'09 Keeper League Rankings - Input wanted - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

'09 Keeper League Rankings - Input wanted

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: '09 Keeper League Rankings - Input wanted

Postby markj11 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:21 pm

Yoda wrote:I'd probably go Braun/MCab over Wright in a keeper.

It's going to be a hard decision. I have always loved Wright, I built my team around him 4 years ago.
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dclark0699 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:52 pm

markj11 wrote:

It's going to be a hard decision. I have always loved Wright, I built my team around him 4 years ago.

I'd say Braun/Wright because they will contribute across the board. Not many steals from MCab. Hard to turn down having two 5-category guys.
dclark0699
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby markj11 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:02 pm

dclark0699 wrote:
markj11 wrote:

I'd say Braun/Wright because they will contribute across the board. Not many steals from MCab. Hard to turn down having two 5-category guys.

Yeah, I hear ya. Sorry, I didn't mean to get this thread off track.
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Yoda » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:32 pm

I think the question is justified since you'd figure Braun/Wright/MCab will all go around the same time especially in a keeper. I'd go with Braun and MCab for the simple fact that they have more power potential than Wright. Wright's speed is nice but Braun is probably hitting 40 already this year and MCab should get there also considering that he is still younger than Wright. In the end though you are splitting hairs and you really can't go wrong with any of them.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Field » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:36 pm

Some comments:

-Personally, I wouldn't have any closer in the top 50. I would probably only have Paps, Nathan, FRod, Lidge and Soria in my top 100 maybe Mariano (due to his age).

-The only pitchers I would have in the top 50 (assuming a 12 team league that would be a keep 4), would be Peavy, Lincecum, Johan, Webb, Hamels, CC and Kazmir. Halladay & Felix would follow the top group. Haren, Bills, Joba, Volquez, Lackey, Z, Harden, Sheets, Beckett, Ervin, Kershaw and Cain would probably be in the 70-110 range for me. Lester, Verlander, Shields, Danks and Wainwright would probably be next. (I may have missed a few).

- Quentin should probably be top 20 just ahead of guys like Longoria/Kemp.

-I would rank the oufielders after Pujols/MCab: Fielder & Howard then Tex/Morneau/Berkman/Ortiz/Agon - the order is just kind of personal preference. All of which I would have in the 12 - 25 area.

-In the 30-40 range, guys like Markakis, Hart, Upton, Vlad, & Mags should be closely ranked with the preference going towards youth obviously. I would take Bruce, Delmon Young, & Chris B. Young top 100 also.

-If I were doing a draft, 2B is a position I would try to avoid in the top 100. It seems like they are likely to disappoint where they are slotted (besides Alexei and Utley)
Field
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby San D » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:20 pm

BitterDodgerFan wrote:on the subject of alexei ramirez, i do think he's worthy of being a top 100 keeper, especially since he will likely get SS eligibility along with his 2B. it's just that i don't know much of his past, but i wouldn't argue against keeping him. anyone know what kinda stats he put up in cuba?

I believe he was Cuba's leading HR hitter last year. I had looked up his stats for my minors draft. I don't remember it as being very many though (low number of games?).
San D
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby ryanbraungod » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:50 pm

Who do you guys think I should keep... I can only keep one of Kemp, Billingsley, Harden
ryanbraungod
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby abrage22 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:38 pm

i'd keep kemp
abrage22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ILoveBush » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:51 pm

I think James Loney has to be in the top 100. Conor Jackson would be close as well.

Joba is way too high, despite his performance this year. He is still a young pitcher who now has tendonitis.

If Morrow comes up and pitches well, is he really any different than Joba?
Dave not George W
ILoveBush
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Yoda » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:17 pm

ILoveBush wrote:If Morrow comes up and pitches well, is he really any different than Joba?

They are different as Joba is much more advanced than Morrow.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers