Utley versus Miggy Cabrera remember that? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Utley versus Miggy Cabrera remember that?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Utley versus Miggy Cabrera remember that?

Postby The Cow » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:23 pm

Remember that debate? Miggy was supposedly the better choice based on pure numbers. Utley was supposedly just a position scarcity reach? Utley clearly was the better choice based on pure numbers and position scarcity, hmm. Where is Miggy's cafe following now?

The Cow
Give Snakes his due!!!! Snakes deserves the fantasy expert icon!!! Go Snakes!!!!
The Cow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Utley versus Miggy Cabrera remember that?

Postby Guttenburg » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:38 pm

Miggy has been perhaps the hottest hitter in baseball since the All-Star break. Poorly timed thread.
Guttenburg
College Coach
College Coach

Postby dclark0699 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:41 pm

And i like Miggy more for the rest of this year and then all of next. I think people underestimated the effect of him changing leagues and expected him to be the American league MVP. Next year I see something like .325, 35, 130, 5
dclark0699
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby The Cow » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:46 pm

So despite Utley having the better numbers once again, at least 2 years running if you are keeping track at home, Miggy was somehow still the better fantasy pick this year? Wow! The length you guys go to, to attempt to prove your point. I will say this eventually, eventually you will be right. Miggy is bound to have a better year than Utley eventually. I think.

The Cow
Give Snakes his due!!!! Snakes deserves the fantasy expert icon!!! Go Snakes!!!!
The Cow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:48 pm

yeah if you've checked their performance as of late, you'll see that miggy has outplayed utley. right now, it's what have you done for me lately. i'll take miggy rest of the year over utley.

if you're just pointing out the fact who was a better pick in march, yeah it looks like utley right now but if i'm trading for one of them, it's obviously miggy.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:06 pm

BitterDodgerFan wrote:yeah if you've checked their performance as of late, you'll see that miggy has outplayed utley. right now, it's what have you done for me lately. i'll take miggy rest of the year over utley.

if you're just pointing out the fact who was a better pick in march, yeah it looks like utley right now but if i'm trading for one of them, it's obviously miggy.

Completely agree. Their splits since the All-Star break aren't close. Miggy - 7 HR, 32 RBI & .348 AVG...Utley - 3 HR, 9 RBI & .263 AVG.

This is certainly a poorly timed thread.
"Don't take anything for granted, because tomorrow is not promised to any of us." ---Kirby Puckett
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby TheA'sFatLeadoffMan » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:43 pm

According to Baseball Monster Miggy has be more valuable 1 of the last 2 years in your basic 5x5 league, of course Utley was injured that year, but the previous year Utley was only 4 spots better. I don't see how you can paint it as if Utley is dominating Miggy, his value at the end of the year this year will be better because of Miggy's slow start, but this race is still tight in a #'s standpoint, the fact that Miggy has been moved to the more power filled 1B continues to help the Utley scarcity aspect, but from pure #'s these guys can be a toss up, with Miggy having the potential to develop more power.
TheA'sFatLeadoffMan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby rjforlife » Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:05 pm

The Cow wrote:So despite Utley having the better numbers once again, at least 2 years running if you are keeping track at home, Miggy was somehow still the better fantasy pick this year? Wow! The length you guys go to, to attempt to prove your point. I will say this eventually, eventually you will be right. Miggy is bound to have a better year than Utley eventually. I think.

The Cow

What is your problem? Why did you start a thread taunting people that supported Cabrera and then try to rile everyone up by being a sarcastic? This thread adds nothing to anyones baseball knowledge and was only created so you could start something.....well done.

Mod Edited
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 765)

Postby bigken117 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:15 pm

The Cow wrote:Where is Miggy's cafe following now?

Still here.
Ranked 10th in Yahoo over the past month.
What's the point of this thread again?
Both are fine players and I'd take either on my team, but starting from scratch I'd still draft Miggy before Utley.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 251)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:58 pm

bigken117 wrote:Both are fine players and I'd take either on my team, but starting from scratch I'd still draft Miggy before Utley.

I'll second that. I don't believe M-Cab's potential has been fully realized yet and it seems that whatever adjustments he's needed to make in hitting in the AL, he has seemed to have made them.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 623)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers