ehhh, yes, no?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Contests and Showing Off

ehhh, yes, no??

Moderators: deluxe_247, kimchi_chigae, Mookie4ever, Baseball Moderators

ehhh, yes, no??

Postby abrage22 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:34 pm

I made a sig for Inukchuk this evening, i actually watched a tutorial (actually i've been bored and have been watching and looking at tutorials all day :-b ) on how to make it, so what u think?

Ik its a bit messy on the right side, but thats not even half the crap they wanted me to put on it %-6
abrage22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: ehhh, yes, no??

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:09 am

abrage22 wrote:I made a sig for Inukchuk this evening, i actually watched a tutorial (actually i've been bored and have been watching and looking at tutorials all day :-b ) on how to make it, so what u think?

Ik its a bit messy on the right side, but thats not even half the crap they wanted me to put on it %-6

the text is a little shaky, id bring nathan out a little and the right side is very sloppy like you said, but again, still an improvement.

from my knowledge, a tutorial is basically just a different way for you to think and different methods to use. when you reach a certain level where the basics are met (which i think you've reached), you can think and use things your own way and dont necessarily need to follow a tutorial step by step.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby abrage22 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:10 pm

yep i agree, i learned many different things with the tutorial like a bunch of different coloring stuff and overlays and a bunch of stuff.

and stuff :-D
abrage22
General Manager
General Manager

Postby abrage22 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:43 pm

quality sucks, i used a bunch of layers :-{
abrage22
General Manager
General Manager

Postby abrage22 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:59 pm

c/c anyone?
abrage22
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Snakes Gould » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:57 am

abrage22 wrote:Image

c/c anyone?

your best to date even though its football. ;-)

the background could use a little more filling in, but looks nice. ;-D ;-D

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby soty » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:31 am

Nathan- I agree with Snakes you need to make him "pop" more. Not really sure what you have going on the right side? Other than that its not too bad. I will also agree with Snakes on the point of learning/trying things on your own. I never used a tutorial. I just had guys around here lead me in the right direction and I took it from there. Just about everytime I make a sig I learn a little something new.

AP- That one is blurry and hard to see. I can see where you were trying to go with it though. Just a little dark for my liking. The more layers the blurrier it comes out, so try to use very little.

Jackson- Very nice. I agree with Snakes that its your best yet. The player "pops" and the backgound/ text are simple and go nicely with the sig. Nice work. ;-D
soty
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics Expert

Postby abrage22 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:11 pm

i made this one for RedSoxNation04
abrage22
General Manager
General Manager

Postby soty » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:49 pm

First of all I am not trying to sound like a jerk, but I am going to be honest abrage...that one just dont do it for me. I like the idea of it. It just doesnt go together that great. The background seems too bright/ plain and I am not sure what that red around Ortiz is supposed to be? Again not trying be a jerk but I also think the cut could be a lot better.

Here is what I would suggest (if you want my suggestion). ;-) First clean up the cut of Ortiz. The bat is very jagged and around the visor could use some touching up. Next the background. Use the same pic, but this time add some different brushing, blending and lighting to it. Last I would take that red shadow or whatever it is behind Ortiz out. If the background was darker that red shadow may work, but since its a very bright background the red really stands out. Again I am VERY sorry if I am sounding like a jerk. Trust me I am no expert myself. I am always learning/ trying new things and I know you are always trying to get better yourself, which is why I am offering my thoughts and ideas. Take them and use them or just ignore them. Either way I wont be offended. Btw I like your Loney one. Its simple, looks good and is clean. Nice job. ;-D
soty
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics Expert

Postby abrage22 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:58 pm

don't worry you don't sound like a jerk :-D , i respect your opinions and thank you for them ;-D ;-D . hopefully helikes it :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o
abrage22
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Contests and Showing Off