I'm seeing Tom Petty tonight! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

I'm seeing Tom Petty tonight!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

I'm seeing Tom Petty tonight!

Postby Phatferd » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:36 pm

I love Tom Petty, I know some on here probably hate him, but I am so looking forward to this tonight. I started the partying a little early by going out last night to see Black Francis (Pixies) at a bar until 2am. I had to be at work at 7:30 this morning so I am not very productive today.

Anyways, list some of your favorite concert experiences in this thread.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: I'm seeing Tom Petty tonight!

Postby Art Vandelay » Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:45 pm

I saw Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers a few years ago in concert and they were really good. I'd definitely catch him again if given the chance. Another really good show was Santana. Most of my concert-going experience is hip-hop shows, however. Of the hundreds of hip-hop acts I've seen, the best live shows have consistently been Sage Francis and Brother Ali.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Yoda » Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:51 pm

Roger Waters was amazing (although I was seriously under the influence...)
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:33 pm

Yoda wrote:Roger Waters was amazing (although I was seriously under the influence...)

i wanted to go see that :,-(

saw Petty a few years ago, it was good

recent/memorable concerts i've been too
Mayhem Festival :-° :-{
Aerosmith :-t
Petty ;-D
Tool ;-D
Bob Dylan ;-D
Stone Temple Pilots :-/
Sarah McLaughlin :-o ;-D
Guns N Roses :-/
Ozzfest ;-D
Warped Tour ;-D
RATM ;-D
Disturbed ;-D
Primus ;-D
Area 51 :-/
countless others
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby jfg » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:43 pm

One of my buddies went to this Tom Petty tour and said it was really good and that he played everything you would want to hear and for a couple hours. He said he didn't like Steve Winwood though because he played 4 songs for an hour. In other words get ready to jam. :-t

I love Tom Petty, he's one of the most underrated classic rock artists out there. He got a boost from the Super Bowl performance though so good for him.

My favorite concert ever was Rocket From the Tombs. The lineup included David Thomas (Pere Ubu), Richard Lloyd (Television) and Cheetah Chrome (Dead Boys). Amazing show.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:04 pm

Yoda wrote:Roger Waters was amazing (although I was seriously under the influence...)

One time I caught his free show at the Amoeba Music store near my old place of work. Nice coincidence.

Hmmm...I haven't been to a show in a while but the standouts for me were Summer Sanitarium 2000, a Coachella festival with RATM in it (forgot the year but it was in the late 90's), Ozzfest 2004, and a Pantera show a friend and I had gotten into in my teenage years. I finally caught Motorhead a few years ago and they're every bit as good live as I imagined they would. ;-D

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:07 pm

I don't know what it's like to be Phatferd. But I'd like to. :-D Haven't been to too many concerts but caught Clapton a couple months ago and it was freakin awesome. Robert Cray opened for him and he was good too. BB King was in town a short time ago and we were going to go, but it happened to be over the time my son had a karate tournament.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby AussieDodger » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:46 pm

Roger Waters was the best ever. What made it even better was it looked like he was having a genuine ball on stage. He even made a joke about England getting killed by Australia in the cricket.

Omaha Red Sox wrote: BB King was in town a short time ago and we were going to go, but it happened to be over the time my son had a karate tournament.

And you couldn't go by yourself? I'm sure your son doesn't like BB King. ;-7
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:53 pm

AussieDodger wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote: BB King was in town a short time ago and we were going to go, but it happened to be over the time my son had a karate tournament.

And you couldn't go by yourself? I'm sure your son doesn't like BB King. ;-7

Yeah, but he can't drive himself to Wisconsin so I had to miss it. Oh, trust me, I remind him everyday that he made me miss that show. :-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Old_Style » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:58 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:King was in town a short time ago and we were going to go, but it happened to be over the time my son had a karate tournament.

I bet your son quit karate about a month after the concert. :-D
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk