2009 Keepers - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

2009 Keepers

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

2009 Keepers

Postby Tommy John » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:27 pm

Take it for what it is worth but I vultured this article from Cockraft at ESPN. A good article for those looking to build their team for next year.

Tristan's Top 100 keepers
My keeper rankings are based primarily on forecasted 2009 value, but also account for long-term potential. I'd break it down as something like 75 percent the player's 2009 projection, 25 percent the player's prospects for 2010 and beyond.

1. Hanley Ramirez, SS, Marlins
2. Alex Rodriguez, 3B, Yankees
3. Albert Pujols, 1B, Cardinals
4. David Wright, 3B, Mets
5. Grady Sizemore, OF, Indians
6. Chase Utley, 2B, Phillies
7. Ryan Braun, OF, Brewers
8. Jose Reyes, SS, Mets
9. Josh Hamilton, OF, Rangers
10. Matt Holliday, OF, Rockies
11. Miguel Cabrera, 1B, Tigers
12. Carl Crawford, OF, Rays
13. Johan Santana, SP, Mets
14. Ryan Howard, 1B, Phillies
15. Evan Longoria, 3B, Rays
16. Lance Berkman, 1B, Astros
17. Prince Fielder, 1B, Brewers
18. Ian Kinsler, 2B, Rangers
19. Nick Markakis, OF, Orioles
20. Mark Teixeira, 1B, Angels
21. Ichiro Suzuki, OF, Mariners
22. Tim Lincecum, SP, Giants
23. Brandon Phillips, 2B, Reds
24. B.J. Upton, OF, Rays
25. Brandon Webb, SP, Diamondbacks
26. Matt Kemp, OF, Dodgers
27. Jake Peavy, SP, Padres
28. Carlos Beltran, OF, Mets
29. Curtis Granderson, OF, Tigers
30. Justin Morneau, 1B, Twins
31. Alfonso Soriano, OF, Cubs
32. Adrian Gonzalez, 1B, Padres
33. Carlos Lee, OF, Astros
34. Cole Hamels, SP, Phillies
35. Jimmy Rollins, SS, Phillies
36. Brian Roberts, 2B, Orioles
37. Hunter Pence, OF, Astros
38. Dan Haren, SP, Diamondbacks
39. David Ortiz, DH, Red Sox
40. Corey Hart, OF, Brewers
41. Geovany Soto, C, Cubs
42. CC Sabathia, SP, Brewers
43. Derrek Lee, 1B, Cubs
44. Russell Martin, C, Dodgers
45. Jacoby Ellsbury, OF, Red Sox
46. Scott Kazmir, SP, Rays
47. Aramis Ramirez, 3B, Cubs
48. Jason Bay, OF, Red Sox
49. Michael Young, SS, Rangers
50. Vladimir Guerrero, OF, Angels
51. Chad Billingsley, SP, Dodgers
52. Alex Rios, OF, Blue Jays
53. Josh Beckett, SP, Red Sox
54. James Loney, 1B, Dodgers
55. Robinson Cano, 2B, Yankees
56. John Lackey, SP, Angels
57. Garrett Atkins, 3B/1B, Rockies
58. Brian McCann, C, Braves
59. Jonathan Papelbon, RP, Red Sox
60. Roy Halladay, SP, Blue Jays
61. Manny Ramirez, OF, Dodgers
62. Francisco Rodriguez, RP, Angels
63. Justin Verlander, SP, Tigers
64. Dan Uggla, 2B, Marlins
65. Carlos Quentin, OF, White Sox
66. Matt Cain, SP, Giants
67. Joe Mauer, C, Twins
68. Joba Chamberlain, SP, Yankees
69. Troy Tulowitzki, SS, Rockies
70. Felix Hernandez, SP, Mariners
71. Carlos Pena, 1B, Rays
72. Ervin Santana, SP, Angels
73. Chone Figgins, 3B, Angels
74. Magglio Ordonez, OF, Tigers
75. Joe Nathan, RP, Twins
76. Edinson Volquez, SP, Reds
77. James Shields, SP, Rays
78. Alex Gordon, 3B, Royals
79. Torii Hunter, OF, Angels
80. Carlos Zambrano, SP, Cubs
81. Chipper Jones, 3B, Braves
82. Howie Kendrick, 2B, Angels
83. Daisuke Matsuzaka, SP, Red Sox
84. Jay Bruce, OF, Reds
85. Francisco Liriano, SP, Twins
86. Adam Dunn, OF, Reds
87. Joakim Soria, RP, Royals
88. Joey Votto, 1B, Reds
89. Chris Young, OF, Diamondbacks
90. Jon Lester, SP, Red Sox
91. Victor Martinez, C, Indians
92. Ben Sheets, SP, Brewers
93. Bobby Abreu, OF, Yankees
94. Carlos Guillen, 3B/1B, Tigers
95. Yovani Gallardo, SP, Brewers
96. Ryan Zimmerman, 3B, Nationals
97. Jermaine Dye, OF, White Sox
98. Conor Jackson, 1B/OF, Diamondbacks
99. Jonathan Broxton, RP, Dodgers
100. Dustin Pedroia, 2B, Red Sox

It's noble to do everything you can to win a championship, but as a keeper-league veteran, let me assure you, you cannot possibly win every season. (If you are somehow doing this, find yourself a more competitive league.) Player values change too rapidly, and decisions that you make impact your team over a much longer period of time.

That's why it's almost as integral a trait of a keeper-league owner to know when you're beat, as it might be possible to be able to make the moves to get you to the top in the future. This isn't a redraft league, where once you're out of the running, you can turn your attention to football, basketball or hockey, or go hibernate with the "other" Yogi. Once your current season is for all intents and purposes done, your work for 2009 has already started.

So with most keeper-league trade deadlines right around the corner -- mine are generally around Sept. 1 -- I challenge you: Check your team's standings, and I mean in detail. Do you have a shot at a title? Or is it a hopeless cause? (I suggest you really do the math, not make a from-the-gut guess.)

If it's time to complete the Yogi quote and declare "it's over," then this column is for you.

August presents most owners their final chance to turn over roster spots for 2009; that gives you only 23 days to unload any worthwhile non-keeper commodity, while scoring bargains, prospects and next-year sleepers in exchange.

But whom should you target? You'll see my top 100 keeper list on the right. If you've got the rental parts to deal to a contender in exchange for one of those top-flight studs, by all means, take your best shot. I'm of the mind that you aim for the best player you can get in any deal. On the other hand, I think Shawn Peters made an excellent point that we're running up against deadlines at this stage of the season, so don't mess around.

That's why when I'm thinking keepers, I'm often looking at guys with high ceilings whom you might be able to sneak through on the cheap. Names like the ones below. No, you won't find a Francisco Liriano, David Price or Matt Wieters on the list. Those are obvious names, youngsters everyone knows will be great, ones you'll have to pay a steep bounty to acquire. Instead, the following are guys whose recent performance or health problems might have cast some doubt in people's minds about their future value, but have the potential to break through once again next year.

Chris Carpenter, SP, Cardinals: He's a risk I am willing to take, and it might be because I have a lot of faith in manager Tony La Russa and pitching coach Dave Duncan. Feel free to add "magicians" to their titles. Seriously, who doesn't turn into gold under their watch? Carpenter, simply put, brings substantially greater talent to the table than any of the Cardinals' other pitching finds of the past couple seasons, and so far, he's looking pretty decent for a guy fresh off Tommy John surgery. The list of pitchers who have mounted massive comeback seasons in their second seasons after recovering from that operation is somewhat lengthy, but few of the names have the track record of Carpenter. He might be risk/reward for 2009, but that'll depress his trade price tag today, and he's in a situation that greatly increases his chances of reward.

Manuel Corpas, RP, Rockies: Not that I think it's smart to build a keeper list around closers, but if you need a dirt-cheap trade target almost assured of being in that role next Opening Day, Corpas is your man. Brian Fuentes is a free agent, and with the Rockies having already signed Corpas to a four-year, $8.025 million contract (that could increase in value to six years, $22.775 million), the latter will get a long look in the spring. By the way, Corpas hasn't pitched poorly at all of late, with a 1.42 ERA, 0.89 WHIP and .225 batting average allowed in his past 19 appearances.

