100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

- Sleepers for 2009 -

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: - Sleepers for 2009 -

Postby StringerBell » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:11 pm

DbacksRback wrote:
knuckler wrote:
Montana168 wrote:the biggest sleeper RP i see going into next year will be jose arredondo. <snip>

its funny as soon as he is mentioned he gets his first loss of the year :-b

......and in his next appearance pitches 5 Outs without giving up a hit or walk. I`m so glad I picked him up. I bet he`s still off half my league`s radar.

While we are committing the crime of being completely OT (which the real Stringer would have no problem with)....where do we see Joey Devine next year? Ziegler has been awesome, but he`s a sidearmer. Im not sure MLB coaching types like to give un-orthodox mechanics guys too much responsibility for too long........
.....ain't nobody got nothing to say about a 40-degree day. ...
StringerBell
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Tommy John » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:15 pm

Ted Williams Head :-t

I never said that
Tommy John
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Bozo » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:14 am

I've mentioned on a few other posts that I expect Devine to be the closer in Oakland next year. The run that Ziegler is on is incredible but major league hitters will catch up to the deceiving side arm style. Devine can be overpowering and, assuming his arm problems are behind him, is the kind of knockout guy you want closing for you. After a rough first game coming back from the DL Devine has been unhittable. He may not get the closer job this year but I think he's the favorite going into next year. Once again under the assumption that Street goes elsewhere.
Fully agree that Arredondo bears watching; if K-Rod bolts for greener pastures it's only a matter of time before the Angels annoint him the "next one".
Bozo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 8)

Postby StringerBell » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:00 pm

Bozo wrote:I've mentioned on a few other posts that I expect Devine to be the closer in Oakland next year. <Snip>.....Fully agree that Arredondo bears watching; if K-Rod bolts for greener pastures it's only a matter of time before the Angels annoint him the "next one".

Bozo---you are the clown of my dreams. Ive got both dudes for a song in my keeper rotisserie league.
Its a very deep league (14 teams!) so closers are at a premium.
I hope your 2009 roster predictions are as accurate as your aim with a seltzer bottle.

(And if your screenname does not allude to the 1960`s/1970`s Clown of the same name, I apologize profusely :-b )
Last edited by StringerBell on Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StringerBell
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby knuckler » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:24 pm

StringerBell wrote:
Bozo wrote:I've mentioned on a few other posts that I expect Devine to be the closer in Oakland next year. <Snip>.....Fully agree that Arredondo bears watching; if K-Rod bolts for greener pastures it's only a matter of time before the Angels annoint him the "next one".

Bozo---you are the clown of my dreams. Ive got both dudes for a song in my keeper rotisserie league.
Its a very deep league (15 teams!) so closers are at a premium.
I hope your 2009 roster predictions are as accurate as your aim with a seltzer bottle.

(And if your screenname does not allude to the 1960`s/1970`s Clown of the same name, I apologize profusely :-b )

Stringer; I just aquired devine (still in ML contract) along with buchholz ($14) for dice-k ($31). this leaves me with jenks, ryan, arrendondo (ML contract) and devine for next season in an AL-only 10 team league / 12 keepers.

i'd love to see the rest of your team, heres mine:

position, $, year

c Navarro, Dioner 4 1
c Saltalamacchia, Jeff c/1b 6 2
1b Giambi, Jason 12 2,2
3b Davis, Chris 1b/3b 10 1
crn Ruiz, Randy 10 1
2b Upton, B.J. 2b/of 22 2
ss Renteria, Edgar 23 1
mid Cano, Robinson 2b 15 2,2
of Bay, Jason 101 1,2
of Dye, Jermaine 21 1
of Wells, Vernon 32 1
of Ordonez, Magglio 1 2
of Rios, Alex 26 2
dh Ortiz, David 37 1
res Fields, Josh 3b/of 1 1
res Hill, Aaron 21 1
res Murphy, David 10 1
res Blalock, Hank 18 1

p Arredondo, Jose 2 1
p Jenks, Bobby 11 2,3
p Lester, Jon 9 1
p Buchholz, CLay 14 1
p Perkins, Glenn 10 1
p Pettitte, Andy 10 1
p Ryan, B.J. 10 1
p Smith, Greg 10 1
p Verlander, Justin 23 1,3
res McGowan, Dustin 10 2

min Niemann, Jeff TB P
min Devine, Joey OAK P
knuckler
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby StringerBell » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:02 pm

[quote="knuckler"]
Stringer; I just aquired devine (still in ML contract) along with buchholz ($14) for dice-k ($31). this leaves me with jenks, ryan, arrendondo (ML contract) and devine for next season in an AL-only 10 team league / 12 keepers.
i'd love to see the rest of your team <snip> [quote="knuckler"]

OK Knuckler----here is my pitching staff.......

---I`m in an 11 Player MLB Rotisserie keeper league with a real round-table "bidding" draft at the beginning of the season. Any League-Mates will surely know my identity now, but what the hey?

FA Means I bid on the guy as a mid-season Free Agent
No Bench---Just Play/DL/ or Waive
26.00 Budget

SP-J Guthrie .10 ;-D
RP-J Soria-1.00
RP-B Wilson .50
RP-J Broxton .70
RP-M Corpas .50 FA (a July pick up `cause "Fuentes was Def. Gonna be traded" :-B
RP-T Bucholz .50 FA (a July pick up `cause "Fuentes was Def. Gonna be traded" :-B
RP-G Balfour .50 FA
RP-Jose Arredando .50 FA
RP Joey Devine .50 FA

DL Reserves
RP M Capps 1.00
RP J Zumaya .10
RP/SP B Morrow 1.70 FA

Lately Ive wondered if maybe, just maybe, I might have some sort of compulsive RP disorder....................................

I love to talk about who I should keep for 2009---but by now this topic really needs moving! :-B
StringerBell
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates