Yahoo Question - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo Question

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yahoo Question

Postby markj11 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:40 am

How do you view all messages?
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2112
Joined: 3 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Wright here

Re: Yahoo Question

Postby Old_Style » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:43 am

Go to the league page, scroll down to recent messages, click on the view all link?
Image
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 6885
Joined: 24 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: at the last neighborhood corner tavern

Re: Yahoo Question

Postby markj11 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:38 am

Old_Style wrote:Go to the league page, scroll down to recent messages, click on the view all link?


That shows the last 100.
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2112
Joined: 3 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Wright here

Re: Yahoo Question

Postby Inukchuk » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:41 am

It sucks, but it only holds the 100 most recent.
Image
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4014
Joined: 24 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Re: Yahoo Question

Postby markj11 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:43 am

Inukchuk wrote:It sucks, but it only holds the 100 most recent.


Ouch. Maybe it should say "view last 100" instead of "view all"... liars.
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2112
Joined: 3 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Wright here

Re: Yahoo Question

Postby T-Bone Costanza » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:33 am

You guys are lucky, my league has had maybe 10 messages all year.
T-Bone Costanza
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 398
Joined: 29 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Queens, performing The Feats of Strength

Re: Yahoo Question

Postby Bwanna » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:01 pm

markj11 wrote:
Inukchuk wrote:It sucks, but it only holds the 100 most recent.


Ouch. Maybe it should say "view last 100" instead of "view all"... liars.


Yeah, I really wish they would improve league message boards as much as they are used. I wish they would allow you to associate a Yahoo Group (http://groups.yahoo.com) with each league. Those would be a huge improvement over the current implementation.

(Genie are you listening? ;D)
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
Posts: 5650
(Past Year: 254)
Joined: 27 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Yahoo Question

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:13 pm

i don't know why they automatically delete old messages beyond 100. this has caused some problems in some leagues where we tried to go back to pick out a statement made by a manager.

genie, if you're reading this, please let them know we'd like to have all the posts saved.

also, would it be too much to ask for a more robust message board so that we can edit posts and do all those fun things we can do on other boards?
Image
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 6508
Joined: 18 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: City of Grigori

Re: Yahoo Question

Postby dclark0699 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:17 pm

BitterDodgerFan wrote:i don't know why they automatically delete old messages beyond 100. this has caused some problems in some leagues where we tried to go back to pick out a statement made by a manager.

genie, if you're reading this, please let them know we'd like to have all the posts saved.

also, would it be too much to ask for a more robust message board so that we can edit posts and do all those fun things we can do on other boards?


Editing a post is something that is really needed. I can't count the number of times I've had to copy my post, delete the first one, and make a new one just to fix a spelling or grammar mistake.
Image
dclark0699
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1775
Joined: 13 Jan 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Ohio State University

Re: Yahoo Question

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:55 pm

Bwanna wrote:
markj11 wrote:
Inukchuk wrote:It sucks, but it only holds the 100 most recent.


Ouch. Maybe it should say "view last 100" instead of "view all"... liars.


Yeah, I really wish they would improve league message boards as much as they are used. I wish they would allow you to associate a Yahoo Group (http://groups.yahoo.com) with each league. Those would be a huge improvement over the current implementation.

(Genie are you listening? ;D)

Completely agree. League discussions would be a lot easier if the message boards had even basic features. There's not much I don't like about Yahoo Fantasy Baseball, but this is one of the few things I've always been disappointed about.
Image
"Don't take anything for granted, because tomorrow is not promised to any of us." ---Kirby Puckett
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterWeb Supporter
Posts: 4264
Joined: 22 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ensanimal and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Saturday, Sep. 20
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

LA Dodgers at Chi Cubs
(1:05 pm)
Detroit at Kansas City
(1:05 pm)
Toronto at NY Yankees
(4:05 pm)
Philadelphia at Oakland
(4:05 pm)
Arizona at Colorado
(4:10 pm)
Boston at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Milwaukee at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
Chi White Sox at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Cleveland at Minnesota
(7:10 pm)
Washington at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Seattle at Houston
(7:10 pm)
NY Mets at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
Cincinnati at St. Louis
(7:15 pm)
San Francisco at San Diego
(8:40 pm)
Texas at LA Angels
(9:05 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact