Dramatic weight loss question - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Dramatic weight loss question

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby great gretzky » Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:51 pm

i don't think it is with the skull per se, but the levels of fat around it. steroids make that fat level increase ( i think).
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby L0rdB23 » Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:53 pm

another similar weight loss is nevin but for nevin and hinske u can say they lost weight from rehabbing.. cuz neither were huge to begin with.. and now that i think about it ip bet wells and boone arent on roids either.. on the other end helton gained 20 lbs.. and reyes gained 20 lbs.. are we all gonna assume they are now on the roids??? .. LOL .. i love how their are so many assumptions..
L0rdB23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby SoxFanPJ » Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:58 pm

Just a reminder for everybody, muscle is denser then fat, a pound of fat looks much larger then a pound of muscle. Just for arguments sake, a player like Giambi if he weighed 220 last year with 15% body fat would look bigger then Giambi weighing 216 with say 8% body fat.

His actual body weight may have changed only slightly, but his body composition may have changed dramatically and as a result he may appear leaner.
SoxFanPJ
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby LionsandTigersOhMy » Thu Mar 04, 2004 11:09 pm

Pokey,

I have seen many post wondering what the link between big heads and steroids is..I dont know if it was all you but here goes..Its not anything to do with the head actually growing..The steroids make you retain water like crazy causing your face to appear puffy..Better word would be bloated..
LionsandTigersOhMy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby LBJackal » Thu Mar 04, 2004 11:30 pm

L0rdB23 wrote:another similar weight loss is nevin but for nevin and hinske u can say they lost weight from rehabbing.. cuz neither were huge to begin with.. and now that i think about it ip bet wells and boone arent on roids either.. on the other end helton gained 20 lbs.. and reyes gained 20 lbs.. are we all gonna assume they are now on the roids??? .. LOL .. i love how their are so many assumptions..

Steroids are now being tested for, so the chances of somebody on them is very unlikely. Your Reyes/Helton argument is pointless.

There are lots of players that have lost a ton of weight, and *surprise surprise* they were mostly the guys being suspected of steroid use to begin with. It's naive to say it's a coincidence.

And now that you think about it, Boone and Wells weren't on 'roids? Why? What do you know that nobody else does? You have no proof or evidence that they weren't on 'roids. We at least have evidence that they were.

How can you guys use this "innocent until proven guilty" BS? This isn't a court of law. It's real life. It's easy to shrug it off and say, "there's no 100% proof, so I'm going to assume he's never used steroids." But if you had to bet on 'roids or no 'roids, which would it be? The case for which you have evidence, or the case for which you have no evidence?

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby LG » Fri Mar 05, 2004 7:52 pm

IF Bret Boone can add 150 points to his slugging percentage along with 30 pounds of muscle at age 30 naturally, then I'd like him to share his secret with the rest of us.
LG

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby wrveres » Fri Mar 05, 2004 8:14 pm

LBJackal wrote:And now that you think about it, Boone and Wells weren't on 'roids? Why? What do you know that nobody else does? You have no proof or evidence that they weren't on 'roids. We at least have evidence that they were.

OMG, Really Jackal ..... ???

Care to share that "Evidence" with us ...
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers