Victor Martinez - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Victor Martinez

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Victor Martinez

Postby jfg » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:46 pm

It sounds like he will begin a rehab assignment soon. What's ETA for him getting back on the field with the Indians. What do you project for the rest of the season?
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 85)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Victor Martinez

Postby wildbill » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:15 pm

jfg wrote:It sounds like he will begin a rehab assignment soon. What's ETA for him getting back on the field with the Indians. What do you project for the rest of the season?

I thought I read a week or 2 ago that when he returns he was going to pretty much platoon at C the rest of the year. If that turns out to be true I wouldn't expect a lot. They really have no reason not to do that considering they are out of the race and have no reason to risk setbacks that cause problems next season. Like I said that was a week or 2 ago, they could always have changed their minds since then.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Rollotommasi » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:59 pm

wildbill wrote:
jfg wrote:It sounds like he will begin a rehab assignment soon. What's ETA for him getting back on the field with the Indians. What do you project for the rest of the season?

I thought I read a week or 2 ago that when he returns he was going to pretty much platoon at C the rest of the year. If that turns out to be true I wouldn't expect a lot. They really have no reason not to do that considering they are out of the race and have no reason to risk setbacks that cause problems next season. Like I said that was a week or 2 ago, they could always have changed their minds since then.

you thought wrong

he will platoon with Shoppach at C, with Garko at 1st, with Dellucci & co at DH....so basically he'll play 6/7 games for week
Rollotommasi
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby wildbill » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:24 pm

Rollotommasi wrote:
wildbill wrote:

you thought wrong

he will platoon with Shoppach at C, with Garko at 1st, with Dellucci & co at DH....so basically he'll play 6/7 games for week

Well, like I said it was a week or 2 ago when I read something about it. There's no reason to be snippy when I clearly implied I wasn't sure. And actually you confirmed I was partially right as you stated he will platoon at C, I just missed the rest. Still I wouldn't get my hopes up the old VMart (#1 fantasy C) will return before next season.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby threelions » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:27 pm

I hope he stays on DL for the rest of the reason.
Shoppach's been doing so great, even better than a 100% Vmart.
12-team h2h 5X5 non-keeper
J.Montero,Pujols,Craig,Plouffe,Middlebrooks,TROUT,Gordon,Ethier,Butler
KingFelix,Cain,Price,McCarthy,Lewis,Hansen
Myers,Nathan,Casilla,Romo
threelions
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Marrakesh Express » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:32 pm

I thought I was the man when I snagged him with my 4th pick after getting Sizemore in round 3. I said Indians are going to be great this year and score a ton of runs. Yea, definitely not. I traded Vmart for Soriano when they were both sucking so I got the best of that one.
Marrakesh Express
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jfg » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:36 pm

Anybody actually have an ETA?
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 85)

Postby tah161 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:51 pm

Looking at near the end of August according to Yahoo. He might go on a rehab this weekend or early next week.
tah161
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Injuries & Player Updates