Marcum - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Marcum

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Marcum

Postby dorje3 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:25 pm

Has anybody watched Marcum since his return from injury? Statistically he's shown improvement in the last three starts (4ER, 14K in last 18IP), but is he to be trusted moving forward? Where does he rank among players like Malhom, Guthrie, Meche, Myers?
dorje3
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Marcum

Postby RedSoxNation04 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:21 pm

dorje3 wrote:Has anybody watched Marcum since his return from injury? Statistically he's shown improvement in the last three starts (4ER, 14K in last 18IP), but is he to be trusted moving forward? Where does he rank among players like Malhom, Guthrie, Meche, Myers?

I've been a Marcum owner all season and right after his injury I was going to spot-start him and I held him out against Detroit and he proceeded to pitch a pretty nice game. He's been very good against the Sox so I'm not surprised that he fared well this past weekend. I only wish - fantasy wise, of course - that he had gone another inning or two. He pitches against them again this weekend in Toronto and he is even better at home. I wouldn't be surprised to see a quality start out of him this time around.

As far as the rest of the season, I think he can be trusted from here on out, though I wouldn't expect any complete games.

EDIT: forgot to respond to the ranking piece...I would probably rank him ahead of Meche and Maholm, but even with Guthrie with all of them behind Myers. I like Myers to really respond the rest of the way out. Wish I grabbed him when I had a chance....
Last edited by RedSoxNation04 on Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedSoxNation04
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Re: Marcum

Postby pangbones » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:24 pm

I drafted him and kept him all year as well. He's been shaky since his return from the injury. I don't think he's right. He's walking more guys, and he's just been very hittable. I'm encouraged by his last 3 starts, but I don't have a whole lot of confidence in him right now. I'd probably take all those guys you listed over him right now.
pangbones
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Return to Injuries & Player Updates