Rotoworld's 2009 Prelim Top 100 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Rotoworld's 2009 Prelim Top 100

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rotoworld's 2009 Prelim Top 100

Postby rookies and cream » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:42 pm

Way too early for a list. I remember us all ranking starting pitchers at around this time last year. We then revisited it at the end of the season and the rankings were very different.
rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 46)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ensanimal » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:58 pm

Silly list. :*)

May be able to use this though to work out deals for those in the hunt this year. :-?
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 120)

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:59 pm

it makes funston's big board look really good. :-b
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Yoda » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:11 pm

BitterDodgerFan wrote:it makes funston's big board look really good. :-b

Top 50 is a lot easier to do than Top 100 FWIW. Also, a list like this just seems unnecessary at this point. I can see if you do a ranking based on who you think will do what for the rest of the year or something.

Keeper lists are a bit different since you would need to plan a bit ahead but still...
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby kweiss » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:00 pm

I hope Yahoo's 2009 pre ranks look like this list. As somebody pointed out earlier, you could make a dominant team if a draft went anything like that.
kweiss
College Coach
College Coach

Postby MotorCityKitties » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:13 pm

There are many I could gripe about, but Carlos Lee is probably too low at 44.
MotorCityKitties
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby San D » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:13 pm

I don't know. I like the list. Pouliot historically doesn't overreact to bad years and doesn't over-rank someone who has had one good year (although he unusually loved Braun last year). I like guys like Quentin and Hamilton way more than he does, but it does make me want to check out their peripherals more in the offseason. Also, I like that guys like Rollins and especially Miguel Cabrera are still high.
San D
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby J35J » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:17 pm

San D wrote:I don't know. I like the list. Pouliot historically doesn't overreact to bad years and doesn't over-rank someone who has had one good year (although he unusually loved Braun last year). I like guys like Quentin and Hamilton way more than he does, but it does make me want to check out their peripherals more in the offseason. Also, I like that guys like Rollins and especially Miguel Cabrera are still high.

The list isn't all that good, you a Rotoworld homer fan? Just curious, it might explain your thoughts.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 620)

Postby San D » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:26 pm

J35J wrote:
San D wrote:I don't know. I like the list. Pouliot historically doesn't overreact to bad years and doesn't over-rank someone who has had one good year (although he unusually loved Braun last year). I like guys like Quentin and Hamilton way more than he does, but it does make me want to check out their peripherals more in the offseason. Also, I like that guys like Rollins and especially Miguel Cabrera are still high.

The list isn't all that good, you a Rotoworld homer fan? Just curious, it might explain your thoughts.

No...I don't know what a Rotoworld homer fan is :-? . I'm a J35J preseason list fan! :-b (Yes, I subscribed.)

Seriously, I read a lot of sites and Rotoworld is one of them. Pouliot actually has good fantasy rankings over the years. His rankings of prospects and young players are generally off (not aggressive enough) in my opinion though.
San D
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby J35J » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:51 pm

San D wrote:
J35J wrote:

No...I don't know what a Rotoworld homer fan is :-? . I'm a J35J preseason list fan! :-b (Yes, I subscribed.)

Seriously, I read a lot of sites and Rotoworld is one of them. Pouliot actually has good fantasy rankings over the years. His rankings of prospects and young players are generally off (not aggressive enough) in my opinion though.

Thats cool, I'm not sure what a homer fan is either. I was thinking two seperate things and wrote them both down. :-S Thanks for answering the question....and thanks for "subscribing"! :-D
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 620)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers