Carlos Lee... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Carlos Lee...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Carlos Lee...

Postby kab21 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:46 pm

BALCO All-Stars wrote:
DaShiz23 wrote:someone offered me Howard/Chipper for Tex/C. Lee hours before the injury. The offer is still on the table. Do I jump on it, or is that poor etiquete?

Poor etiquette...but I'm surprised it hasn't been cancelled yet.

It would be bush league to accept. I think I would veto a trade like this if the player was injured before the trade was accepted.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 170)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby zippytrash » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:09 pm

BitterDodgerFan wrote:dang, its real tempting to trade for lee and crawford in keeper leagues...

if i didn't own both of them, i'd be doing the same thing :-C
Here's to you, Mr. Robinson. Jesus loves you more than you Cano.
zippytrash
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Ranker

Postby pappymojo » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:52 pm

From Yahoo...

Mon, Aug 11 Lee (fractured pinkie) underwent successful season-ending surgery on Monday, the Houston Chronicle reports.

Recommendation: It turns out that Lee actually had six fractures in his pinkie, rather than three as it was initially believed. Although his season is over, Lee's doctor said that he doesn't believe that a second operation will be necessary so he should have a full offseason to rehab and recover all of his grip strength in time for the start of the 2009 campaign.

I dropped Lee for Vernon Wells and picked up Raul Ibanez as well.
pappymojo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Maris09 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:51 pm

I grabbed Milledge and Cameron for a platoon. Ah well....at least I gained a little speed for my droppoff in Avg, HR, RBI..... :-D
Maris09
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Trebor » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:36 pm

pappymojo wrote:From Yahoo...

Mon, Aug 11 Lee (fractured pinkie) underwent successful season-ending surgery on Monday, the Houston Chronicle reports.

Recommendation: It turns out that Lee actually had six fractures in his pinkie, rather than three as it was initially believed. Although his season is over, Lee's doctor said that he doesn't believe that a second operation will be necessary so he should have a full offseason to rehab and recover all of his grip strength in time for the start of the 2009 campaign.

I dropped Lee for Vernon Wells and picked up Raul Ibanez as well.

yeah its weird, this Yahoo news blurb is the only 1 i can find with the words "season ending" contained. all other news blurbs say 6-8 weeks, and season "may be" over. 6 weeks would put his return in middle of our H2H 2-week championship. i hope Yahoo is right, cause I already dropped him :-o
Trebor
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby APAP » Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:32 am

zippytrash wrote:dang, its real tempting to trade for lee and crawford in keeper leagues...

Definitely the way to go and Id definitely reccomend doing this if you can get it. Especially if the Lee owner is in 1st or second place and wants to compete this year, he may settle for less then fair value for Lee. In my Dynasty, the 1st place team in my division just lost Lee and was desperately looking for a pitcher and hitter for the stretch run and I was able to come away with Lee for Adam Dunn and Paul Maholm. If youre rebuilding for next year like I was, going after Lee to buy low on him for next year is something I think is definitely worth looking into.
Thanks to soty for this sig
APAP
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby coleman1027 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:29 pm

pappymojo wrote:From Yahoo...

So he Lee is out for the year????? I don't have a DL in my head to head league, I was thinking he might make it back for the playoffs, which I have clinched.......If he's out I could use that spot for a 2 start pitcher........
coleman1027
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby ScReWBaLLL » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:39 am

It looks like he is out for the year. But if you've already clinched the playoffs, I don't see how it would hurt too much to wait to make certain. If you want a better playoff seed badly I would go for the 2-start pitcher though.

MISSION 28
ScReWBaLLL
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates