Utley versus Miggy Cabrera remember that? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Utley versus Miggy Cabrera remember that?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Utley versus Miggy Cabrera remember that?

Postby Yoda » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:51 pm

That Utley has been better this year doesn't change the fact that Miggy > Utley. Miggy was better in 07 and this year was an adjustment period to the AL. I'd like to see Utley put up his numbers in a more neutral park.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Re: Utley versus Miggy Cabrera remember that?

Postby dclark0699 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:56 pm

Yoda wrote:That Utley has been better this year doesn't change the fact that Miggy > Utley. Miggy was better in 07 and this year was an adjustment period to the AL. I'd like to see Utley put up his numbers in a more neutral park.


Interestingly, Utley hits 30 points higher on the road - and has 11 of his 28 HR on the road - so it isn't like his numbers are terribly inflated by the park - at least not as much as I would have expected.
Image
dclark0699
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1775
Joined: 13 Jan 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Ohio State University

Re: Utley versus Miggy Cabrera remember that?

Postby Snakes Gould » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:00 pm

rjforlife wrote:
The Cow wrote:So despite Utley having the better numbers once again, at least 2 years running if you are keeping track at home, Miggy was somehow still the better fantasy pick this year? Wow! The length you guys go to, to attempt to prove your point. I will say this eventually, eventually you will be right. Miggy is bound to have a better year than Utley eventually. I think.

The Cow



What is your problem? Why did you start a thread taunting people that supported Cabrera and then try to rile everyone up by being a sarcastic jackass? This thread adds nothing to anyones baseball knowledge and was only created so you could start something.....well done.


hehehe you must not be familiar with the cow yet.


hes bumped two threads now, specifically just to brag about things he has said. although i bet if i were go back to his march's posts, you'd see a few things that would make you scratch your head. now dont get me wrong, its awesome to be right on a guy (cafe sleeper nate mcclouth pre-season right here) but to try to rub it in people's faces is certainly wrong.
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Re: Utley versus Miggy Cabrera remember that?

Postby rjforlife » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:12 am

Lol, I am familiar with the Cow. Seen his face for 5 years now and I usually just ignore, but this was just such a worthless brag thread where he wasn't even right that I felt like I had to say something.....
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 7509
(Past Year: 740)
Joined: 25 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Vegas Baby

Re: Utley versus Miggy Cabrera remember that?

Postby tah161 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:20 am

Look at ESPN predictions, Miggy finishes with better number.... ;-D
tah161
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 555
Joined: 27 Mar 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Utley versus Miggy Cabrera remember that?

Postby StlSluggers » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:26 pm

I have both, and as of late, MCab has been pulling his weight much more so than Utley.

This is a poorly timed thread.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 14716
Joined: 24 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Re: Utley versus Miggy Cabrera remember that?

Postby thedude » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:50 pm

I hate the "i told you so" threads and posts that have been popping up at the cafe recently.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 8413
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 18 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Good Life

Re: Utley versus Miggy Cabrera remember that?

Postby J35J » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:57 pm

thedude wrote:I hate the "i told you so" threads and posts that have been popping up at the cafe recently.


If you're good enough others will gloat for you.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 10467
(Past Year: 369)
Joined: 26 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Utley versus Miggy Cabrera remember that?

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:51 pm

J35J wrote:
thedude wrote:I hate the "i told you so" threads and posts that have been popping up at the cafe recently.


If you're good enough others will gloat for you.


ding ding.
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Re: Utley versus Miggy Cabrera remember that?

Postby hot4tx » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:24 am

Yoda wrote:That Utley has been better this year doesn't change the fact that Miggy > Utley. Miggy was better in 07 and this year was an adjustment period to the AL. I'd like to see Utley put up his numbers in a more neutral park.


The only reason Miggy was better in '07 was because Utley got hit and broke his hand/wrist. Normalize their at-bats (not even considering that Utley came back and wasn't the same, so he had three weeks or so of at-bats at a lesser rate) and Utley has a better line than Miggy for '07.

I'm still an Utley>Miggy believer, though they are very close, but I agree with the others that I don't see any reason for an "I told you so" thread to be posted on the cafe.
hot4tx
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1933
(Past Year: 135)
Joined: 16 Feb 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Saturday, Oct. 25
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Kansas City at San Francisco
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact