42 am

When I read the thread topic, I had something totally different in mind. Something um not baseball related at all. Funny how terms can change over time ... :-?
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:07 am

J35J wrote:
BitterDodgerFan wrote:what i want to see is some in depth critique of how accurate your list was this year. :-B

Hit some and miss more....no different than most lists and most years. But hey, I'm game....bring your list out and we'll compare the two!! ;-)

i have no list, i was just wondering how your predictions performed overall.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby jcook3127 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:42 am

I'm with you J...it really is better...everything leading up to the draft is pure gold..and it's all down hill from there..including winning the championship....it's satisfying to win a league, but really, all that does is validate a bunch of work that I would gladly have done for nothing...I love setting up my draft board, tiering players, projecting players....it's the fun of the game
Why don't they just get a house that's already painted?
jcook3127
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby J35J » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:14 am

hybrid wrote:When I read the thread topic, I had something totally different in mind. Something um not baseball related at all. Funny how terms can change over time ... :-?

:-D

dirty, dirty mind you have there hybrid! O:-)
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 363)

Postby JimmyBaseball » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:56 am

hybrid wrote:When I read the thread topic, I had something totally different in mind. Something um not baseball related at all. Funny how terms can change over time ... :-?

I'm 27 and thought the same as you. I hope I'm not that old!
"When I knocked a guy down, there was no second part to the story."

~Bob Gibson
JimmyBaseball
College Coach
College Coach

Postby J35J » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:52 am

jcook3127 wrote:I'm with you J...it really is better...everything leading up to the draft is pure gold..and it's all down hill from there..including winning the championship....it's satisfying to win a league, but really, all that does is validate a bunch of work that I would gladly have done for nothing...I love setting up my draft board, tiering players, projecting players....it's the fun of the game

;-D
Glad I'm not the only one.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 363)

Postby KCollins1304 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:47 pm

bigken117 wrote:
MaudDib wrote:I caught myself thinking the same sort of thing a week or so ago. Heck, I was already taking a look at top 2009 draft prospects even though our minor league draft isn't until March.

I'm already scouring to put together a list of available minor leaguers in a league where I am going to have a high pick, but 250 some are off the board including 15 of this season's top draft picks. So far I have Inoa, Reddick, M. Stanton, and um... !+)

Thanks, you just started my list for me.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers