I suck at video games - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Video Games

I suck at video games

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

I suck at video games

Postby jfg » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:46 pm

I've been playing video games for about 20 years and I realized this past year with my 360 and Live that I am really bad. I've played every Madden since they came out on SNES and I have been demolished online against people who are supposed to be my same IQ skill. I don't even consider myself a casual gamer- I've played a lot of games over the years, mostly sports and always against the AI. I guess the AI doesn't prepare you for the online world. I can't imagine a person who is buying a video game system for the first time and trying to play online... those kids are ruthless too! :-b
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 95)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: I suck at video games

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:29 pm

The difference between the AI and real gamers is like doing really well at high school sport and then trying to go professional. :-)
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 357)

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:38 pm

kids are good at games. they got mad reaction skills and better hand eye coordination than us.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Yoda » Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:57 pm

I am seriously slowing down. I can get 1:1 KDR on Call of Duty 4 but it is just too frustrating to get owned constantly by 12 yo's that I lost all interest.

I think I'll stick to the 1 player games going forward.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby jfg » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:37 pm

The only reason I bought a Live account is in preparation for Netflix. I'm ticked that I activated this early after I realized that online gaming isn't very fun.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:45 pm

some games have servers that older people play on. look for adults, oldies, mature, in the server name. maybe you can pwn those guys.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby KCollins1304 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:42 am

I've never had that much fun playing in online games. There are always some people that have obviously put a tremendous amount of time perfecting their skills in the game and I just don't have the desire to waste that much time playing. There are also the people that have dedicated their time to find every exploit and way to cheat possible online. Also, the bratty 12yo's that talk crap on there really boil my blood.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Phatferd » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:07 pm

KCollins1304 wrote:I've never had that much fun playing in online games. There are always some people that have obviously put a tremendous amount of time perfecting their skills in the game and I just don't have the desire to waste that much time playing. There are also the people that have dedicated their time to find every exploit and way to cheat possible online. Also, the bratty 12yo's that talk crap on there really boil my blood.

It's a whole different world. My little brother isn't allowed to play games rated "M". Well, he can, but my dad has to research the game to find out why it's "M". He is 11 years old. Anyways, I am over at his house the other day and he's playing COD4 on PS3. I thought it was interesting because he was playing the game muted. I asked him why he was playing with no sound and he said, "Dad is home." I still didn't understand what he was talking about so I turn the sound on and it only took about 5 seconds to hear some 13 year old drop the F bomb every other word out of his mouth.

Kids...
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:50 pm

maybe he oughta get a pair of headphones? :-b
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby jfg » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:30 pm

Can't you turn user voices off?
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Video Games