Braun (8-9-08) - Lower Back Tightness - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Braun (8-9-08) - Lower Back Tightness

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Braun (8-9-08) - Lower Back Tightness

Postby The Artful Dodger » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:48 pm

haymarket wrote:They just mentioned on the Braves telecast that Braun has been placed on the DL. I haven't seen anything on the internet yet, but I thought I would pass that along.

EDIT: After searching some Brewer message boards and other sites, I believe that the Braves announcers had some bad info. Sorry if I alarmed anyone.

Yeah, Yost and Braun himself were just about confident that a DL stint wasn't needed.

So, the latest is that Braun has been taking some swings and could return Friday with tomorrow being an off day. It seems like the rib cage tightness is going to affect him from here on out though.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby devastor » Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:06 am

a double, RBI single and a stolen base. I'll take that for this first day back ;-)
devastor
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Rman3911 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:21 pm

Ok, so I said it last Sunday, I'll say it again. Do we start Braun this week? Seems like some days he's just going to sit out, or go like he did today, 0-5, and possibly still hurting from his back/ribcage. What are we doing people?
Rman3911
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby mblax10 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:39 pm

Rman3911 wrote:Ok, so I said it last Sunday, I'll say it again. Do we start Braun this week? Seems like some days he's just going to sit out, or go like he did today, 0-5, and possibly still hurting from his back/ribcage. What are we doing people?

You can't be serious. Did you not see what he did Fri or Sat? If he's not 100%, he's close. If you have a good enough team that you can consider benching Braun, than it dosen't really matter who you start.
mblax10
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Rman3911 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:35 am

mblax10 wrote:
Rman3911 wrote:Ok, so I said it last Sunday, I'll say it again. Do we start Braun this week? Seems like some days he's just going to sit out, or go like he did today, 0-5, and possibly still hurting from his back/ribcage. What are we doing people?

You can't be serious. Did you not see what he did Fri or Sat? If he's not 100%, he's close. If you have a good enough team that you can consider benching Braun, than it dosen't really matter who you start.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't he hit a homerun the day before he was pulled because of the same injury? I saw what he did when he hit his homerun last Sunday, and I saw what happened all of last week, he mostly sat. So if I have a hotter option, and if he's going to sit a few games this week, then yes, I'll go with the hotter option. SHIP IT
Rman3911
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby mblax10 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:50 am

Rman3911 wrote:
mblax10 wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't he hit a homerun the day before he was pulled because of the same injury? I saw what he did when he hit his homerun last Sunday, and I saw what happened all of last week, he mostly sat. So if I have a hotter option, and if he's going to sit a few games this week, then yes, I'll go with the hotter option. SHIP IT

How did the "Hotter Option" work out for you?
mblax10
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates