Rewards Credit Cards - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rewards Credit Cards

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rewards Credit Cards

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:08 pm

i have a Bank Of America Visa (used to be MBNA) that i get a point per dollar spent or something like that and whenever i rack up 5,000 (maybe 6,000) i cash it in for a $50 gift card. probably not the best program but i've had the card for 10 years and am just too lazy to change

I also get points through my debit card which is nice
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby StlSluggers » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:21 pm

AussieDodger wrote:
JTWood wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:how about jt just hooks us all up with the best mastercard they have to offer with the best rewards for the lowest apr with no fees? sound good?

Mastercard doesn't issue cards. We only process the transaction and take a cut.

That's why you see Bank of America Mastercard, Fifth-Third MasterCard, Citi Mastercard...

Those are the banks lending the money and, thus, setting the rates. I can't do a thing for you.

What other kinds of MasterCards are there?

Well, there's the Tony LaRussa MasterCard. They give it to people who are extraordinary leaders that lift up everyone around them with their amazing decision-making skills. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't qualify.

For you, I could suggest the Enron MasterCard. It's for descendants of criminals who manage to bring down thousands of lives just with their mere presence.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby AussieDodger » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:56 pm

StlSluggers wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:
JTWood wrote:Mastercard doesn't issue cards. We only process the transaction and take a cut.

That's why you see Bank of America Mastercard, Fifth-Third MasterCard, Citi Mastercard...

Those are the banks lending the money and, thus, setting the rates. I can't do a thing for you.

What other kinds of MasterCards are there?

Well, there's the Tony LaRussa MasterCard. They give it to people who are extraordinary leaders that lift up everyone around them with their amazing decision-making skills. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't qualify.

For you, I could suggest the Enron MasterCard. It's for descendants of criminals who manage to bring down thousands of lives just with their mere presence.

My friend, I believe you are reading your MasterCard propaganda pamphlet incorrectly. The LaRussa MasterCard is for convicted drunk drivers and suspected paedophiles (it's also for people who don't like Anthony Reyes).
Seeing as I'm not an Australian born, and therefore not descended from criminals, I believe you would direct me to the Tom Selleck/Chuck Norris card. It's for people who are unquestionably awesome.

:-S
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 24)

Postby RynMan » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:09 am

AussieDodger wrote:Seeing as I'm not an Australian born, and therefore not descended from criminals, I believe you would direct me to the Tom Selleck/Chuck Norris card. It's for people who are unquestionably awesome.

I'd rather be a descendant of a criminal, than a Kiwi. B-)
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby AussieDodger » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:15 am

RynMan wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:Seeing as I'm not an Australian born, and therefore not descended from criminals, I believe you would direct me to the Tom Selleck/Chuck Norris card. It's for people who are unquestionably awesome.

I'd rather be a descendant of a criminal, than a Kiwi. B-)

If you are comparing only the general direction the two countries are headed, and the competence of the people in power, I would concur with that.
But everything else............... :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t

:-D
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 24)

Previous

Return to General Talk