anybody live at a mobile home park? questions - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

anybody live at a mobile home park? questions

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

anybody live at a mobile home park? questions

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:31 am

my parents have a 1yr old mobile home (1Bed, 1Bath) they want me to take. i'm thinking of moving out of home with it but i need to find a place for it. right now its located about 90 miles from here (LA) at some campground like site where they lived for a year but they decided to move back home and want me to move it to a place i want around here and live there. can someone give me some advise as i don't know squat about mobile homes or parks? can i just bring my own mobile home into parks and pay very little rent? how does it usually work with utilities like water? and how much can i expect to pay to move it out of the current site, relocate about 90 miles? right now, i just plan to find all mobile homes in the LA area and call them to ask what's the rent and to see if they'll let me bring my own unit. is there anything else i should ask?
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: anybody live at a mobile home park? questions

Postby markj11 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:28 am

BitterDodgerFan wrote:my parents have a 1yr old mobile home (1Bed, 1Bath) they want me to take. i'm thinking of moving out of home with it but i need to find a place for it. right now its located about 90 miles from here (LA) at some campground like site where they lived for a year but they decided to move back home and want me to move it to a place i want around here and live there. can someone give me some advise as i don't know squat about mobile homes or parks? can i just bring my own mobile home into parks and pay very little rent? how does it usually work with utilities like water? and how much can i expect to pay to move it out of the current site, relocate about 90 miles? right now, i just plan to find all mobile homes in the LA area and call them to ask what's the rent and to see if they'll let me bring my own unit. is there anything else i should ask?

I stayed in one after I graduated college. I didn't want to rent an apartment so I bought a 30 foot travel trailer, the kind you pull behind a truck. I found a good place in a nice area (I ended up buying a house and live in the same area now). The place was more of a camp ground, the rent was really low and it included water and electricity.
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Re: anybody live at a mobile home park? questions

Postby markj11 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:27 am

Snakes Gould wrote:my family had a mobile home that we used for vacation during the summers when i was little. we'd stay at a pretty nice family orientated campground down the jersey shroe. rent wasnt very cheap, but im sure you can find a place that is. as for utilities, you hook them up at the camp site or whatever location you choose and you pay for them just like you would anywhere else. the worst part about the mobile homes, is the water pressure/shower experience imo.

I think when you are paying by the month it is a lot cheaper than by the day.
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to General Talk