Aaron Crow - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Aaron Crow

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Aaron Crow

Postby MaudDib » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:52 am

According to the Fort Worth Star Telegram, unsigned Nationals first-round pick RHP Aaron Crow has agreed to a contract with the independent league Fort Worth Cats.
The ninth overall pick in June's draft after winning Big 12 pitcher of the year honors at Missouri, Crow has until midnight Friday to sign with the Nationals. His agent said Wednesday that a deal is unlikely. "The last I talked with Jim Bowden, he didn’t think there was anything more to talk about," agent Randy Hendricks said. "I didn't disagree." Luke Hochevar and Max Scherzer also previously played for the Cats, with Hochevar re-entering the draft and Scherzer agreeing to a deal with the Diamondbacks moments before the signing deadline.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 369)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Aaron Crow

Postby hybrid » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:15 pm

Pretty silly I think for him not to sign. From all accounts next years draft is supposed to be better so he could be picked even later.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Re: Aaron Crow

Postby MaudDib » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:56 pm

I agree. I would have thought he would have liked playing for that Nationals. They have a nice pichers park and in the NL. Now I could see teams waiting on him. After Hochevar not flying through the minors quickly or pitching very good once he got to the major leagues, I could see a lot of teams not taking the chance. I am disappointed as I am a U of Missouri fan and would have liked more Alumni at the pro level.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 369)

Return to Minor League & College Baseball