Stephen Drew, SS, Diamondbacks: This one has nothing to do with a belief Drew is going to develop into a fantasy mega-stud. It has everything to do with the future of the position. Within two years, the cream of the shortstop crop might be Hanley Ramirez -- if he's not shifted due to his so-so defense -- Jose Reyes, Troy Tulowitzki and ... Drew, a very good, even if not exceptional, talent. All of his numbers except batting average are right in line with his rookie year in 2006, and that 2006 number (.316) was driven by an unreal .394 batting average on balls in play. And if you think back to 2006, most felt Drew was a player who could bat in the .290 range with 25-, maybe 30-homer power at his peak. If he's a .278 hitter on pace for 19 homers this year, I don't see why at age 26 in 2009 he couldn't bat, say, .285 with 25 long balls. I don't know about you, but I'd call that a top-five fantasy shortstop, but he'll cost you much, much less than that today.

Scott Rovak/US Presswire

A freak knee injury cut Yovani Gallardo's 2008 short, but he's been very effective when healthy.
Yovani Gallardo, SP, Brewers: This might seem an obvious pick, but then the guy has made only three starts all season, and his disabled-list status could have some doubting his ability to bounce back in 2009. Count me among the faithful. Gallardo's surgery was on his knee, not his pitching arm, and it was as a result of a fluke in-game incident, not normal wear and tear. He hasn't even ruled himself out entirely for 2008, despite conventional wisdom suggesting ACL surgery is a season-ender. That might seem foolish, but I read it differently; I see it as drive and determination in the player to rehabilitate himself to a high level, knowing his team is in a pennant chase (though I admit, I'd prefer he didn't actually appear in a game). Either way, Gallardo should be fine in the spring, and so far in his career, when he has been healthy, he has been excellent.

Alex Gordon, 3B, Royals: When a player ranks as a disappointment in back-to-back seasons to begin his career, a stigma seems to build around him. Fantasy owners -- many of them terribly impatient -- tend to think, "Is this it?" In Gordon's case, the problem is the expectations were wholly unrealistic entering 2007, though over the long haul they might yet be right on target. Gordon's walk rate has improved, up from one per 14.6 plate appearances in 2007 to one per 8.6 this year, both his line-drive and fly-ball rates are up slightly from last season and his isolated power in his first two seasons has been practically identical. In other words, while it might seem like he's spinning his wheels, Gordon subtly is learning, developing, growing. What I see is that he'll be 25 years old and with more than 300 career games under his belt, in all likelihood, entering 2009. That's often just the right experience level for a player to begin to really flourish as a hitter.

Phil Hughes, SP, Yankees: Remember this guy? Hughes has been somewhat forgotten in fantasy, thanks to being overshadowed by Joba Chamberlain's successful transition to the rotation (current shoulder injury notwithstanding) and his terrible April before hitting the disabled list with a stress fracture in his rib cage. Hey, at least it wasn't an arm problem, which is better than we can say for Chamberlain. Hughes is on the comeback trail, having tossed 6 2/3 scoreless innings with a .136 batting average allowed in two rehabilitation starts for Class A Charleston, and now he's at Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, finishing his rehab. It might not be long before people are saying, "Oh yeah, that Hughes guy, he was supposed to be pretty good, right?" That's why now is prime time -- and I mean career-wise, not necessarily for 2008 -- to snatch Hughes up on the cheap. His value could not possibly be lower, and the brief glimpses we saw of him in 2007 demonstrate a ceiling of top-of-the-rotation potential, with his floor no worse than middle-of-the-rotation. In fact, I'd put the odds at about 50/50 that he offers at least those No. 3/4 starter-type numbers in 2009, with the 50-percent against almost entirely a result of health concerns. And that's a chance well worth taking.

Adam Jones, OF, Orioles: It's entirely possible that his season is over due to his fractured left foot, and even if it's not, it'd be shocking to see him back in action before Sept. 1. Either way, a contending keeper-league team can't afford to wait four-plus weeks on a player on pace for 10 home runs, 12 stolen bases and fewer than 80 RBIs or runs scored. That's the bad with Jones; the good is that he possesses both power and speed upside, maybe as much as double those numbers in 2009.

