- Sleepers for 2009 - - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

- Sleepers for 2009 -

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

- Sleepers for 2009 -

Postby Buttermaker » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:55 pm

which players are going to have huge seasons next year??
I think Jed Lowrie is gonna breakout in 2009, also brandon boggs from texas... any more guesses?
Buttermaker
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: - Sleepers for 2009 -

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:05 pm

we have this discussion in the baseball leftovers subforum. this is for injuries and individual player updates. ;-)
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Buttermaker » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:14 pm

ok sorry all... B-)
Buttermaker
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Montana168 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:13 am

it may not seem it for members of this website but 1B chris davis could be a middle round sleeper next year. he's putting up big power numbers in his short stint in the majors next year and the average fan doesn't really know what he's capable of. this guy can hit 40+ homers next year and will be taken in the middle rounds in most drafts. another guy would be col. 3B ian stewart. he for sure has 30+homer power with a solid .290-.305 BA with 10-15 steals. there are rumors that the rockies are considering shipping off atkins or holliday this offseason to sure up a starting spot for this kid...however i'd rather see it playing out that atkins will remain at first and todd helton will either retire, get demoted, or just get rid of him.

the biggest sleeper RP i see going into next year will be jose arredondo. k-rod has said he will test the market and i'm sure someone will pay the top young closer. that frees up the closer spot for this young gun who has a .93 season ERA right now in the bigs...he is the real deal and make angel fans even forget who k-rod is.
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby DbacksRback » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:31 am

I think next year im going to post a sleeper per team in leftovers ;-D

DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 57)

Postby RedSoxNation04 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:44 pm

Montana168 wrote:it may not seem it for members of this website but 1B chris davis could be a middle round sleeper next year. he's putting up big power numbers in his short stint in the majors next year and the average fan doesn't really know what he's capable of. this guy can hit 40+ homers next year and will be taken in the middle rounds in most drafts. another guy would be col. 3B ian stewart. he for sure has 30+homer power with a solid .290-.305 BA with 10-15 steals. there are rumors that the rockies are considering shipping off atkins or holliday this offseason to sure up a starting spot for this kid...however i'd rather see it playing out that atkins will remain at first and todd helton will either retire, get demoted, or just get rid of him.

the biggest sleeper RP i see going into next year will be jose arredondo. k-rod has said he will test the market and i'm sure someone will pay the top young closer. that frees up the closer spot for this young gun who has a .93 season ERA right now in the bigs...he is the real deal and make angel fans even forget who k-rod is.

Well, Holliday is definitely going to be gone as he will not be resigned after 2009. It just remains to be seen whether they do something in the off-season or wait until the trade deadline. Stewart is showing he belongs but the question begs, does he play third and Atkins also gets traded (Helton is under contract through 2011) or does Atkins get signed long term to play 1B while Helton and his huge contract rides the pine? The other option is whether or not Stewart can play 2B full-time...
RedSoxNation04
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby knuckler » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:48 pm

Montana168 wrote:the biggest sleeper RP i see going into next year will be jose arredondo. k-rod has said he will test the market and i'm sure someone will pay the top young closer. that frees up the closer spot for this young gun who has a .93 season ERA right now in the bigs...he is the real deal and make angel fans even forget who k-rod is.

amen! this man knows EXACTLY what he is talking about.

you my man are very wise!
knuckler
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Kylebgsu » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:20 pm

Evan ALL Mighty will compete for the MVP next season!

MARK MY WORds

ROFL
Kylebgsu
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby DbacksRback » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:14 pm

knuckler wrote:
Montana168 wrote:the biggest sleeper RP i see going into next year will be jose arredondo. k-rod has said he will test the market and i'm sure someone will pay the top young closer. that frees up the closer spot for this young gun who has a .93 season ERA right now in the bigs...he is the real deal and make angel fans even forget who k-rod is.

amen! this man knows EXACTLY what he is talking about.

you my man are very wise!

its funny as soon as he is mentioned he gets his first loss of the year :-b

DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 57)

Postby tah161 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:56 am

Barry Bonds
tah161