James McDonald, rhp, LAD - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

James McDonald, rhp, LAD

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

James McDonald, rhp, LAD

Postby J35J » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:14 pm

Any LA natives hear anything about McDonald and if he will see any time up this year?

He's a converted outfielder with pretty solid stuff, including a nice changeup! They say he's obvioiusly still a little raw from the lack of innings he's thrown in his career but seems to be coming along nicely. Anyway, not sure he will see time due to LA being in the playoff hunt but would like to see a glimpse of him if he does.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 387)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: James McDonald, rhp, LAD

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:24 pm

Haven't heard a mention of McDonald getting the call. I do know the Dodgers were possibly dangling McDonald in trades before the non-waiver deadline but otherwise, I reckon the consensus is that McDonald could use some further seasoning.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 674)

Postby J35J » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:31 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:Haven't heard a mention of McDonald getting the call. I do know the Dodgers were possibly dangling McDonald in trades before the non-waiver deadline but otherwise, I reckon the consensus is that McDonald could use some further seasoning.

Sounds good, thanks for the insight.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby J35J » Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:03 pm

He threw some out of the pen to end the season and also had a nice outing in the playoffs...could be a solid sleeper next year!

Is LA saying anything new about him and what they plan to do with him next year?
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Diamond Miners » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:21 pm

J35J wrote:Is LA saying anything new about him and what they plan to do with him next year?

Not yet, because they are waiting to see what happens in the offseason. Resigning Lowe seems high on their list from what people say. They retain Billingsly, Kershaw, Kuroda and Penny correct? Might be more of an injury spot starter and ready to be the 5th come the all-star break.
Good luck, feel free to PM me
DM

Minor League forum
Diamond Miners
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Cleveland Steamers » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:48 pm

Diamond Miners wrote:
J35J wrote:Is LA saying anything new about him and what they plan to do with him next year?

Not yet, because they are waiting to see what happens in the offseason. Resigning Lowe seems high on their list from what people say. They retain Billingsly, Kershaw, Kuroda and Penny correct? Might be more of an injury spot starter and ready to be the 5th come the all-star break.

I've seen some preliminary articles that have him penciled in as their number 5 in 2009...though thats a long time away.
Cleveland Steamers
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Everywhere...looking for a job in baseball...or fantasy sports...

Postby J35J » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:07 pm

Cleveland Steamers wrote:
Diamond Miners wrote:

I've seen some preliminary articles that have him penciled in as their number 5 in 2009...though thats a long time away.
Whoa....long time since i've seen you around Steamers. Where ya been?
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Cleveland Steamers » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:35 pm

J35J wrote:
Cleveland Steamers wrote:
Diamond Miners wrote:

Whoa....long time since i've seen you around Steamers. Where ya been?

I've monitored things here and there but had a busy overall year. I'm back and hopefully for good. I'm already ready for the 2009 season and all of preperation that it entails..
Cleveland Steamers
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Everywhere...looking for a job in baseball...or fantasy sports...

Return to Minor League & College Baseball