Kevin Slowey, SP, Twins: I'm pretty big on pitchers with extraordinary minor league statistics, and Slowey sure had them, with a 1.94 ERA and 0.85 WHIP for his career. Plus, he has made some important strides this season, most notably cutting his home runs from 2.16 per nine innings a year ago to 1.31. Now, if he can only get that number even halfway from there to his 0.49 minor league number, we'd have a potential ace on our hands. I see Slowey's 1.10 WHIP and wonder whether keeper-league owners know how rapidly this guy is developing. He might be a low-WHIP 2009 sleeper like Dave Bush was in 2007 ... only Slowey will actually make good on the forecast.

Jim McIsaac/Getty Images

Justin Upton is still a little raw, he's got the potential to be a superstar.
Justin Upton, OF, Diamondbacks: Of all the names on my list, he's the one I'm least bullish on for 2009; that is, for 2009 alone. For 2010 and beyond, he might qualify as the one I find most appealing, so take that for what it's worth, depending on your league's keeper system. Upton is a future MVP candidate, and was deemed the No. 2 prospect in the game by Baseball America in 2006, behind only Delmon Young. By the way, look at Young; he's averaging nearly 60 at-bats per home run (58.7) for his career. Upton? He's at 32.1, noticeably better, despite being 23 months younger. He's a little ways away from reaching his statistical peak, but he's going to get there sooner than Young. When that happens, he'll cost you certain first-round value. But today, there's a chance he'd cost you the relatively cheap price of a seven-week rental.

Ryan Zimmerman, 3B, Nationals: People are beginning to forget about this guy, partly because he has missed so much time with a shoulder injury, partly because he slipped somewhat statistically in 2007 from his stellar rookie-year numbers, and partly because he plays on a team that, frankly, has been awful. As such, it's easy to forget that this kid is still 23 (he'll turn 24 on Sept. 28), with a lot of career ahead of him. A winter's rest -- or perhaps surgery with a mere 3-4 month recovery period -- should do him worlds of good, and really, this is a franchise talent most people treat like a short-term fix. Folks, this is the worst it gets with Zimmerman. Maybe he's not a perennial MVP candidate, but those Brooks Robinson comparisons are not at all unfair.

Tristan H. Cockcroft covers fantasy sports for ESPN.com. You can e-mail him here.
Tommy John
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2009 Keepers

Postby swens » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:14 pm

Where would you have Aaron Harang?
swens
T-Ball Trainer

Postby Field » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:17 pm

Some quick comments:

Tommy John wrote:Take it for what it is worth but I vultured this article from Cockraft at ESPN. A good article for those looking to build their team for next year.

Tristan's Top 100 keepers
My keeper rankings are based primarily on forecasted 2009 value, but also account for long-term potential. I'd break it down as something like 75 percent the player's 2009 projection, 25 percent the player's prospects for 2010 and beyond.

1. Hanley Ramirez, SS, Marlins - I would still take ARod first even though I couldn't argue with the Hanley selection
2. Alex Rodriguez, 3B, Yankees
3. Albert Pujols, 1B, Cardinals The top 3 are locked-in IMO
4. David Wright, 3B, Mets
5. Grady Sizemore, OF, Indians Too high for Grady, I wouldn't take a player this high who could hurt me in the AVG category
6. Chase Utley, 2B, Phillies
7. Ryan Braun, OF, Brewers - I would put Braun even with Wright
8. Jose Reyes, SS, Mets
9. Josh Hamilton, OF, Rangers
10. Matt Holliday, OF, Rockies - I also have Hamilton ahead of Holliday who has trade concerns
11. Miguel Cabrera, 1B, Tigers
12. Carl Crawford, OF, Rays
13. Johan Santana, SP, Mets - Despite his consistency in a keeper league, this is too high.
14. Ryan Howard, 1B, Phillies
15. Evan Longoria, 3B, Rays
16. Lance Berkman, 1B, Astros
17. Prince Fielder, 1B, Brewers - I would rather have Fielder than Berkman and Howard. Howard is very likely to hurt your average despite his power superiority
18. Ian Kinsler, 2B, Rangers
19. Nick Markakis, OF, Orioles
20. Mark Teixeira, 1B, Angels
21. Ichiro Suzuki, OF, Mariners - Lower
22. Tim Lincecum, SP, Giants
23. Brandon Phillips, 2B, Reds
24. B.J. Upton, OF, Rays -I'm glad Upton is still getting some support, I am still extermely high on him in a keeper
25. Brandon Webb, SP, Diamondbacks
26. Matt Kemp, OF, Dodgers
27. Jake Peavy, SP, Padres Peavy should be higher. Why the 2 round disparity between him and Johan :-?
28. Carlos Beltran, OF, Mets
29. Curtis Granderson, OF, Tigers - Too high
30. Justin Morneau, 1B, Twins
31. Alfonso Soriano, OF, Cubs - I think he should be higher
32. Adrian Gonzalez, 1B, Padres
33. Carlos Lee, OF, Astros
34. Cole Hamels, SP, Phillies
35. Jimmy Rollins, SS, Phillies
36. Brian Roberts, 2B, Orioles
37. Hunter Pence, OF, Astros :-?
38. Dan Haren, SP, Diamondbacks Haren is a good pitcher but this is too high
39. David Ortiz, DH, Red Sox
40. Corey Hart, OF, Brewers
41. Geovany Soto, C, Cubs :-?
42. CC Sabathia, SP, Brewers Probably should be higher given where other pitchers are ranked
43. Derrek Lee, 1B, Cubs
44. Russell Martin, C, Dodgers
45. Jacoby Ellsbury, OF, Red Sox Too high
46. Scott Kazmir, SP, Rays
47. Aramis Ramirez, 3B, Cubs
48. Jason Bay, OF, Red Sox
49. Michael Young, SS, Rangers too high
50. Vladimir Guerrero, OF, Angels
51. Chad Billingsley, SP, Dodgers Bills getting some props
52. Alex Rios, OF, Blue Jays
53. Josh Beckett, SP, Red Sox
54. James Loney, 1B, Dodgers :-?
55. Robinson Cano, 2B, Yankees
56. John Lackey, SP, Angels
57. Garrett Atkins, 3B/1B, Rockies
58. Brian McCann, C, Braves
59. Jonathan Papelbon, RP, Red Sox
60. Roy Halladay, SP, Blue Jays
61. Manny Ramirez, OF, Dodgers
62. Francisco Rodriguez, RP, Angels
63. Justin Verlander, SP, Tigers
64. Dan Uggla, 2B, Marlins
65. Carlos Quentin, OF, White Sox Move up to the Hart territory
66. Matt Cain, SP, Giants
67. Joe Mauer, C, Twins
68. Joba Chamberlain, SP, Yankees
69. Troy Tulowitzki, SS, Rockies
70. Felix Hernandez, SP, Mariners I like the value here
71. Carlos Pena, 1B, Rays
72. Ervin Santana, SP, Angels
73. Chone Figgins, 3B, Angels
74. Magglio Ordonez, OF, Tigers
75. Joe Nathan, RP, Twins
76. Edinson Volquez, SP, Reds
77. James Shields, SP, Rays
78. Alex Gordon, 3B, Royals too high. he hasn't proven that he can hit MLB pitching consistently yet
79. Torii Hunter, OF, Angels too high
80. Carlos Zambrano, SP, Cubs
81. Chipper Jones, 3B, Braves
82. Howie Kendrick, 2B, Angels top 100 in a keeper? not for me
83. Daisuke Matsuzaka, SP, Red Sox
84. Jay Bruce, OF, Reds
85. Francisco Liriano, SP, Twins
86. Adam Dunn, OF, Reds probably too low
87. Joakim Soria, RP, Royals
88. Joey Votto, 1B, Reds somewhat over-rated because of his youth
89. Chris Young, OF, Diamondbacks
90. Jon Lester, SP, Red Sox
91. Victor Martinez, C, Indians
92. Ben Sheets, SP, Brewers
93. Bobby Abreu, OF, Yankees
94. Carlos Guillen, 3B/1B, Tigers Too high, Youk should probably be included in a top 100 due to his production this year
95. Yovani Gallardo, SP, Brewers
96. Ryan Zimmerman, 3B, Nationals
97. Jermaine Dye, OF, White Sox too high for a keeper
98. Conor Jackson, 1B/OF, Diamondbacks :-?
99. Jonathan Broxton, RP, Dodgers
100. Dustin Pedroia, 2B, Red Sox
Field
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby Snakes Gould » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:36 pm

i want to know when carl crawford will finally be moved down around the 4th or 5th round where he belongs.

im not taking pujols over wright in a keeper either.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RedSoxNation04 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:27 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:i want to know when carl crawford will finally be moved down around the 4th or 5th round where he belongs.

Go ahead and take Wright, I'll take Pujols easily in a keeper...what's not to like? First base is deep, but Pujols is head and shoulders above the rest of the crowd. This is no knock on Wright, especially with Braun losing 3B eligibility, but Pujols is an easy pick for me.
RedSoxNation04
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby Snakes Gould » Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:38 pm

RedSoxNation04 wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:i want to know when carl crawford will finally be moved down around the 4th or 5th round where he belongs.

what's not to like? First base is deep Pujols is head and shoulders above the rest of the crowd.

theres one of the reasons. his overall numbers seem to be down from his normals this year as well as last. thats 2 years in a row where hes been subpar for his standards. unless he goes on a huge power surge this last month and a half i see another 35 hr year. still very good, but what makes him any different than matt holliday, who id also take over him. granted if holliday leaves colorado, id rethink it. add on the fact that pujols has a pretty serious injury hes been fighting through and could decide hes had enough and get the surgery, ill pass. i would ridicule anyone for doing it, but that early in any draft, i dont want to take any risks. (also, his runs and rbi's arent what they used to be either.)

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RedSoxNation04 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:44 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:
RedSoxNation04 wrote:

what's not to like? First base is deep Pujols is head and shoulders above the rest of the crowd.

theres one of the reasons. his overall numbers seem to be down from his normals this year as well as last. thats 2 years in a row where hes been subpar for his standards. unless he goes on a huge power surge this last month and a half i see another 35 hr year. still very good, but what makes him any different than matt holliday, who id also take over him. granted if holliday leaves colorado, id rethink it. add on the fact that pujols has a pretty serious injury hes been fighting through and could decide hes had enough and get the surgery, ill pass. i would ridicule anyone for doing it, but that early in any draft, i dont want to take any risks. (also, his runs and rbi's arent what they used to be either.)

Can't argue with you on the injury part as its definitely something that has to be taken into consideration, but considering that it was supposed to derail him this year and he is once again putting up an MVP campaign, I'm inclined to think he's okay. Of course, time will tell.

As for Holliday, I would probably pass on him for '09 knowing that he's more than likely leaving Colorado. Doesn't mean he won't keep putting up awesome numbers in a new park, especially one that might be hitter-friendly, but I would be inclined to pass on him depending on draft position and available players on the board. Like you said, I don't want to take too many risks with my first rounder.
RedSoxNation04
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby Snakes Gould » Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:52 am

so if you do consider pujols's injury a risk, then you're essentially agreeing with me. ;-D

SIGS!

Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby jfg » Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:14 am

Soriano is way too low. You don't downgrade a guy for aging until he shows signs he can't do it anymore. Soriano can still do it. He might have had an injury but he's come back strong and you should never predict injuries because they can happen to anyone. He should be at the very least 10 spots higher.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 85)

Postby Yoda » Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:23 am

jfg wrote:Soriano is way too low. You don't downgrade a guy for aging until he shows signs he can't do it anymore. Soriano can still do it. He might have had an injury but he's come back strong and you should never predict injuries because they can happen to anyone. He should be at the very least 10 spots higher.

The only thing about Soriano is that he's getting banged up lately. He still has the talent but as he gets older, he will run less and injuries won't stop. I still think that he is a top 20 keep though.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers