Fallout 3 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Video Games

Fallout 3

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Fallout 3

Postby C2ThaLo88 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:52 pm

I used a lot of explosives, they worked quite well in conjunction with the chinese assault rifle (i.e. small guns). Toss a nade in there (undetected, hopefully, to get a critical bonus) then finish off what's left with the assault rifle. I also used a lot of mines (mainly because I had so many). Really fun game overall.
C2ThaLo88 Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:58 pm

C2ThaLo88 wrote:I used a lot of explosives, they worked quite well in conjunction with the chinese assault rifle (i.e. small guns). Toss a nade in there (undetected, hopefully, to get a critical bonus) then finish off what's left with the assault rifle. I also used a lot of mines (mainly because I had so many). Really fun game overall.

Yeah I should use nades more as I have a ton of them but I haven't been in a situation where I felt as if I needed to use them yet except for a few battles. I am on level 16 with small guns almost maxed out. I can bring down pretty much anyone without getting hurt too badly. Of course the deathclaw still rips me to shreds but I haven't encountered a lot of them yet.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby C2ThaLo88 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:12 pm

I've beaten the game and only seen one haha... I didn't do every quest though as I stuck to the main story line, not knowing it wouldn't take me to every available quest. But yes for the most part I stuck with the small guns perk and it worked fine.
C2ThaLo88 Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby KCollins1304 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:54 pm

Does it make me a bad person if I killed Sidney when she didn't wanna team up anymore after I returned to DoI to Abraham Washington? I stalked her until she got across the Rivet City Bridge, and then killed her for her special gun. I was a little disappointed that she didn't have her caps reward that she was supposed to get from Washington. :-)
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Yoda » Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:30 am

KCollins1304 wrote:Does it make me a bad person if I killed Sidney when she didn't wanna team up anymore after I returned to DoI to Abraham Washington? I stalked her until she got across the Rivet City Bridge, and then killed her for her special gun. I was a little disappointed that she didn't have her caps reward that she was supposed to get from Washington. :-)

That is a pretty useful gun. If you build up your small guns then you can use it until the end.

I just finished the game. It was very good and although it ended a bit abruptly, it was satisfying. I actually went back to my last save spot in order to finish up some of my side quests. I will finish it again after I wrap those up.

I will definitely start it up from scratch at some point when I have the time.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby C2ThaLo88 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:47 pm

KCollins1304 wrote:Does it make me a bad person if I killed Sidney when she didn't wanna team up anymore after I returned to DoI to Abraham Washington? I stalked her until she got across the Rivet City Bridge, and then killed her for her special gun. I was a little disappointed that she didn't have her caps reward that she was supposed to get from Washington. :-)

She happened to die to the robots when I first met her. Wasn't very sad seeing I got her gun :-)
C2ThaLo88 Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby KCollins1304 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:50 pm

C2ThaLo88 wrote:

She happened to die to the robots when I first met her. Wasn't very sad seeing I got her gun :-)

I made sure she lived because I thought I would be able to have her join my party for the rest of the game, I healed her several times and re-loaded when she died a couple times. I was a little disappointed when she just wanted to go drink and didn't give me any caps. When I repaired the weapon it just combined with my other machine gun.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby KCollins1304 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:48 pm

Wow, that ended quite suddenly. I had no idea I was on the last quest. It's really disappointing that the game just ends and you can't continue. I saved when I got to the rotunda room, not knowing that the doors locked behind you. My last save file was back at Raven Rock and I'm not sure I want to play through that all again.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Yoda » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:09 pm

Took me a long time to complete probably because I just wandered around the city and kept accepting quest requests.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby KCollins1304 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:22 pm

I ended up on Lvl 16 or 17 at the end. I did every side quest that I came across from speaking to everyone in every town I was in from the main quest, but I didn't just go wandering around aimlessly looking for every town. I started the game on Jan 17, so a little over 2 weeks is a pretty long time to occupy me with a game. I played 2-4 hrs pretty much every day except for maybe 2 of the days. Overall the game was a lot of fun, but the ending itself was disappointing (SPOILER: I joined BOS and ended up punching in the code at the purifier in the rotunda and died automatically from radiation, a pretty lame ending). I'm sure there are alternate endings if you chose to side with the Enclave. The fact that you can't continue to play after completing the main quest is really lame.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games