H2H leagues - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

H2H leagues

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

H2H leagues

Postby Yoda » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:39 pm

Just looking at the September schedules and LA looks really soft.
vs SD
vs ARI
at SD
at COL
at PIT
vs SF
vs SD
at SF

Time to load up on LA pitchers.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Re: H2H leagues

Postby JTWood » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:51 pm

Yoda wrote:Just looking at the September schedules and LA looks really soft.
vs SD
vs ARI
at SD
at COL
at PIT
vs SF
vs SD
at SF

Time to load up on LA pitchers.

With the weighted schedules, wouldn't that be true for any team in the NL West?
Image
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 11508
Joined: 22 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Unincorporated Heaven

Re: H2H leagues

Postby Yoda » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:05 pm

JTWood wrote:
Yoda wrote:Just looking at the September schedules and LA looks really soft.
vs SD
vs ARI
at SD
at COL
at PIT
vs SF
vs SD
at SF

Time to load up on LA pitchers.

With the weighted schedules, wouldn't that be true for any team in the NL West?


True. Still don't want a COL pitcher though.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Re: H2H leagues

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:32 pm

phillies schedule is very easy down the stretch as well.

i dont look too hard into matchups because i think you can find positive and negatives for any team.

"ooo my pitcher faces the giants 3 times down the stretch" but 2 out of the 3 are vs lincecum and the other is cain and you end up going 0-3. its hard to analyze and if you or someone else can do it successfully, more power to you.
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
(Past Year: 65)
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Re: H2H leagues

Postby Yoda » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:34 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:phillies schedule is very easy down the stretch as well.

i dont look too hard into matchups because i think you can find positive and negatives for any team.

"ooo my pitcher faces the giants 3 times down the stretch" but 2 out of the 3 are vs lincecum and the other is cain and you end up going 0-3. its hard to analyze and if you or someone else can do it successfully, more power to you.


I think you still have to look at match ups. More often than not, it works out in your favor.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Re: H2H leagues

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:34 pm

Yoda wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:phillies schedule is very easy down the stretch as well.

i dont look too hard into matchups because i think you can find positive and negatives for any team.

"ooo my pitcher faces the giants 3 times down the stretch" but 2 out of the 3 are vs lincecum and the other is cain and you end up going 0-3. its hard to analyze and if you or someone else can do it successfully, more power to you.


I think you still have to look at match ups. More often than not, it works out in your favor.


i agree you look at matchups on a daily basis, but im not going to plot out the schedules for the next month or two.
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
(Past Year: 65)
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Re: H2H leagues

Postby K_Zone » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:17 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:
Yoda wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:phillies schedule is very easy down the stretch as well.

i dont look too hard into matchups because i think you can find positive and negatives for any team.

"ooo my pitcher faces the giants 3 times down the stretch" but 2 out of the 3 are vs lincecum and the other is cain and you end up going 0-3. its hard to analyze and if you or someone else can do it successfully, more power to you.


I think you still have to look at match ups. More often than not, it works out in your favor.


i agree you look at matchups on a daily basis, but im not going to plot out the schedules for the next month or two.





But the pitcher only has to pitch his game, might not get the win but against those soft lineups the line should be decent. Depending on who's available of course. I couldn't find any options still out on waviers from LAD.
~Keep it in the K Zone~
K_Zone
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 127
Joined: 18 May 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Some smokey room looking at these forums

Re: H2H leagues

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:31 pm

oh i fully agree, and wins are the least important stat i look at, but right now, to plan 8-10 starts from now seems silly to me. usually teams run hot and cold anyway. take the phils...its a great time to play them right now pitching wise, but in a month, i doubt anyone would look at them and say easy matchup.
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
(Past Year: 65)
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Re: H2H leagues

Postby Yoda » Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:39 am

Just picked up Scherzer in my H2H league. He is slated to start on Monday at AAA and barring any set backs, we should see him up by September. AZ has a pretty soft schedule as well.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Re: H2H leagues

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:43 am

why just H2H leagues? lots of roto teams are still in the thick of things, i've been looking for pitchers with easy schedules these days too and i play roto.
Image
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 6508
Joined: 18 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: City of Grigori

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: footballisbetter.com, HotRephoantee, NikkiSixx, wingman3110 and 14 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Apr. 16
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Atlanta at Atlanta
(12:35 pm)
NY Yankees at NY Yankees
(12:35 pm)
Chi Cubs at Chi Cubs
(1:05 pm)
Detroit at Detroit
(1:10 pm)
Cleveland at Cleveland
(3:40 pm)
Washington at Miami
(7:05 pm)
indoors
Seattle at Texas
(7:05 pm)
Kansas City at Houston
(7:08 pm)
Toronto at Minnesota
(7:10 pm)
Boston at Chi White Sox
(8:05 pm)
LA Angels at LA Angels
(8:10 pm)
Oakland at Oakland
(8:10 pm)
San Diego at San Diego
(8:10 pm)
Colorado at Colorado
(10:05 pm)
San Francisco at San Francisco
(10:10 pm)
LA Dodgers at LA Dodgers
(10:15 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact