vs NY
at TOR
at BOS
at NY
vs BOS
vs MIN
at BAL
at DET

Pretty rough. I'd be surprised if they win the division at this point.

It is very rough with all those away games and home and home's with BOS and NYY, but at the same time neither the Sox nor the Yanks seem to be a lock to chase them down and take over 1st. I'd have to say the AL East is totally up for grabs at this point.
RedSoxNation04
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: H2H leagues

Postby kab21 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:51 pm

RedSoxNation04 wrote:
Yoda wrote:TB's SEP schedule:
vs NY
at TOR
at BOS
at NY
vs BOS
vs MIN
at BAL
at DET

Pretty rough. I'd be surprised if they win the division at this point.

It is very rough with all those away games and home and home's with BOS and NYY, but at the same time neither the Sox nor the Yanks seem to be a lock to chase them down and take over 1st. I'd have to say the AL East is totally up for grabs at this point.

The wild card is even more up for grabs. I expect the White Sox and Twins to both fade some (barely play .500 ball the rest of the season) and the lesser of the two will drop out of the wild card race. Although it's tough to say what to expect from the Rays after losing 2 of their best offensive players, but they do have an 8.5 game lead on the Yanks which is getting pretty substantial. After rambling a bit I think they'll still get wild card IMO.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 159)

Re: H2H leagues

Postby San D » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:12 pm

One of my money leagues is a H2H league where I have been dominating the regular season but getting my !@# kicked in the playoffs. Here are some trends I try to keep in mind.

- Teams in contention play their best hitters more often. A good 30ish year old hitter on a bad team will rest a lot.
- Good young hitters play everyday no matter how good or bad the team is.
- In a league that counts holds, the appearances of a mediocre RP get watered down when the rosters turn to 40.
- In leagues where you can fit them in your cap, having extra pitchers on your roster and being able to plug a SP into a utility type slot for a day is an advantage. At least you know when SP's are going to pitch. You have no idea when a hitter is going to rest.
- If a team is too good and clinches everything already, their best hitters and pitchers rest. This is rare, because there is almost always home field advantage to play for, but it does happen.
- Bad teams with no shot will play their stud prospects in September. It's a crapshoot how well they do.

These trends have been forcibly planted in my head through years of playoff losing. :-D
San D
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers