Carlos Lee... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Carlos Lee...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Carlos Lee...

Postby BALCO All-Stars » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:50 am

DaShiz23 wrote:someone offered me Howard/Chipper for Tex/C. Lee hours before the injury. The offer is still on the table. Do I jump on it, or is that poor etiquete?

Poor etiquette...but I'm surprised it hasn't been cancelled yet.
BALCO All-Stars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby duckbillgates » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:26 am

Those looking to deal with losing Lee should see if Garrett Anderson is available in their league (70 percent owned in Sportsline). A lot less power potential, but he's driving in a ton of runs right now, and he was nuts after the break last year (.305, 13 HR, 65 RBI).

This is a huge loss. I was just about to start a thread about whether Lee might be a late-first-round pick in some leagues next year.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."
— Douglas Adams (1952-2001)
duckbillgates
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Cabby » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:41 am

duckbillgates wrote:Those looking to deal with losing Lee should see if Garrett Anderson is available in their league (70 percent owned in Sportsline). A lot less power potential, but he's driving in a ton of runs right now, and he was nuts after the break last year (.305, 13 HR, 65 RBI).

This is a huge loss. I was just about to start a thread about whether Lee might be a late-first-round pick in some leagues next year.

I have Lee and this really hurts my chances of doing well in the playoffs which start tomorrow. I have kept Anderson on my bench all year waiting for his second half breakout, will likely be taking Lee's spot. Either Anderson or Rowand will have to step up. After finishing first in the regular season of my keeper league, losing Lee definately hurts considering he was just starting to heat up again.
Cabby
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby DbacksRback » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:48 am

BALCO All-Stars wrote:
DaShiz23 wrote:someone offered me Howard/Chipper for Tex/C. Lee hours before the injury. The offer is still on the table. Do I jump on it, or is that poor etiquete?

it is poor etiquette but it is the managers fault for not cancelling. Unless this guy is your best friend i would accept }:-) You gotta do what you gotta do ;-D

DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 57)

Postby Maris09 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:06 pm

DbacksRback wrote:
BALCO All-Stars wrote:

it is poor etiquette but it is the managers fault for not cancelling. Unless this guy is your best friend i would accept }:-) You gotta do what you gotta do ;-D

I heard that if a player is out for the year while a trade is pending that Yahoo will cancel it.

Anyone ever had that happen?
Maris09
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 8)

Postby wildbill » Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:19 pm

DbacksRback wrote:
BALCO All-Stars wrote:

I guess you enjoy stealing candy from babies too. Look it's a weekend, lots of people are busy doing other things on weekends. Some people even go away on weekends. The point is the person may not be in a position where they can cancel the trade offer. To accept the trade unless you know the other person has been online and did not take it off the table is in very poor taste.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Ursa » Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:20 pm

wildbill wrote:I guess you enjoy stealing candy from babies too. Look it's a weekend, lots of people are busy doing other things on weekends. Some people even go away on weekends. The point is the person may not be in a position where they can cancel the trade offer. To accept the trade unless you know the other person has been online and did not take it off the table is in very poor taste.

I agree completely unless it's a keeper league in which case the offering owner, maybe out of contention, might want to still do it.
Ursa
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby BALCO All-Stars » Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:44 pm

Maris09 wrote:I heard that if a player is out for the year while a trade is pending that Yahoo will cancel it.

Anyone ever had that happen?

Nope...I just did a big trade to get Carlos Lee and it still went through as of today, so Yahoo did not cancel it...
BALCO All-Stars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)

Postby Ursa » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:12 pm

ataraxia wrote:Yahoo won't let me drop Carlos Lee...

Lee has been removed from the Can't Cut list
Ursa
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:35 pm

dang, its real tempting to trade for lee and crawford in keeper leagues...
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates