2009 SP Rankings? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

2009 SP Rankings?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 2009 SP Rankings?

Postby AtlantaBravesFan » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:16 pm

I think Kershaw will be a top 15 pitcher next season, maybe a huge jump in production like Lincecum took.
AtlantaBravesFan
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby activechamp2006 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:57 pm

AtlantaBravesFan wrote:I think Kershaw will be a top 15 pitcher next season, maybe a huge jump in production like Lincecum took.

Billingsley will be the only Dodger pitcher to be ranked 15 or better.
activechamp2006
General Manager
General Manager

Postby AtlantaBravesFan » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:08 pm

activechamp2006 wrote:
AtlantaBravesFan wrote:I think Kershaw will be a top 15 pitcher next season, maybe a huge jump in production like Lincecum took.

Yeah.... will i think you'll be wrong. Look what Kershaw is doing right now and he's not even legally allowed to drink yet.
AtlantaBravesFan
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby activechamp2006 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:16 pm

AtlantaBravesFan wrote:
activechamp2006 wrote:

Yeah.... will i think you'll be wrong. Look what Kershaw is doing right now and he's not even legally allowed to drink yet.

Kershaws a great young talent, and he's progressed a lot. The biggest improvement i've noticed is his control, and that's a good sign for maturity. I just think top 15 is stretching it.
activechamp2006
General Manager
General Manager

Postby B-Chad » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:33 pm

Top 15 is certainly a possibility for Kershaw, but only that, possibility, certainly not probability. I would say Carpenter should be in the top 25 ish assuming he is healthy going into next year. Liriano probably in the top 25 ish range due to his upside (and the fact he's been very good since getting called up). I also think Gallardo could be snuck into the top 25 due to the fact his injury is in no way arm or shoulder related. I like the idea of looking at starters, take a peak at my thread and offer some insight, it's on the front page and it's about injured/young/underachieving starters. Your insight would be appreciated.
Last edited by B-Chad on Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image]
B-Chad
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby fbc_fan » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:06 am

activechamp2006 wrote:

i have to agree with this. kershaw is a talent no doubt, but as BP wrote a couple years ago billingsley has "stud pitcher written all over him." maybe in a couple years kershaw will be that good, but i've got billingsley over him for next year to start with. billingsley has been fantastic this year, especially for the value of where he was drafted.
thanks to madison/go_jays_go for the slick sig!
fbc_fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby apz » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:55 am

I like Scherzer over Kershaw next season. He looked good for the time he was up. Hopefully, next time he's up they'll leave him in the rotation.
apz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 32)

Postby Yoda » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:02 am

B-Chad wrote:Top 15 is certainly a possibility for Kershaw, but only that, possibility, certainly not probability. I would say Carpenter should be in the top 25 ish assuming he is healthy going into next year. Liriano probably in the top 25 ish range due to his upside (and the fact he's been very good since getting called up). I also think Gallardo could be snuck into the top 25 due to the fact his injury is in no way arm or shoulder related. I like the idea of looking at starters, take a peak at my thread and offer some insight, it's on the front page and it's about injured/young/underachieving starters. Your insight would be appreciated.

Carpenter is too risky to be top 25. He has had major surgery on his shoulder and elbow now on the wrong side of 30.

Liriano will definitely go top 25 but he hasn't been as good as his W and ERA indicate. In 23.1 IP since returning he has 20K, 10BB against pretty poor offensive teams: CLE, KC, SEA, OAK. I still believe that he will be overrated as he is a high injury risk.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby activechamp2006 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:34 pm

B-Chad wrote:Top 15 is certainly a possibility for Kershaw, but only that, possibility, certainly not probability. I would say Carpenter should be in the top 25 ish assuming he is healthy going into next year. Liriano probably in the top 25 ish range due to his upside (and the fact he's been very good since getting called up). I also think Gallardo could be snuck into the top 25 due to the fact his injury is in no way arm or shoulder related. I like the idea of looking at starters, take a peak at my thread and offer some insight, it's on the front page and it's about injured/young/underachieving starters. Your insight would be appreciated.

It takes a lot for a pitcher to hit the top 15-25. Billingsley is barely in the top 15-20 right now and he's having an outstanding season. Honestly I don't even see it as a possibility.
activechamp2006
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Yoda » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:15 pm

activechamp2006 wrote:

It takes a lot for a pitcher to hit the top 15-25. Billingsley is barely in the top 15-20 right now and he's having an outstanding season. Honestly I don't even see it as a possibility.

Billingsley is top 20 for sure. Depending on how he finishes, I think he can be ranked higher.

Kershaw definitely has a chance to be 15 although I'd probably expect him to be around 30.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers