Where is Alexei drafted next year? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Where is Alexei drafted next year?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Where is Alexei drafted next year?

Postby DSheppard » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:01 pm

if I have the 135th pick ill select him just for you.
DSheppard
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1310
Joined: 26 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Where is Alexei drafted next year?

Postby Bobbleheadrusty » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:35 am

I don't see him dropping that low.

Put it this way, in his rookie year hes on pace for .315/22/80/90 with 13 SB in about 460 PA while hitting at the bottom of the lineup primarily. His k/BB is pretty rotten at 50/10, but that whole lineup is pretty free swinging, and hopefully it gets better with experience.
He got his first 100 PAs while not being a full time player as well

I dont see why you can't, for the next couple years at least, expect .310/120R/100 in the top third of the order, with 25+ HRs and 20ish SB.

If he plays at the level he is this year for a full season next year who would you rather have at 2B then him?

Chase Utley, sure
Kinsler, sure
Phillips, probably
Roberts, ?
Pedroia, ?
Cano, ?
Uggla, ?

Honestly I may well slot him third when you factor in the three position eligibility (SS, 2B, OF). His number project over a full season to Kinsler with about 20 less RBIs and a handful of steals and HRs.

He may well have the best numbers of any 2B from the ASB on this year. And its his rookie year. And hes been batting 7th.

I wouldn't draft him 3rd cause I think he will be priced lower then that, but Im definitely not waiting too long for him. After the top 4-5 2B come off the board Im all over him.
Bobbleheadrusty
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 410
Joined: 31 Mar 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Where is Alexei drafted next year?

Postby ILoveBush » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:26 pm

Amazing Oopah wrote:I'm looking at him to fill the role of multiple positions stud I hoped Yuniel Escobar would have filled this season :~(

Only troubling issue is the 10 walks in 361 at bats, but I guess you don't need plate discipline if you are hitting everything in sight.


That is exactly what people said about Francoeur two years ago. I own Alexei in a deep dynasty league and am extremely happy. But he could go either up or down from here. Predicting 120/20/90 with a .300 average is just as likely as 65/15/50 with a .260 average. He is very similar to Aviles in that he has a bad BB/k ratio and nobody knows what to expect next year.

I'll be happy next year with .280 and the same totals as this year.
Dave not George W
ILoveBush
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 265
Joined: 25 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Where is Alexei drafted next year?

Postby Neato Torpedo » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:41 pm

ILoveBush wrote:
Amazing Oopah wrote:I'm looking at him to fill the role of multiple positions stud I hoped Yuniel Escobar would have filled this season :~(

Only troubling issue is the 10 walks in 361 at bats, but I guess you don't need plate discipline if you are hitting everything in sight.


That is exactly what people said about Francoeur two years ago. I own Alexei in a deep dynasty league and am extremely happy. But he could go either up or down from here. Predicting 120/20/90 with a .300 average is just as likely as 65/15/50 with a .260 average. He is very similar to Aviles in that he has a bad BB/k ratio and nobody knows what to expect next year.

I'll be happy next year with .280 and the same totals as this year.

It's all about whether he can adjust. I think Francoeur got cocky after all this "the Natural" crap. Alexei hasn't gotten the same press attention so we could only hope he'd be more open to adjustments than Francoeur was.

BTW your username disgusts and appalls me. %-6 %-6 %-6 :-b %-6
Image

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter
Posts: 8618
Joined: 4 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: we don't burn gasoline, we burn our dreams

Re: Where is Alexei drafted next year?

Postby ILoveBush » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:55 pm

Neato Torpedo wrote:
ILoveBush wrote:
Amazing Oopah wrote:I'm looking at him to fill the role of multiple positions stud I hoped Yuniel Escobar would have filled this season :~(

Only troubling issue is the 10 walks in 361 at bats, but I guess you don't need plate discipline if you are hitting everything in sight.


That is exactly what people said about Francoeur two years ago. I own Alexei in a deep dynasty league and am extremely happy. But he could go either up or down from here. Predicting 120/20/90 with a .300 average is just as likely as 65/15/50 with a .260 average. He is very similar to Aviles in that he has a bad BB/k ratio and nobody knows what to expect next year.

I'll be happy next year with .280 and the same totals as this year.

It's all about whether he can adjust. I think Francoeur got cocky after all this "the Natural" crap. Alexei hasn't gotten the same press attention so we could only hope he'd be more open to adjustments than Francoeur was.

BTW your username disgusts and appalls me. %-6 %-6 %-6 :-b %-6


It's for Dave Bush. But that could still disgust you if you bought into the hype these past two years.

Back to Alexei, history tells us that players with low BB/K ratios CAN have violent swings in batting average. I'm not saying he will, but I am willing to bet that Pedroia outproduces Alexei for the next ten years, simply because Pedroia has much better plate discipline.
Dave not George W
ILoveBush
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 265
Joined: 25 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Where is Alexei drafted next year?

Postby tah161 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:23 pm

With Longoria being hurt the past couple weeks and for who knows how much longer, does Alexie have a chance at Rookie of the Year?
tah161
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 555
Joined: 27 Mar 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Where is Alexei drafted next year?

Postby Bobbleheadrusty » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:33 pm

tah161 wrote:With Longoria being hurt the past couple weeks and for who knows how much longer, does Alexie have a chance at Rookie of the Year?


Not if TB wins the divisions, and probably not otherwise. AR is going below the radar it seems, and I think there will be a few voters who treat him like the Japanese rookies, and not consider them eligible, since hes been a pro in Cuba for a decade.
Bobbleheadrusty
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 410
Joined: 31 Mar 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Where is Alexei drafted next year?

Postby jfg » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:38 pm

Bobbleheadrusty wrote: I think there will be a few voters who treat him like the Japanese rookies, and not consider them eligible, since hes been a pro in Cuba for a decade.



It's strange though that nobody is really talking about that. I don't think people really are thinking that way even though it's the exact same circumstances as a Japanese player.
Image
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 6078
(Past Year: 82)
Joined: 4 Nov 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Where is Alexei drafted next year?

Postby Old_Style » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:54 pm

Have there been any former Japanese league players that have been snubbed from winning the ROY?
You could argue Hideki Matsui over Angel Berroa, but Berroa had a pretty exceptional campaign.
Image
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 6885
Joined: 24 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: at the last neighborhood corner tavern

Re: Where is Alexei drafted next year?

Postby daullaz » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:38 pm

I think he'll be hyped as a sleeper and that'll get him into the double digit picks. In a 12-team league I see him going anywhere between 7th-10th round depending on the owners.
Image
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4884
(Past Year: 56)
Joined: 17 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Babel

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Y`s Guy and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact